Chap 9

Let's Go

Jongsuk ran by the small convenience store and down to the alley.
 

"They're still our friends. And-"
 

"Yah!" Jongsuk shouted. Hyunwoo looked up and Taekwoon turned around. Taekwoon smirked.
 

"Come here, brat. Why did you run yesterday? Huh?" Taekwoon asked. Jongsuk stepped forward and into the shadows.
 

"Did you start the fire?" Jongsuk asked straight up.
 

"What? Fire?" Taekwoon said as he stepped up to Jongsuk and sneered. "Why? Did you get blamed for it?" Jongsuk swallowed then cleared his throat.
 

"No."
 

"Then why-"
 

"Woobin." Jongsuk said. Taekwoon's eyes sparkled and he smirked. "Woobin did."

 

Taekwoon pinched his cheek.
 

"Aah. So cute. You want to clear his little name." Taekwoon said as he let go and pulled Jongsuk closer by the arm. "You're never going to be able to do that. No one trusts him." He pushed Jongsuk and pinned him against the wall.
 

"I trust him." Jongsuk said. Taekwoon scoffed and looked him dead in the eye.
 

"What did he tell you? That he's changed? That's he's a good boy now?"
 

"Did you start the fire-?" Taekwoon punched him in the gut.
 

"What if I did? What would a weakling like you do?" Taekwoon asked. Jongsuk glared up at him and clenched his fist.
 

"Yah. You mad now-!" Jongsuk punched his face, making him stumble to the side.

 

Taekwoon bent down and grabbed a metal rod.
 

.....

 

Hyunwoo ran to the school. He went straight to class 4.
 

"Nickhun!! Junhyung!! We've got trouble!"
 

They sprinted to their hang out alley and pulled Taekwoon back, Hyunwoo getting hit on the head by the bloody rod.
 

"Taekwoon! We have to go!!" Junhyung demanded as they pulled Taekwoon away.
 

Jongsuk coughed out blood and felt numb from the unbearable pain.
 

Why did this not happen before?
 

Jongsuk felt as if he would go unconscious any moment but he fought through it. He managed to sit up against the brick wall.

His head was bleeding and his back was bruised badly. He tried breathing in but every time he did, he felt a pang in his chest where he'd been hit. Then he felt a pang where his heart was.

He needed help the most now.
 

"W...Woobin." He called weakly and breathlessly.
 

"! , help!"
 

He lolled his head and tried keeping his consciousness.
 

"Help me!"


Then it struck.


"Woobin! Woobin, help! Help me!"


Jongsuk took in a sharp breath then let it out shakily.

He looked down at himself and clenched his teeth.

His eyes went teary and he bit his bottom lip.
 

"Woobin-ah. I'm sorry."
 

The first tear fell.
 

"Thank you."
 

He looked at his fist.
 

"For everything."
 

The second tear fell.
 

Then the third.
 

"How did my life change so fast?"
 

He swallowed metal.
 

"I did say I'd let you go. But I never got to say it to your face."
 

The fourth and fifth tear fell.
 

"Thank you."
 

The sixth tear fell.
 

"This time there's no more let's go, huh?"
 

The seventh-
 

"What are you saying?!!!!" Woobin yelled as he hurried to his side and checked his injuries. "What are you doing here?!! Why did you come by yourself!!!?" Woobin questioned, infuriated.

Jongsuk flashed a smile.
 

"Thank you, Woobin. For saving me from that fire years ago." Jongsuk thanked. Woobin froze and held his breath but quickly broke.
 

"Shut up! Let's go now!!" Woobin said as he squatted and turned his back to Jongsuk. "Get on!" Jongsuk tried to move his tired limbs.

Nothing.

"I-I can't."
 

"Aish!" Woobin leaned back and grabbed Jongsuk's thighs. He then heaved Jongsuk's light body on his back and ran for the hospital.
 

.....

 

Woobin waited in the waiting room and had his chin in his hands, leaving forward in his seat.
 

"He went to see Taekwoon by himself!"
 

Woobin couldn't stop uncontrollably worrying after Nickhun had run to him in alarm.
 

"He was trying to clear your name or something. We didn't even know about a fire."
 

Hyunwoo's words rang in his ears.
 

Why would he do something so reckless.
 

"Please don't kill Taekwoon. He's just lost right now."
 

Woobin was totally going to kick that punk's and Junhyung can't stop him.
 

"Thank you, Woobin. For saving me from that fire years ago."
 

Woobin couldn't feel happy or even relieved at the moment. He sighed and remembered the serious injuries. Jongsuk seemed to have been beaten everywhere by a blunt object.
 

"Don't die, Jongsuk."
 

"He'll be just fine." Woobin looked up and saw a doctor.
 

"He says he'll see you now." The doctor said. Woobin nodded and bowed before rushing to the hospital room.
 

 

"Yah! You ing moron! What the hell-"
 

"Hey, Woobin." Jongsuk greeted warmly, smiling.

 

Woobin groaned in frustration and made claws with his fingers. He went up to Jongsuk and ruffled his hair up.
 

"This Punk." Woobin said. Jongsuk slapped his hand and massaged his head. "Do you remember that day now?"
 

"I don't remember days. I remember moments." Jongsuk stated. Woobin adjusted his jaw.
 

"Do you remember that moment now?" Woobin asked again. Jongsuk held a slight smile and nodded.
 

"Yeah. Thanks again. And..." Jongsuk looked down at Woobin's fist. "I'm sorry for not remembering you earlier."

Woobin nodded.
 

"It's-"
 

"But seriously?" Jongsuk said.

 

Woobin blinked blankly.
 

"What?"
 

"You rotted from being forgotten?" Jongsuk said. Woobin sighed and nudged Jongsuk on the forehead.
 

"Yah! That hurts!" Jongsuk complained. Woobin scoffed.
 

"Not as much as my punches."
 

"Why you-" Jongsuk raised his hand just as the door opened.
 

Jongup stood at the doorway.
 

"I'm sorry."