Running From You

Caramel Chocolate Kiss

“Okay, so we can eat first, or we can go do some shopping first, what do you want to do?” Kris as he and Yixing walked side by side through the streets of Busan.

 

“Hmm, let’s go shopping first!” Yixing smiled grabbing Kris’s hand and leading him through the crowd into a department store.

 

Kris smiled as he held Yixing’s hand, following him wherever he wanted to go. Yixing brought him to a simple store, more than anything, there were tons of sweatshirts, hats, jackets, fall and winter stuff.

 

Yixing looked back at Kris “I want to get a new sweatshirt.” He smiled.

 

Kris nodded “Then I will too.” He said and Yixing laughed a little before pulling him to the sweatshirt rack.

 

Yixing let go of Kris’s warm hand and started to look at the sweatshirts, he wasn’t sure what exactly he was looking for, but he knew he’d find it. “Xing.” Yixing stopped looking at the sweatshirts and looked at Kris who was holding a purple and black hoodie with lots of different print on it, Yixing smiled instantly and grabbed it.

 

“I figured you ‘d like that one.” Kris chuckled and Yixing nodded his head numerous times.

 

Yixing held onto the hoodie and continued to look through them, yes, he was going to get that one, but he was now looking for one for Kris. “You should get one with cat ears.” Yixing sat as he continued to look.

 

Kris started laughing “Is that right?” Yixing nodded.

 

“Yes, you would look cute with cat ears.” He smiled giving Kris a thumbs up making him laugh even more.

 

“I’ll have to do that then.” He said.

 

“Good.”

 

After looking a little more, Yixing found one that was perfect for Kris and his casual yet y style, he took it off the rack “Kris.” He said and Kris looked up and smiled.

 

“I thought you said cat ears?”

 

“You’ve got a birthday at one point or another during the year.” Kris busted out laughing at how seriously Yixing said it.

 

“True, very true.” He agreed and then reached for the jacket, it was black like a varsity jacket, white sleeves and a black hood. “I like it, thanks Xing.”

 

Yixing smiled with a nod “Let’s get these.” Kris nodded in agreement and then snatched Yixing’s hoodie before he could even blink an eye and was already at the cashier paying for both as well as a black beanie.

 

Once he was done, Kris turned to see Yixing standing in front of him with a frown on his face and his arms crossed over his chest “You’re cuter when you smile.” He said bonking his forehead softly with Yixing’s before walking towards the exit.

 

“Hey!” Yixing shouted after him and ran after him, he grabbed Kris’s arm as the two walked “I could have got that, you know.” He grumbled still holding onto Kris’s arm.

 

Kris smiled a little “I know, but today is a date, it’s only natural I pay for everything, and besides, I want to , so shh.”

 

Yixing looked up at him “Are you implying I’m the girl here?”

 

Kris shrugged “You are the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen, so maybe?”

 

“Yah!” Yixing frowned and Kris started laughing.

 

“I’m just kidding Xing.” He said ruffling his hair “For the most part.” He added after a moment and then jogged ahead of Yixing avoiding the possibility of Yixing punching him in the arm.

 

Yixing smiled and ran after him laughing, Kris was always fun to be around, there was never a dull moment. He assumed his former position next to Kris, except this time, Kris reached for his hand, sliding Yixing’s smaller hand into his larger one, a perfect fit.

 

“What do you want to do now?” Yixing asked as they walked down the sidewalk, both of them looking at the passing stores and people.

 

“Ice cream?”

 

Yixing’s face lit up and he smiled nodding making Kris laugh and lead them to an ice cream shop just a couple stores down. The two walked inside and Yixing told Kris what he wanted before he went to find a seat in the rather crowded shop while Kris stayed to order, he found a seat in the corner next to the window and took a seat setting their bag with their sweatshirts on the edge of the table by the window. Yixing sat facing the inside of the café, he watched as Kris ordered their ice cream and when he turned his head, he caught Yixing staring at him and he smiled winking at him before taking their ice cream back to the table.

 

“Staring at me?” Kris smirked as he sat down handing Yixing his ice cream.

 

“Me? Never in a million years.” Yixing said before smiling.

 

“Silly.”

 

 

“God ing damnit, why won’t he answer his damn phone?!” Joonmyun cursed under his breath as he jogged through the streets of downtown Busan.

 

He stopped for the hundredth time that morning to look around to see if he could find his brother “Damnit Xing, where the hell are you?” he asked no one in particular and then kept running.

 

Stopping again he looked inside the shops around him on both sides of the street, his eyes stopped on a certain shop that sold Yixing’s second favorite thing in the world. Sitting at a table laughing was his beloved Yixing and that damn guy from their class, he couldn’t ing care less who he was or what his name was, he was taking his Yixing away. He scowled at how much Yixing seemed to be enjoying himself with that guy, it made his heart squeeze, and not that happy you aren’t sure how you feel squeeze, the painful one, the one that happens when you see the one you love enjoying themselves with someone else.

 

“Of course it’s not me.” He grumbled under his breath, he stared at them long and hard before turning on his heel and running back towards the house.

 

 

“So, I have something to confess to you.” Kris said looking at Yixing.

 

Yixing looked up from his ice cream with curious eyes “What is it?”

 

Kris took a breath “This morning while you were in the shower, you phone went off, and I kind of looked at it, I’m sorry for invading your privacy like that…” he said before looking down.

 

Yixing smiled with a giggle and dipped his finger in his ice cream “Look at me.” He said and Kris looked up and Yixing put a small dot of his ice cream on Kris’s nose confusing him “I don’t mind that you did that, but… you probably know now… huh?” 

 

“Is that Joonmyun really your brother?” Kris then asked looking at Yixing with wide and worried eyes. Joonmyun really was an from what he could see, he was rude to everyone who talked to him, he scowled all the time, he always back talked their teachers.

 

Yixing let out a dry laugh “He is… he’s my older twin brother…”

 

Kris then reached across the table and grabbed Yixing's hand and laced their fingers together “From now on, whatever the reason may be, please come to me when he says anything that hurts or upsets you, please Xing.” He said.

 

Yixing glanced around the now pretty empty shop and then leaned forward planting a kiss on Kris’s cheek “I will, thank you Kris.” He said softly.

 

Kris gave Yixing a soft smile before squeezing his hand a little “Let’s head back to my house for the day and watch movies, how does that sound?” he asked.

 

Yixing nodded “I’d like that, but first we have to stop at the grocery store, you need some food in your house, I’m making us dinner tonight and I need things to cook with.” He smiled.

 

“You’re going to cook?” Yixing nodded “For me?” Yixing nodded again and smiled.

 

“Didn’t I tell you I would make sure you ate?” Kris smiled widely and nodded.

 

“Thank you Xing.”

 

“You’re always welcome.” Yixing smiled.

 

 

“Oh god, I’m lost already.” Kris frowned as they walked into the grocery store.

 

Yixing turned to look at him and laughed “We just walked in the doors though!”

 

Kris held his hands up in defense “I told you! I always go out to eat, I’ve never been in a grocery store before, my mom always did that!” he said defending himself.

 

Yixing continued to laugh and then grabbed Kris’s hand and as if it was the most natural thing in the world, the two laced their fingers together and Yixing lead the way through the store grabbing everything he would need to make dinner for the next couple of days.

 

“You should just come over to my place from now on for dinner.” Kris said suddenly.

 

“My mother would murder me.” Kris laughed a little.

 

“Then can I come over to your house for dinner?”

 

“Do you want to be interrogated by my parents?” Yixing raised an eyebrow.

 

Kris shrugged “Depends, what would they interrogate me about?”

 

“Our relationship.”

 

“Yixing, when’s your birthday?” Kris suddenly asked.

 

Yixing looked at him like he was stupid, weren’t they just talking about his family? “October seventh.” He said.

 

Kris looked at him with wide eyes “That’s next week!”

 

Yixing thought for a second “Yeah, I guess it is..” he said after a moment.

 

Kris’s expression dropped “Please don’t tell me you forgot about your own birthday.” He said crossing his arms over his chest.

 

Yixing just shrugged “My home life hasn’t exactly been bliss since the school year started.”

 

Kris sighed and shook his head “That’s it, I don’t care what your parents say, you’re staying with me as much as possible, and I get you all day on your birthday, no if’s and’s or but’s, got it? And don’t try to reject me, I won’t accept it.”

 

Yixing simply looked at him and smiled “I got it.” He nodded.

 

“Awesome.” Kris smiled.

 

Yixing found everything else he needed and then they made their ways to the checkout and before Kris could, Yixing paid for all of the food and Kris frowned “I thought we agreed on I’d be buying today?” he said as they left making their way back to Kris’s.

 

“I never actually agreed to that.” Yixing said glancing at Kris.

 

“Aish, this guy.” Kris mumbled and Yixing smiled.

 

 

“Sooooo~ what’s cookin’ good lookin’?” Kris asked as he appeared behind Yixing.

 

Yixing started laughing  “Enchiladas.”

 

“Encha-what?” Kris asked confused.

 

“En-Chil-a-das.” Yixing said “It’s a Mexican recipe, my grandparents went to Mexico for my grandpa’s work when I was fourteen and my grandma brought back a ton of recipe’s from over there and I’d always help her cook and eventually learned them by heart.”

 

“Oh, fancy, are they good?”

 

“No one makes better one’s than I do.” Yixing said confidently.

 

Kris smiled and wrapped his arms around Yixing’s waist from behind catching him completely off guard “Then I can’t wait.” He said before kissing Yixing's and letting him go and walking back out to the living room.

 

Yixing stood frozen, his heart was beating a million miles an hour, since when did he get like this around Kris? Sure he blushed sometimes, but not once did his heart flutter like that. Wasn’t it Joonmyun who did that to his heart? Yixing took deep breaths trying to calm down, he’d have to be more careful.

 

An hour or so later, both boys were sitting at the dinner table with a large glass pan sitting between them filled with enchiladas covered in cheese and hot sauce. Kris stared at it “I don’t even know if I want to eat it.” Kris frowned.

 

“Why?!” Yixing frowned clearly upset.

 

“No! it’s not like that!” Kris then said realizing what he’d actually said “I meant to say it looks like a professional made it, so I don’t want to ruin such a masterpiece!”

 

Yixing still frowned and then cut an enchilada out of the pan and placed it on Kris’s plate, he stared at it for a moment before cutting a piece and eating it. He slowly chewed it and then stopped and stared at Yixing. He then finished chewing “I don’t care what you say, your cooking is godly, I have never eaten something so weird but amazing at the same time, I want to eat your cooking all the time!” he said before eating more.

 

Yixing smiled as he watching Kris chow down like he hadn’t eaten in days, it made him happy beyond belief that someone felt that way about his cooking, no one, not even his parents have said that before. Yixing’s heart fluttered as he watched Kris smile and get himself another enchilada, but this time, he barely noticed it, he was so content watching Kris, nothing else mattered.

 

He then started eating himself and was able to eat two before Kris finished off the entire pan of ten enchiladas. Just as Yixing was about to get up to start cleaning the dishes, Kris picked him up bridal style and walked over setting him down on the couch “Stay here, I’ll do the dishes.” He said before planting a kiss on Yixing’s forehead and walking into the kitchen to do the dishes.

 

Yixing simply smiled and turned his attention to the TV, he then saw a movie rack off to the right of the TV and he got up and walked over to it, there were a lot of American movies. Looking through them, Yixing settled on a cute chick flick that his mom really liked Letters to Juliet. He’d seen it numerous times and he admits, it was a really cute movie, he didn’t have the slightest idea why Kris would have it, but either way, that’s what they were watching.

 

“Chick flick, really Xing?” Kris laughed as he put the CD in and then walked back to the couch sitting next to Yixing.

 

Yixing nodded “Really.”

 

Just as the movie was starting, Yixing’s phone started ringing, he frowned and debated just turning it off “You should answer it, he may be an , but he is worried about you.” Kris said handing Yixing his phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Mom and dad came home about two hours ago, they’re pissed, you might want to come home now before they get even madder.” Joonmyun simply said before hanging up.

 

Yixing pulled his phone away from his ear in confusion “Everything okay?”

 

“Apparently my parents came home a little while ago and are upset, I should probably head home, I’m sorry.” Yixing frowned before standing up.

 

He walked into Kris’s bedroom and grabbed his things and Kris had given him one of his backpacks to put his clothes in, he slid on his new sweatshirt and then Kris suddenly put the beanie on his head “This is for you.” He smiled.

 

Yixing smiled and nodded leaning up kissing Kris’s cheek “Thank you for everything, I’ll call or text you later.” He said before leaving.

 

Kris sighed and slumped into his couch, this was hard.

 

 

“Where the hell have you been young man?!” Jae Yoon yelled when Yixing walking inside.

 

Yixing stopped dead in his tracks and looked at his angry father and not so pleased mother “I-I was with Kris.” He whispered.

 

“For the entire day?!” Yixing nodded.

 

“Stop ing yelling at him! This isn’t his fault!” Joonmyun shouted at their father

 

“Watch your mouth young man!!”

 

“How about you?! You owe him a ing apology, he didn’t ing know about my school problems, but of course, you being the complete ing you grew to be after you and mom divorced, blamed it on Xing, ing apologize to him now!”  Joonmyun was now standing in front of Yixing who was too scared to even blink an eye.

 

“What the hell has happened to you two?! What happened to your ‘I won’t do it if he doesn’t attitude?!”

 

“You two did!” Yixing the shouted “Your divorce made us like this! Can’t you see that?!”

 

“Exactly, it’s because of your guys’ selfishness that we had to suffer. Your divorce made my life a living hell, dad became someone not even his childhood friends knew, you stopped helping me with anything, you left me at home alone all the damn time! You wanna know why I am this way?! Huh?! Look back at your ty parenting!” Joonmyun yelled.

 

Jae Yoon was at a loss for words, was that really what had happened? He admitted that he maybe wasn’t the best father to Joonmyun after the divorce, but was it really his fault that Joonmyun had ended up this way?

 

“And one more thing, I think you two owe us the truth about who we actually are.” Joonmyun said glaring at his parents.

 

Their parents froze “What do you mean?” Yixing asked.

 

“I found something very interesting in the attic last night, why don’t you come clean with the truth while we’re having this lovely family “discussion”.” Joonmyun smirked. “I can’t say I’m upset necessarily with what I found, however, I’m rather pissed that you’ve lied to us our entire lives.”

 

“Jo-Joonmyun, how did you find out about that?” their mother stuttered.

 

Joonmyun shrugged “This weekend has been pretty ty for me, I decided to look at our family records just for the hell of it so see how you two became so ed up when we were separated.”

 

“Mom, dad, what’s he talking about?” Yixing asked again.

 

“Yeah, mom, dad, whatever am I talking about?”

 

Their parents stayed quiet, they didn’t even know what to say.

 

Joonmyun scowled “Fine, don’t talk, I’ll tell him.” Joonmyun walked to the table where a single piece of paper was sitting and he walked back handing it to Yixing.

 

Forum of Adoption

 

Adoption Parents: Kim Jae Yoon and Kim Jai Hua

 

Sibling: Kim Joonmyun

 

Birth name of adopted child: Zhang Yixing

 

Legally changed name: Kim Yixing

 

Date of Birth: October 7th

 

Parents: Zhang Wei Xiao and Zhang Li Xing – deceased shortly after child’s brith

 

The paper slipped from Yixing’s shaking hands and fell to the floor “I-I’m a-a-adop-adopted?” he asked with tears already in his eyes.

 

Their parents both looked at each other and then to Yixing “We’re sorry we couldn’t tell you sooner.” They whispered.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter^^ I hope you guys liked it, as I said in the last update, these next chapters will be coming rather quickly, I'm already almost finished with the next chapter and have the chapter after that one all planned out so anticipate it^^

Thank you for subscrbing and I love reading your comments too!!!^^

Until next time guys~!!!

TaeTae<3