The unExpected Truth

Mending the Heart ( APink Naeun fanfic)

 

Sebastians’s POV: 

Why am I in home econs again?

I’m studying theatre studies for crying out loud, how did I get put into this class?

Shouldn’t girls be taking this crap?

I apologize for my ist remarks. I just feel like I’m wasting my time here.

Argghh, never mind. No point crying over spilt milk.

I entered the class, found where I was supposed to sit, and tried to think positive.

This class was only 1hour. But 1 hour

But 1 hour was so long! It was longer than some regular lessons.

This “positive” thing was gonna be hard.

At least let me have a cute seatmate, I thought to myself.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of waiting, the teacher entered the class, briefly introduced the class to us, and promptly dived straight into the lesson. It was only like 5 minutes after class had started that I noticed a guy sitting next to me.

I had seen him in my regular “form” class, but I didn’t know his name. He was quite short in stature, kept to himself throughout our previous classes, and seemed very shy.

Disappointed that my seatmate wasn’t a gorgeous brunette, I went back to focusing on the teacher.

It wasn’t until the practical task, which involved cooking a rack of lamb, which by the way, was completely unfair considering it was my first time taking this class, that I had to interact with the guy.

I began with a safe approach. “Hi.”

He didn’t look up as he returned my salutation.

Good start. How are we ever going to get along the rest of the year?

 

20 Minutes later:

 

I haven’t a clue where to start for the dish. I mean, I don’t even cook an egg.

I looked over to my partner, who was in the process of arranging his roast potatoes around his sumptuous lamb. And we still had an hour left to complete the task.

Show-off.

But eventually I was going to have to ask him for help.

“ Sillyeihamnidah, but could you help me start my dish?”

He looked at me with a mixed look of amusement and amazement. Finally, he sighed and shifted his chair over to my workbench.

I pretty much did nothing, apart from give him all the ingredients he needed.

After another 30 minutes, my rack of lamb actually looked edible.

“Wow man, looks great. You’re a beast at cooking.”

He acknowledged the compliment with a nod and returned to his bench.

Was he ever going to open up?

At the end of the lesson, when he presented his dish to the teacher, she looked indifferent to the masterpiece he had created. It was gonna be tough sitting in his shadow.

As I headed out of the classroom after staying back to talk to the teacher about how I could catch up for one missed year, I walked down the corridor to leave via the front gate, only to hear voices coming from the classroom next door. Now normally, I would pay no attention and just continue walking, but since everyone else in the building had gone home already, it was highly unlikely that anyone would stay back in class for any reason.

So I flattened myself against the wall next to the door, and listened in to what was going on.

“Did you really believe you could avoid us? Pathetic.”

At this, I drew back in surprise and fear. I didn’t need to look at what was going on inside to know that someone was getting bullied.

The question was, should I help?

Just as I was about to barge in and make a stand, I heard other voices.

“ The high and mighty cooking legend brought to the ground yet again.”

“Sure, you don’t have to do our assignmets for us. We just get to make your life miserable.”

Ok, so maybe barging in wasn’t the greatest of plans. I frantically tried to come up with a plan on the spot, but after an intense hour of cooking, I wasn’t quite up to it.

! Footsteps were approaching the door! With speed I didn’t know I possessed, I leapt to the toilets opposite the classroom just the “bullies” came out.

“Hmph. He wasn’t worth our time or effort.” One voice said, presumably the leader. “Let’s go.” Footsteps receded into the distance as the corridor became quiet again.

Without hesitation, I dashed out of the toilet and ran into the classroom, to find, lo and behold, my home econs seatmate on the floor, looking down at his school bag strewn on the floor, with notes all over the place. I immediately bent down and started picking up and putting his notes together. Once I had finished, I handed them to him with a smile.

He looked very grateful for the help. “Thank you so much,” he said, looking at me right in the eye.

“No problem.” I smiled back. “I’m Sebastian.”

He offered a hand. “ Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo’s POV:

“Kyungsoo.” I stuck out my hand in greeting.

Sebastian smiled and shook it.

Listen, Sebastian, I’m sorry if I was unfriendly and cold during lesson, I was anticipating this..” indicating the events that had just passed.

“It’s ok man, I’ve been through things like this before.” Sebastian said grimly. “Um, I’m really embarrassed to admit this, but I don’t know how to get home. I’m a new student here, so could you, um tell me..”

I almost cracked up. “ Of course, I’ll go home with you. Where do you live?”

Oh! He lived near Inkigayo! Wait, should I tell him? Hmm.

“Hello? Kyungsoo, was it?”

“Hmm? Oh sorry, let’s go.”

We got up and walked towards the gate, out of the building, while talking mainly talking about Sebastian’s life. I didn’t want to reveal my identity just yet, but I was surprised he didn’t recognize me. That was one of the real reasons why I didn’t engage him during lesson, for fear of constant bugging throughout my favourite class. 

I laughed when Sebastian mentioned how boring lessons here were, because I had to agree. I glanced away while laughing, and saw Naeun walking in our direction. I couldn’t suppress the thought of Sebastian meeting fanboying over a pretty K-pop idol in front of me, when I introduced her to him.

“Hi Naeun.” I waved.

“ Hello D.O” Aaand she gave my cover away. Or hopefully not.

“Hi Sebastian. How was home economics?”

“It was difficult, because I don’t know how to cook.” Sebastian chuckled.

Ok, this was weird. How did a new guy get to know one of the most popular girls in school in like 2 days? So, I asked.

“Um, you two know each other?’ I cautiously asked both Naeun and Sebastian.

“Yeah, we sit next to each other in class.” Naeun smiled. Lucky fella.

“ So, D.O, how are promotions coming along?” My expression froze.

“Promotions? What promotions? Wait, unless…” Sebastian gave me a suspicious look.

“You mean you haven’t told him yet?” Naeun said, clearly amazed.

All this while I had been trying to interject to say something in my defence along the lines of “ I just met him” or “ for my image’s sake.”

“ uh..uh..uh” I mumbled instead.

Naeun turned to Sebastian, her expression bordering anger already. All hope of keeping my identity safe went out of the window.

“Sebastian, your new friend here is a member of the up and coming K-pop group EXO. They just started promotions on their new song “Overdose.” At this, I just sighed heavily.

Sebastian looked very surprised. “What? No way! I follow EXO, but I don’t recall anyone’s name being Kyungsoo! The only possible reason he’s in EXO is because he looks like..” and piecing two and two together, muttered, “D.O.”

Naeun clapped her hands like an evil genius. “Yay! He figured it out!” I just shook my head in defeat.

“ I’m sorry Sebastian, there were a lot of factors of trying to keep my identity secret. I hope you’ll-“

Before I could finish, Sebastian cut in. “ No worries man, I understand fully, although I hope we can still be friend?”

The question sounded more like a demand.

“ Of course. Sorry again.” I weakly smiled.

Naeun clapped her hands once more. “Great! You two are now friends!” Turning to me, she said “ D.O, I was gonna bring Sebastian back, but I’ve got more rehearsals to attend, do you mind?”

“ Yeah, I was going to actually.”

“Cool, I’ll see you two tomorrow! Bye!” She skipped off into the distance.

 

Well that was awkward. I hope things wouldn’t turn weird with Sebastian now that he knew who I was.

What am I talking about, I barely know the guy, and I agreed to be friends.

Oh well, he seems like a nice guy.

 

As we started walking back to Sebastian’s home, he constantly asked me the usual questions about being a K-pop idol and what life was like.

“ So, D.O, do you often get bugged by people in school for autographs or pictures?’

I laughed at his question. “ Sometimes, but I have to refuse a lot, cos otherwise I get teased and bullied by guys who are jealous, I think.”

“ How do you juggle school and your group activities and promotions?”

“The university allows me to miss some days when I have concerts the same day, row when I have TV shows or the sort to attend.”

“ What is your role in EXO?”

Was this guy ever going to stop? He was starting to get on my nerves.

“ I’m one of the main vocalists there.” I closed my eyes, silently hoping he would finish his interrogation.

It seemed that there was a celestial being up there, because Sebastian seemed satisfied and stopped asking questions. He turned to me and sheepishly said,

“Thank you Kyungsoo for putting up with my endless questions, it’s just that I never thought I would meet famous people in Korea within my first two days in school. It’s all a bit overwhelming.”

He seemed so genuine, and a bit afraid as well, for some reason. I put an arm around his shoulder.

“ No problem Seb, I’m here to help you with any problems you have. In fact, I should be thanking you for helping me earlier, no other guys would have even bothered doing that.”

I saw him manage a small smile at this as we reached his apartment building. “Thanks a bunch for bringing me home D.O, I think I have a grasp on how to get home from now on.”

“ No problem man, I’ll see you tomorrow in class.” I gave him a nod as I quickly hurried off to the SM building for rehearsals.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys, thanks for reading.

 

D.O! Yay!

Sorry. But yeah, I had to introduce D.O in the story cos firstly, he might be a side character in the story, and secondly, he’s my bias in EXO. Yes, I’m a guy as well ( don’t judge lol). His voice is the real deal, and he seems cool in TV shows, at least from the ones I’ve watched.

 

Ok. Fanboy mode over.

Naeun’s POV next chapter! Looking forward to writing that for you guys. 

If ya like what ya see, please vote :) really means a lot to me and my ego haha.

Again, thanks for reading, comments and feedback are always appreciated, and peace!

 

E.T.