I Dare You

Lucky Red
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi’s POV

I was never a petty person. I don’t trouble myself with useless things, or rather; I don’t care about a lot of things at all.

I do not waste any time on something worthless and trivial like a dare. Yet with just one sentence, all the control and tolerance I’ve built up through the years have crumbled into nothingness.

All of my hard work to be prim and proper, to be uptight and straight, everything – have been undone.

Right now, I lay awake, and very , in the arms of the man I wouldn’t have thought or imagined myself to be with.

“Why did you do it?” I asked myself.

I stared at the sleeping figure beside me and wondered for the nth time.

Why? Why Yoon Bomi? Why?!

The events of last night flashed through my mind.

 

[**flashback**]

“Secretary Yoon.” My boss offered me a glass of wine.

I begrudgingly extended my hand and accepted the drink.

We’re currently in his living room, drinking expensive red wine.

And it’s just the two of us.

Uh-huh! He and I, I and he, we only! Yay! /feel my sarcasm/

I feel like an idiot for accepting his offer for a ride home.

If I knew he was going to take me to his apartment, I would have gone home with Eunji instead.

I internally berated myself for the nth time.

“I didn’t know you were such a great drinker Secretary Yoon,” he told me. I glanced at him.

He had a smirk playing at his lips. I internally sighed

Why do I suddenly feel anxious?

Jung Ilhoon sat beside me and looked at me, amusement in his eyes.

“You’re full of surprises aren’t you?” he asked.

I looked at him questioningly. “What do you mean?”

He smiled at me. “You, here in my living and drinking wine with me,” he simply stated. I scoffed.

“Why does that surprise you? Am I not allowed to drink wine?” I answered him.

He chuckled softly.

Oh this damn guy and his cute chuckle!

My heart constricted a bit. I downed the wine in one go. My face scrunched up.

“God that felt good!” I sighed.

“Have more then.”

Jung Ilhoon poured me another glass of wine and this time, I happily accepted it.

 

**

After a few more drinks of wine and whisky, and hours of talking and laughing; I was already feeling a buzz.

I didn’t know drinking with my boss would be this interesting.

Who would have thought I’d enjoy his company, eh?

We were laughing at something he said. I couldn’t remember it at all. I just thought it was funny.

“Ne~ Bomi-ah!” he cooed.

We made a deal to call each other’s names if it was just the two of us.

I looked at him. “Yeah Ilhoon-ah?” He cheekily smiled at me.

He looked like a cat when he does that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter