Subtle Flirting

Lucky Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi’s POV

Everyone’s eyes were on me – each and every one copying the other. They were quite surprised, well more of shocked, by me agreeing to go to a drinking party tonight.

I looked at them funny. “What? Is it wrong to join? Should I just decline then?” I joked.

Eunji, my crazy– friend from the Marketing Department, was looking at me with proud eyes. I could imagine her slapping me in the back and saying “Congratulations for graduating from the prim and proper Bomi!”

I gave her a look. Eunji simply laughed.

“Hey, it’ll be great! You guys have no idea how fun she is,” she told the others.

“Really noona? Really? Really? Really?” Jackson, a guy from the Design Department, asked. I could see curiosity in his eyes.

I shook my head no. “I’m not,” I lamely answered.

My head snapped at Eunji’s direction and subtly glared at her.

Stupid Eunji!

I internally choked my friend.

“Oh! Secretary Yoon is coming?” A very familiar voice suddenly joined in. I looked up and saw my boss, Jung Ilhoon smiling at me.

“Yes, I am,” I answered, my eyes on him.

He smirked. “It’ll be an interesting party then,” he commented.

“You’re going too, right sir?” Sungjae from the HR Department asked.

The CEO nodded his head. “Won’t miss it for the world!” he exaggeratedly quipped.

The girls squealed in delight and the boys were obviously excited. If the boss is coming, then it will certainly be an interesting night indeed.

I internally sighed.

What have I gotten myself into?

 

**

By the end of office hours, everyone quickly went home. They were all saying they needed to prepare for the party. I internally groaned.

“So we need to dress up?” I dejectedly mumbled.

I was waiting for the elevator to come up when I felt a nudge on my shoulder. Calvin Klein’s Eternity Aqua suddenly filled my nose.

! Why does it have to be him?!

I bit my lip then gulped nervously. Gathering my strength, I looked up at the person standing beside me.

Lo and behold, my great boss – Jung Ilhoon, was standing smugly beside me.

He probably noticed my discomfort when I realized it was him.

I simply bowed and smiled at him as a greeting.

When the elevator finally arrived, we both silently went in.

“So, are you excited for tonight Secretary Yoon?” my boss asked.

I somehow found his voice y. As to why, I’d rather die than know.

I glanced at him then answered. “Of course! It’ll be fun to be with everyone.”

Jung Ilhoon looked at me pretty amused. I noticed his eyes travel from my feet to my head.

Did he just do a once-over?! I internally gaped.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter