Damnit

Caramel Chocolate Kiss

I'm not dead I swear, just busy ^.^ Here's the next chapter, I hope you guys like it :) don't forget to comment~! 

--------------------------------------

 

“So, I’ve found quite a few places that would be perfect for the clinic, all we need to do is take some pictures and email them in for evaluation before we can go ahead and start making plans. I made sure these spots fit all the criteria needed for the clinic to work for the people.” Jongdae said standing next to Joonmyun out on the gravel road in front of Yixing’s house.

 

Joonmyun nodded “Okay, well do you want to go take the pictures and I’ll call the office and then go talk to Mr. Lau, does that sound good to you?”

 

“Whatever works for you hyung.” Jongdae smiled.

 

“Why don’t we meet for lunch in town today around noonish too and then we can talk again?”

 

“Roger that.” Jongdae chuckled before taking his leave.

 

Joonmyun went back inside Yixing’s house, the house was silent which meant everyone was still asleep. He quietly went into Jae’s room to grab his backpack with all of his work things and went out to the kitchen table and set up his own little mini office.

 

He went ahead and first emailed the hospital back in Seoul, explaining everything needed, he told them the possible places the two found and more information will be gathered on those places as well as a following email with pictures as well as a little background on the area around it as well as written permission to put the clinic there. He made sure everything was covered and everything was correct before sending it, next he decided to make up for an accident the night before.

 

He picked up his phone and dialed Young Jae’s number, it rang three times before he picked up “Good morning.”

 

“Good morning.” Joonmyun smiled hearing the voice of his lover.

 

“How did you sleep, did little Jae finally calm down?”

 

“I slept pretty good, and yeah, I calmed him down, he’ll be okay. I’m sorry about that though, when I had gotten him calmed down, you’d already logged off and I didn’t want to wake you.”

 

Young Jae chuckled “Don’t worry about it love, I just wanted to give you some space, although I don’t know why he called you daddy, I’m sure it was just because you’re a father figure to him. I hope he’s okay and you too, you’re eating right, right? Not eating junk food and crap like that?”

 

Joonmyun laughed “I’m not, I promise. My landlord is actually a really good cook, just about as good as mom is, it’s a little scary, but he has yet to make a dish I don’t like which is surprising considering how picky of an eater I tend to be.”

 

“He must have a hidden talent,” Young Jae laughed “I remember when we started dating, you barely ever ate the food I made you, always so picky.”

 

“I can’t  help that I don’t like certain foods, you know that.” Joonmyun smiled.

 

“I know, I’m just giving you a hard time. So what is my handsome boyfriend up to today?”

 

“I actually just finished emailing the hospital head possible ideas for a place to build the clinic here in Feng Kang, Jongdae is actually out as we speak taking pictures and getting some information on the locations as we speak. We’re meeting up for lunch around noon to talk things over and decide the top locations we think are best before I have to email them again with the final stuff.”

 

“Sounds interesting, I hope everything goes good for you two. You’re still coming home in three days, right?”

 

Joonmyun chuckled with a soft smile “Of course, I miss you.  I’ll be home before you know it.”

 

“You better, I miss having you here.”

 

“Daddy?” Joonmyun’s ears perked up and he looked to see Jae Won standing in the doorway of his room, he had clearly just woken up.

 

“I have to go now, I love you and I’ll talk to you either tonight or tomorrow, okay?”

 

“Don’t work too hard, I love you.” And Joonmyun ended the call.

 

“What’s up bud?” Joonmyun turned to Jae Won.

 

Jae Won made his way towards Joonmyun and looked up at him “What are you doing so early daddy? Who were you talking to on the phone?” he asked curious.

 

“I’m doing some work and that was my special friend.” Joonmyun didn’t know what else to say, he was six, he didn’t understand anything like that.

 

“Oh, okay.” Jae Won nodded “Can I sit with you daddy?” Jae Won asked.

 

Joonmyun chuckled and nodded reaching to pick up Jae Won and sit him in his lap “Wanna play a game?”

 

“Yeah!”

 

“Shh!” Joonmyun laughed “You’re mommy and sister are still sleeping.”

 

Jae Won looked up at Joonmyun “Mommy and Riri are gone, they’re out at the fields with big brother.”

 

“What?”

 

“They left when you were out talking to the other uncle you came with.”

 

Joonmyun frowned “Oh.” He said

 

“Daddy, do you not like my mommy?”

 

Joonmyun chuckled and ruffled Jae Won’s hair “I like your mommy, don’t worry, I think it’s Reina that doesn’t like me.”

 

“Riri doesn’t like you,” Jae Won said bluntly “But she doesn’t really like anyone that isn’t mommy or big brother.”

 

“So it’s not just me then?”

 

“She doesn’t like you the most.” Jae Won nodded.

 

‘So blunt it actually hurts a little.’ Joonmyun said to himself before chuckling “You’re just like your mom sometimes.” He mumbled.

 

‘Wait, what?’ Joonmyun stopped what he was doing ‘How would I know something like that?’

 

 

Noon rolled around and Joonmyun was getting ready to go out and meet Jongdae for lunch, but Yixing and Reina hadn’t come home yet, and he sure as hell wasn’t going to leave Jae Won alone at home so he brought the little ball of energy with him.

 

Jae Won and Joonmyun walked hand in hand into town to the designated place of meeting that the two adults had agreed on, they talked and laughed like any father and son would.

 

“Daddy, we’re getting food with your uncle friend right?” Jae Won asked with a big smile.

 

“We are, are you hungry?”

 

“Yes!” Joonmyun laughed.

 

“Alright, then let’s hurry!” he said and the two started running, Jae Won beating Joonmyun to where Jongdae was already standing outside waiting for them.

 

They entered the restaurant and sat down at a table with Jae Won sitting with Joonmyun and Jongdae across from them.

 

Food was ordered and their drinks were brought to the table and Jae Won turned into quite the chatter box, making the older men laugh.

 

Jongdae found watching Joonmyun and Jae Won interact with each other very interesting, Joonmyun treated Jae Won like his son and Jae Won treated Joonmyun like his dad. Jongdae found it funny when he called Joonmyun daddy and Joonmyun became a little flustered sometimes by it, the kid was just so happy.

 

‘Jae Won looks a little like Joonmyun…’ Jongdae thought to himself as he watched the two talking and laughing. ‘Same eyes and even the same smile, I wonder what Joonmyun looked like as a kid?’

 

 

Kris walked with Reina on his shoulders and Yixing at his side through the fields as Yixing worked diligently weeding them and watering them with the help of his two helpers.

 

“Mommy, is JaeJae okay? He didn’t come with us.”

 

Yixing smiled and nodded “I told him to stay with Mr. Kim since he doesn’t like coming out to the fields with us, so he’s fine baby girl.”

 

Reina just smiled as she ruffled Kris’s hair making him laugh and ruffle hers back earning a giggle that made Yixing smiled as he watched them.

 

“Big bro, will you stay the night tonight, please? I want you to read me a story again!” Reina smiled.

 

Kris chuckled “I’d have to ask mommy if I can, but I can definitely read you a story tonight though.” He smiled.

 

“Mommy can big brother stay the night please?!!!” Reina pleaded.

 

Yixing stopped and turned to the two, Reina still on Kris’s shoulder’s, he was holding her little hands and they both had a pleading look on their faces, Yixing sighed with a smile “If you want him to baby then I don’t mind.”

 

“Yay! Thank you mommy!!!” Reina cheered and Kris smiled winking at Yixing as thanks.

 

Yixing just chuckled before turning back to finish his work before going to the store to pick up some things for his own garden back home. Reina and Kris helped, maybe not as much as Yixing would have liked them to, but he took what he could get. The two stuck to each other like glue all the way up until the three of them came home just after four in the afternoon, each carrying some bags.

 

“Mommy’s home~!” Jae Won shouted happily as he ran out of the house to greet his mom, sister, and big brother. Although he just ran straight to Yixing hugging his legs tightly.

 

“Did you have fun to day?” Yixing asked his son who beamed up at him.

 

“I had so much fun today! Daddy took me to get lunch with uncle Jong and then he took me with them to go walk around! He even bought me ice cream mommy!”

 

Yixing just chuckled lightly at his son’s enthusiasm for being around Joonmyun. ‘I suppose there really isn’t much I can do.’ He thought to himself.

 

Going inside and setting all the bags on the table, Kris and Reina got to work unbagging everything and putting it where it belonged while Yixing started dinner and Jae Won stayed in the living room where Joonmyun was working on his laptop with his little helper.

 

“Mommy, what’s for dinner?” Reina asked tugging on the hem of Yixing’s shirt.

 

Yixing looked down at her and smiled picking her up resting her on his hip “We’re having kimchi spaghetti, is that okay with you?” he asked.

 

Reina smiled and nodded “It’s my favorite, of course it’s okay!”

 

Yixing chuckled “Well good then, where did Kris go, do you know?”

 

Reina turned to look behind them before turning back to her mommy “I don’t see him, I only see the uncle I don’t like.” She said with a monotone voice.

 

Yixing pursed his lips to a thin line “Hm, I wonder where he could have gone then?”

 

“I don’t know, he didn’t say anything to me.”

 

“Me either.” Yixing mumbled.

 

“We can go look outside.”

 

“Let’s do that then.” Yixing nodded.

 

He made sure the spaghetti was set before going outside, once outside, neither him, nor Reina saw Kris. They both frowned. He was over six feet tall and at hiding. Where could he have gone?

 

“Hey Yixing,” Yixing turned with Reina still in his arms to Joonmyun who was standing in the porch doorway looking at him “If you’re looking for Kris, he took Jae out for a minute.”

 

“How do you know that?” Reina stared him down.

 

Joonmyun frowned “He said it before he went out, didn’t you guys hear him?”

 

“Why didn’t you tell us earlier then?” she asked.

 

“I didn’t notice you were looking until just now.”

 

“Hmph.” Reina mumbled before looking away from him “I still don’t like him.” She said to Yixing.

 

Joonmyun still heard it though and he frowned turning away and walking back inside. He slumped back onto the couch and threw his head back closing his eyes.

 

“WHY!” he screamed, tears rolling down his cheeks “Why didn’t you tell me! You had so many chances too!”

 

Joonmyun’s eyes shot open and he lurched forward, but the blurred images didn’t stop. He had no idea what he was seeing, someone was upset to the point of angry tears. It was the same boy he’s seen so many times before. He was crying, no, sobbing. Joonmyun closed his eyes and tried concentrating on the scene playing in his head. Paper. He made out a piece of paper being thrown to the floor before the upset boy turned and stormed out.

 

‘What is this? Are these memories? Or…?’ he was so confused, this has never happened before.

 

Joonmyun reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, calling a close friend of his who was also a doctor. Park Chanyeol.

 

It rang four times before the giant’s voice was heard “Hello, hyung?”

 

“Chanyeol, I need to ask you something.” Joonmyun breathed heavily.

 

“What’s wrong? Is it your head again?” Chanyeol asked worried, his deep voice concerned.

 

Joonmyun sighed “I keep seeing things. Like in my mind, they’re blurry images and scenes that just randomly pop into my head. Do you know what it is?”

 

Chanyeol stayed quiet for a minute “Maybe, but it’s just a hypothesis. It’s been what, six, seven years since you lost your memories? If what I’m thinking is even remotely close to what’s actually happening to you is completely coincidental, but I think it might be scenes or images that you’ve forgotten over time. Things you experienced, or maybe your mind has decided to let you know who you really are. I don’t know.”

 

Joonmyun bit his bottom lip before sighing “Is there anything you can do to be sure?”

 

“I can schedule you an appointment and I can take a look, but I have no idea if there’s anything I can even do.” Chanyeol answered honestly.

 

Joonmyun just nodded “Alright, I’m okay with that, we can do that, I leave Feng Kang in three days, but I can leave sooner if I need to as well.”

 

“Alright, well, I’ll call you in the morning and we can settle things then, I’m just getting home and I’m sure you’re getting ready to eat dinner, if you need anything, give me a call, okay?”

 

Joonmyun chuckled “I will, thanks Yeol, tell Baekhyun and the little missy hi for me.”

 

Chanyeol laughed “I will, good night hyung.”

 

“Good night.” He hung up and leaned back.

 

‘Well, I don’t think I’m dying, so that’s good.’ He said to himself ‘Just three more days here, you can make it. Then you can go back home, back to your old life.’

 

Oh how Joonmyun couldn’t wait to go back to his own life with his beautiful boyfriend and loving parents. He’d miss the twins and even Yixing, but this wasn’t his life.

 

Dinner was one of Joonmyun’s favorites, another something that caught him off guard. His picky mouth couldn’t get enough of Yixing’s kimchi spaghetti and Reina loved it just as much. He went to bed with a full stomach and woke up to an empty house with a note from Yixing saying they’d be out most of the day.

 

‘Well damn.’ He thought to himself looking around the house ‘What do I do now?’

 

There was knocking at the door that caught Joonmyun’s full attention and he walked over to go get it, it was Jongdae.

 

“House empty?”

 

Joonmyun nodded “Yep, I have no idea where they went.”

 

“You really got the short end of the stick here.” Jongdae frowned.

 

Joonmyun scoffed a laugh “Tell me about it.”

 

“Well, we’re almost done here, I promise, just stick it out a little longer, okay?” Joonmyun knew Jongdae was trying his best to comfort him, but there wasn’t much he could really do.

 

“I just want this all to be done and over with.” He said closing his eyes.

 

Something then showed in his mind that confused the out of him, something that he didn’t understand at all.

 

Kris sat there smiling and laughing with the male Joonmyun’s seen so many times in his head, but he still couldn’t figure out who it was. His heard ached and he wanted to cry, but there were people around, he turned and ran.

 

“Damnit, why?” he sobbed. “Why can’t it ing be me?”

 

“Why Xing?”

 

Jongdae’s eyes widened at the scene as well as the words he just heard.