First.

Be with someone

Hyeso's POV

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Jung Hoseok the rapper of BTS.”

I put my book down and get up from my chair. “I’m Kim Hyeso of Darlingz.”I bowed at him.

Actually, we’ve met for several times, but we never introduce ourself to each other. I mean, introducing ourself personally as our ownself, not our group.

He sat across me. I sit again and continue to read my book.

“Wow it’s going to be great.”He said. “When my manager told me that you’re my wife, I’m really excited.”

Tsk. Liar.
“I’m a fan of darlingz. What can be more exciting than do a reality show with a member of a group that you like?”He continued.

But I’m not the one you like, fake.

“You like reading books?”He asked me.

I put down my book. Well, I can’t continue to read anyways since he keep talking and now he asking me a question.

“Yes, sunbaenim.”

He smiled. Again. Or maybe actually he hasn’t stop smiling.

“Ah, you must be smart.”

I’m a nerd not smart.

“Oh My God! You read English book?”Suddenly he grab my book.

Are you for real?

“You must be really smart, Hyeso-sshi!!”He said with a really loud tones. “I’m so lucky to have you as my wife!”

I don’t like this guy.

Suddenly, a middle aged man came and whispering something to him.

“See you later, Hyeso-sshi.”

I get up and bowed at him. He smiled. Again.Still. Then he left after bowed back to me. After he’s gone, I grab my book and looking for a place for hiding until the first meeting with the crews start. Which is one hour again.

Last week, my manager said he want to talk in private with me. I thought I make a mistake and he will scold me, but it turns out he has signed me to join the show without my permission. Last year, one of my group member, the visual one, become a hot topic among the netizen because she spotted in Hongdae with one of his boy-friend.

Being an idol is . You can’t do everything you want. Why did I choose this path anyway?

But lucky me. I’m the less popular in my group. It’s been 2 years of our debut and this is my very first solo activity. Even the PD of this show didn’t know that I’m a member of one of can be said popular girlband in Korea at first.

Well, yes, I don’t really like to be in spotlight. Even without me under the spotlight, the freedom of mine already taken. It’s weird. No one notice you, but once you do something wrong, you become popular in just a split of second.

So, my entertainment signed me for this show without my permission because they already know my answer if they ask me. The worst part is, it’s the show I hate the most.

We Got Married.

I don’t understand the point of the show.

You suddenly got married with someone you barely know, act awkward of each other at first- or maybe yes it’s really an awkward situation, then you become a lovey dovey husband and wife. Whats the point of all of that? Is that somehow pleasing the fans?

From what I know, it’s just make the girl gained haters.

Which is now the girl is me.

I’m so dead. I know.

I found a really quite place after wondering the whole floor. I sat on the floor and continue to read my book.

“Just if back then I’m not crazy enough to chased this stupid dream.”I thought.

*

“So, the first meeting will be in Hangang River.”The PD said. “Both of you have read the script right?”

Both of us nodded.

“I’ve casted some idols to make the searching of your real husband more interesting.”The PD continued.

The meeting last for 4 hours. The crews said that’s pretty fast. Usually it lasted for 6 or maybe 10 hours.

Of course it’s not last long. I agreed with every plans they have planned. Him too.

I’m waiting for my van when suddenly someone call my name. It’s him.

I bowed.

He smiled. Again.Still.

“Annyeonghaseyo,Hyeso-sshi. Waiting for your van?”He asked.

“Yes, sunbaenim.”

He still smiling. When will you stop smiling?

Well, I’m so sorry if it’s sounds rude. I’ve asked the crews and they told me you’re born in 1995.”

So? “Yes, sunbaenim. I was born in 1995.”

“I was born in 1994. I’m older by a year from you.”I just staring at him. “Well, since we’re going to seeing each other more often starting now, I think, it’ll be great if we can be comfortable with each other.”He explained.

“Sure, sunbaenim.”I respond.

He cleared his throat. “So, I think, it’ll be better if you put that sunbaenim down and call me oppa.”

………….what?

“You’re going to call me that way during the show anyway.”

He waited for my answer while I really don’t know what to say. I don’t feel comfortable around him at first and now he make it more awkward.

And thanks God. My van arrived.

“I gotta go. See you tomorrow, sunbaenim.”I bow at him then get into my van immediately.

I saw him waving at me while-still smiling, so I open the window and waved back at him. I didn’t want to be judged as a rude junior. Especially, he’s a really well known idol.

“You’re lucky to have him. He’s a really good person.”My manager said after we out from the MBC area.

I grab my bag from the back seat then take my phone out.

“He’s kinda handsome don’t you think? He’s a rapper in the group you know? You really likes rap don’t you?”My manager keep talking. “I don’t understand why you really like rap. You’re the main vocal. Or maybe you want to try rap in the future?”

HB : Where are you?  It was 4 hours ago.

HS : MBC. I left my phone in the van sorry.

Bet he already sleep or maybe practicing.

But then I got a reply.

HB :So you really do the WGM show? Who’s your husband?

HS : Husband.. don’t use that word. He’s not my husband. Jung Hoseok from BTS. You know him?

HB : No. I know his group but not him. Well, I know Rapmonster. Is he handsome? What is he in BTS?

“Hyeso, are you hungry?”My manager asked me.

HS : Rapper.

HB : Wow. You must like him then. Is he handsome? You haven’t answer that.

HS : You better sleep. Bye

HB : He must be handsome then.

HS : goodnight.

“Hyeso, I’m talking to you.”

“No. I’m not hungry.”I answered.

I can hear his sigh, but who cares.

HB : I’m in the studio now. Will do a comeback soon. When will your group make a comeback?

HS : We’re preparing a comeback but not sure about the date. Probably will avoid to have a comeback in the same date as your group.

HB : Okay then. Goodnight. I love you.

And the conversation ended.

*

I groan when I heard someone keep yelling and also shook my body continuesly.

We’re not promoting anything why someone waking me up?

“HYESO WAKE UP!!”

Oh yeah, WGM .

I got up but still closing my eyes. I slapped my cheek hard to get back in my sense. I need to accept the fact that I have an activity beside promoting songs with my group. Solo activity.

I walk to the bathroom don't bother to open my eyes. I’ve been living in this dorm for 4 years, I remember every inchs of it.

While I showering, my manager keep telling me to hurry up. The shooting start at 6 and it’s just 3 in the morning. Yes, I need to go to the saloon first. Bezz.

Two hour later I already in the shooting location. Some crews passed by me while bowed their head slightly. I bowed 90 degrees at them. If I complained of getting up so early today, I should be ashamed. They need to getting up much more earlier than me.

The location of the shooting is in Hangang River.

Like what the PD said yesterday, there’s some idols in the set. There’s Minwoo from Boyfriend, Hyuk from VIXX and V from Jung Hoseok’s group BTS. All of them wearing a track suit. Me too. Today’s concept is how to say it? Hemm, being healthy? I’m going to looking for Hoseok in the middle of people who’s jogging this morning.

They keep talking to each other until one of them spotted me. All of them looking at me. I bowed at them. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Hyeso of Darlingz.”I introduced myself.

They bowed back at me then introducing their self one by one.

“Hoseok hyung really lucky to have you as his wife! You’re really pretty.”V said.

I smiled at him. “I’m the one who’s lucky.”

After that, they continue their convensation. They’re talking randomly like V talking about how hard his group dance moves then the other explain their group dance moves. In a split of seconds, they’re talking about famous restaurant. Then how they need to dealing with beard. Then.. Then.. Then..

I’m just being a good listener. Wish I had my phone with me right now.

“Ah Kim Hyeso-sshi,”I looked at V who’s suddenly called my name. “Yes, sunbaenim?”

“Aigoo, don’t call me sunbaenim!”He said. “Hoseok hyung told me you were born in 1995. I also born in that year. Let’s be friend!”

For a moment I can feel he really meant it. Let’s be friend.

“All of us were born in 1995. I guess the PD-nim want it that way.”Minwoo added.

I smiled. “Yes, sure. Let’s be friend.”

V clapped his hand. “Yeay!! The member of 1995 liner is increasing!”He shouted. “We’re lacking of girl member actually. Why not many girl of 1995 liner become an idol?”

Minwoo hit his head. “Ya! It’s because we’re not really asking around who’s born in that year. We need to be more aggressive next year.”

“Give me your kktalk id. I’ll invite you to 1995 liner group.”V handed me his handphone.

I took his phone and typed my id there after that I give it back.

He grinned. “I’ve invited you! Please accept it.”

“I don’t bring my phone. I’ll accept your invitation later on.”

They’re having random conversation again. Now they’re discussing why Minwoo hate anchovy. I don’t find it interesting, but I have nothing to do except waiting the set to be ready anyway.

I’m the main vocal of my group. It’s good since I it's my dream. Becoming a singer. Even though the definition of singer is a bit blurry now since you had to be an entertainer in the same time.

Back then, the image of singer is someone who understand tone, had nice voice, but now, no matter how good your voice is, if you’re not pretty, then you don’t have a chance.

I’m not saying I’m pretty.

I don’t like the concept of my group anyway. I never imagine that I’ll debut in a group since at first the CEO of my entertaiment promised me that I’ll debut as a soloist. That’s why I agreed to sign the contract.

Being a trainee for 5 years, I almost give up. It’s really hard.

I went to school in the morning, rushed to the practice room after that until the morning comes again. That makes me don’t have friends at school, even though I should admit it I’m not a social person.

And like what I’ve said before, this is the very first solo activity after 2 years of my debut. I don’t like acting. I want to be a singer not actress. The only acting I did is only during the shoot of my group music video- I don’t get much camera time too.

