A Familiar Face

Mending the Heart ( APink Naeun fanfic)

Sebastian's POV:

I crashed into the girl, and as we hit the ground, she landed on top of me with a scream. That was understandable of course, it wasn't every day a super cute dude swept you off your feet. Literally.

Who am I kidding, I digress. Apologies.

She turned, surveying the car in close proximity that had skidded to a halt, and suddenly shaped into a gasp. She quickly stood up and exclaimed " Oh my goodness!  Are you ok? Do you need to go to hospital?"

I tried to sit up, but my body ached like never before, so I just lay back down. 

"Ugghhhh...I'm fine. Though you might want to pay attention to the stuff around you."

Her expression quickly changed to one of extreme gratitude. " I'm so sorry that I had to put you in this situation. Please forgive me and accept my most sincere apologies." She looked down, presumably in shame. At least she was respectful.

When she raised her head again, I finally got a chance to take a look at the person I'd just saved.

Damnnnnnnnnn she's fine!

Control Sebastian. Right. But she was very pretty, with a girly, innocent face and a feminine body. She also had long straight hair that fell to down past her shoulders. 

Strange, she looked so familiar too.

"Um, Excuse me? Mr?"

It took me a moment to realize I was staring quite profoundly at her. 

" What? I mean, Yes?" I said, stuttering my words at a rapid fire pace.

Way to go with being smooth in front of the ladies Seb. 

" Is there anyway I can repay you for your kindness and selflessness?"

Hmmmmmm. What should I ask for?

" It's ok, I don't really need anything."

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's fine. It's getting late anyway, would you like me to walk you home?" What's wrong with you Seb? Are you outta your mind?

She smiled sweetly, and replied "Thank you for offering, but I live very near here, so there's really no need."

Oh well, Seb, did you really think she would say yes? Pretty girls like her ain't got no time for guys like you. 

"Oh ok sure, Goodnight then."

And with that we went our separate ways. However, as I walked back to retrieve my groceries, I could not help but frantically try to recall where I had seen her before.

Goddamnit Sebastian, you didn't even ask her name!

I went to sleep that night with that same thought plaguing my head.

 

The next day, I woke up with an air of apprehension. Today marked the start of my new year in Dongguk University, and I was very nervous. And it wasn't just because I only spoke broken korean. I just wasn't sure what to expect when studying in a foreign country. 

As I ate breakfast, the news was playing. Now normally, I would just wait for the sports news to start rolling, but just as I began to pay attention, the news reporter spoke.

 

"Yesterday night...Son Naeun of Apink fame... saved by unknown male.."

I spit out my water, but I was too incredulous to care. How did I not easily recognize someone from one of my favourite groups? Was that why she was surprised when I didn't ask for anything after I saved her?

My train of thought was interrupted by the TV blaring once again.

" The Dongguk University student was unhurt.."

Holy ! I nearly dropped my glass in shock. She was attending the same uni as me! 

Ok Sebastian, calm your inner fanboy. You're almost late for school.

Taking a deep breath, I grabbed my bag and left my appartment , not quite believing what I had just heard.

After some time

As I approached Dongguk University, I tried to imagine the chances that I would meet Naeun again in the campus. Would she even recognize me? "Of course not", I thought to myself, " she won't remember some random guy on the street who she met for like 5 mins. Get back to reality man."

I was jolted from my thoughts as I heard a large rabble going on inside the entrance of the campus. Strangely enough, the crowd seemed to be predominantly male, so I assumed there was something which hormonal adolescents found interesting present. I shook my head and walked towards the admissions office. I hated crowds, they gave me no private space.

Naeun's POV:

Talk about enjoying the limelight.

The minute, heck no, the second, I step inside the campus, I get swarmed already. My entertainment company, A-Cube, told me to just keep my head down and walk, but how could I turn down my fans? Especially since some of them are really cute, I thought, blushing invisibly. 

As I obliged my fan's selca requests and autographed their memorabilia, someone caught my eye from a distance. I tried to identify the person, but all I saw was his clothes. Suddenly, he turned his head towards me, presumably to find out what the commotion was about, and I was stunned!

It was the same guy that saved me yesterday! Shoot, I didn't ask his name! I tried calling out to him, but he did not hear me and continued on his way. Disappointment filled me as continued obliging fan requests, but I vowed to find him and thank him properly. Never mind the fact he could be studyin g in the opposite side of the campus, I would thank that guy properly. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, what's hanging. 

I suppose you could say I was a bit too eager to post the second part given when I posted the first one, cos well, I don't want my story to be so bare with like one chapter.

Sorry for Naeun's really short POV, I didn't wanna mess up with the flow of the story so I had to keep it brief; also, I was racked for things to write, soz :(

Thanks for reading my first attempt at a fan fic, means a lot to me :)

As always, comments and feedback are always appreciated :)

WIll post the next update soon :)

Peace out.