Ten: 1

Earned It

 

Ever since last night, Jongin's been really  distant towards Baekhyun—too much even for his own liking and he never wished for things to be this way.

He's an idiot; one hundred percent, positively completely moronic for being so cold. He sees the pain in Baekhyun's eyes because it's unbelievably evident; it's just like having a beautiful scenery before you and when you raise your head to look at the sky expecting a myriad of stars, what you get is plain, pitch darkness without a single twinkling star.

Jongin feels empty. He sees the hurt in Baekhyun's eyes whenever he so much as glances at Jongin but the latter overlooks it each time like he never saw a thing because he's too selfish. All too selfish.

And he's dying on the inside. Because of this, Baekhyun's been distancing himself from Jongin and he really understands why, albeit it's the last thing he wishes would happen. He wants to hold Baekhyun again and talk about stupid things, but the entire time he'd spent getting suited up with Baekhyun has been nothing but silent with a lot of avoidance. It's painful, torturous, intolerable.

"Right, bye Jongdae. See you later."

Jongin eyes Baekhyun from the reflection in the mirror, and he sees his boyfriend tucking his phone into the back of his pocket but not long before he raises his head and Jongin sees the entire process of Baekhyun looking at him with the same bright eyes, only to look away again when the same pained look flashes in them.

Baekhyun finally says, "He paid for your suit in advance."

"Okay," Jongin purses his lips in. Should he say more? When Baekhyun makes a move to leave, Jongin stops him again. "Hyung."

He looks up again, but quickly away again and Jongin's honestly had it. "I love you. And I'm really sorry. I've been really conceited after last night and I shouldn't be. I'm sorry."

Baekhyun turns to Jongin, lifting his brows on the way and he sends a smile at Jongin’s way. It's the type of smile that has Jongin melting on the inside, and the very next second experience fireworks going off in his body. He doesn't compose himself quickly enough before Baekhyun leaps into his arms and Jongin hasn't felt 17 again.

"It's not your fault, it's mine," Baekhyun mutters into Jongin's shoulder. "I'm sorry, too."

Arms cautiously go around Baekhyun's petite frame in the beginning but Jongin tightens and squeezes him once, before lowering his face to peck his cheek. Even though it's only been a few hours, Jongin's honestly missed this. All of this.

Baekhyun.

"So what time's the car reaching?" The mentioned man questions, pulling back a little to look at Jongin. "Maybe we should go individually. I'll drive there."

"You know the world knows we're basically dating, right?"

Baekhyun leans a little more into Jongin's body and nods. He inhales deeply and releases a sigh, closing his eyes right afterwards for a second and Jongin couldn't resist kissing him once more.

"I want to officialize our relationship tonight," Jongin pauses, gazing at Baekhyun to search for any sign of objection which doesn't appear. "May I?"

Pink lips stretching into a smile, Baekhyun detaches his arms off Jongin's body only to move them up and around his neck. He nods.

"I just don't want you regretting doing this. It is one of your big nights."