Even when my group do a variety show, I barely showed up. I feel annoyed when I found cameras attached on the windows of our van and also in every corner of our dorm especially in my room. During that time, I spend most of my time in the practice room.

I don’t like to be exposed that much. Especially, I exposed not because my ability to sing, but my ability to entertaining people- fans.

The concept of my group is cute, lovely, and innocent which make my life 10 times worse than my trainee life.

We need to act all the time. And that’s . But I guess I give my company a really hard time since most of the time I just be what I am.

I don’t make any trouble. It’s only like when the others pretend to be nice and lovely- when actually they cursed under their breath and feel annoyed if the fans being too much, I prefer to just put straight face.

No wonder the fans called me the ice fairy.

And they still called me a fairy.

Bezz.

And since I’m the less popular, no one give a and I do enjoy that. At least I can go to the supermarket without being noticed by everyone.

“Please be in your position.”One of the crew telling us.

They stop talking to each other.

“Well, let’s working hard for today!”V said. “Hwaiting!!”They yelled together.

Me too. But not yelled. Just a slight lips movement.

Everyone went to their position, include me.

In this scene, I need to look for my ‘husband’.

"How could I know which one is my husband?"

They gave me a picture of him but they covering the face.

“How could I find him if you covering the face?”I asked.

The camera is already rolling anyway.

“I need to figure it out?”I asked again. “But there’s a lot of people in here.”

Then I try to looking for him like a fool.

I met Hyuk. I bowed at him. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Hyeso the member of Darlingz.” He bowed back and also introducing himself.

Isn’t it’s weird? Seeing an idol in this kind of place? Okay, just let it be. I don’t care.

I comparing him with the picture and pretend I really don’t have any idea. “Sunbaenim, are you my husband?”I asked.

He pretended to be laughing at my words.

“They gave me this as the hint.”I asked while handed him the picture.

He studied the picture. “Well, I can tell you it’s not me but I’m much more handsome than him.” He joked.

I laugh slightly. “If that so, well, sorry for disturbing your jogging time, sunbaenim.”He handed me the picture.

“Hwaiting looking for your husband!”He said then jogged away.

I continue to looking for him like a fool.

The second one is Minwoo. I also asked the same lame question and he also declare he’s more handsome than a guy in the picture.

“How can I find a guy if you only show me his body? There’s a lot of people who’s like this!”I pretended to be frustrated.

Then I continue to looking for him like a fool.

I keep pretended frustated and asking for another hint from the crews, until suddenly V popped out of nowhere.

“Are you looking for you husband?”He asked after introducing himself.

I smiled widely. “Yes! Are you my husband?”

He grab my hand and pull me to follow him. “Will it be okay if I’m your husband?”He asked.

“Will it be okay if I’m your wife?”I asked him back.

He laughed out loud. “Well, I wish I am, but sadly I’m not. Having you as my wife will be really great!”He said. “By the way, please stay here. Your husband will be here in any minute.”Then he left me near the river.

Just like in the script. I’m waiting for him for several minutes talking to the camera, asking is he really coming or it's only a joke. I can clearly see a staff whispering something to the PD but the PD didn’t seems to take it seriously.

Are they talking about me? Am I do something wrong? Am I not good enough? Should I just resign from this show? It’s not airing yet. They haven’t announce about this anyway.

Suddenly, I heard someone cleared a throat behind me. I turned around and he’s standing there behind me wearing a tuxedo. I haven’t see him for today. I thought he'll be wearing a track suit too like the others.

I guess the PD want it this way.

“Hyeso-sshi?”He asked.

I nodded.

He smiled-again. But this one doesn’t feel he meant it. It’s just an act.

“Is this belong to you?”He taking out something from his pocket then show it to me.

A necklace.

Wait? Isn’t that my necklace? My own necklace. How could he..

I took it from him and going to say my line, but suddenly the PD, “CUT!”He shouted.

He walk to my direction. “You’re supposed to let him put it on you.”

I nodded. “I’m sorry.”Then I bowed.

“Okay, we’ll do it again.”Then he go back to his ious position.

We re-do the scene. I try to do my best until the very last of the shooting for that scene so I don’t need to re-do any scenes.

The shooting in Hangang river end at 11 a.m and we’re going to the next location.

I get into my van.

“You’re doing a really good job there.”My manager start the conversation.

Poor him. He really likes to talk. Usually, my members will respond him, but not me.

“Even though you make a mistake, it’s pretty good. You only make a mistake. A mistake! See? You’re really good at acting.”He continued. I bet he already know I wouldn’t say anything. “At first I don’t understand why the PD-nim wants you to be just what you are. The not talking to much girl and only showing straight face most of the time, but when I talking with the Hoseok guy, wow, he's really a good talker. I think that’s why they picked you as his wife.”

I shut my eyes. I only sleep for 3 hours yesterday.