Intro

Mending the Heart ( APink Naeun fanfic)

 

 

Sup guys, this is the first ever fanfiction I have ever written with regards to Kpop, and indeed the first on this account, so would really appreciate you guys taking the time to bear with me and reading my story. I feel like the opening chapter is a bit draggy already, so would really like your comments and feedback as to how I can improve. Would like to know whether you want me to dive straight into the action, so to speak, or to describe everything in detail.

Thanks a bunch!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was it.

A new land, a new culture, and new beginnings. 

 

Seoul, South Korea. The place where the next 4-5 years of Sebastian Lee's life was to be spent, and  he was determined to make use of it. To say his past 19 years of existence had been detrimental to his ongoing identity crisis was an understatement, to say the least. At least according to him. 

 

Earlier, he had arrived on board Flight SQ318, from Singapore, on a one way ticket from his troubles and worries. Why was he here? To do what most 19 year olds do: study endlessly till the horrors of the workforce are imminent. In other words, he was here to further his interests in Theatre Studies, hoping it might lead him to a potential career prospect.

 

However, besides the prestige of the university he was about to attend, another reason he wanted to attend university in Korea was, well, the culture. He often liked to joke by saying that he would be lying if he said he had not been intrigued with the K-Wave that had swept the world so effortlessly on such a great magnitude. In particular, he could not help but direct his attention towards K-Pop, which had captivated him in Singapore previously. In a way, it had become his refuge from a society that consistently refused to accept him.

 

If you could not already tell, he was quite the pessimist. Maybe that had to do with his personality, or his past...

 Sebastian shook his head furiously. He had promised himself that he would think of his past as little as possible from now on.

The only thing on his mind was food.

Sebastian's POV:

 

I was wholeheartedly focused on stocking up on supplies for the next month. After all, living alone meant there was no one to rely on for anything. 

I stepped out of my apartment block and savoured the cool, fresh air washing over me. It was only a short walk to the supermarket, and boy, was it filled with all kinds of exotic and new variations of ingredients. I picked up a lot of junk food and instant noodles, and walked out feeling very content with myself. 

As I trudged home, completely shacked from a long day of travelling, I glanced up to see a girl hurrying across the street right in front of me. However, looking up again and taking a longer look, I realised, to my horror, a car was racing down the same road she was about to cross. 

"Oh !"

 

Dropping my shopping bags, I cursed and sprinted as fast as my legs could carry me to where she was. I tried calling out to her, but it seemed she couldn't hear me. Or was my Korean pronunciation that bad?

I saw the car not far away now, and it looked like either I couldn't save her, or I would end up as roadkill, on my first day in Korea.

Promising start.

As I hurled myself at her to push her out of the way, my life flashed before my eyes. "Surely I won't go like this?" I thought to myself. 

I closed my eyes and braced for a hard impact.

It never came. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this is an  interesting experience. 

If your reading this, it probably means ( hopefully) that you've read the first chapter. For that, I offer my heartfelt thanks.

I'm really quite new to this whole fan fic concept, and as such I feel like I'm kinda writing this as to how I would write a formal essay, so I would again, really really appreciate feedback and comments as to how I can improve on my writing. After all, this is for you guys. 

Imma probably post the next chapter soon, will defo be longer, cos this is really just an introductory phase. 

Once again, thanks so much for reading, despite the length of the opening chapter! :)