Chapter 7

Obsessed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Singer and Actor Zhou Mi Sent to the Hospital Due to Stomach Virus

“Is that what they’re calling it?” Henry asked in disbelief as he read the headline of an internet article surrounding Zhou Mi’s recent hospitalization. A person like Zhou Mi couldn’t have an ambulance called for him without causing some type of alarm. News spread quickly of Zhou Mi’s rush to the hospital, and fans were immediately demanding answers.

“In order to to not cause panic, yes,” Zhou Mi answered. “Me being attacked by a stomach virus sounds so much better than me being poisoned by a stalker who’s obsessed with Qian.”

“Point taken,” Henry replied as he put his phone down. “Anyway, I’m glad you’re okay.”

Zhou Mi shrugged. “I feel like he let me off easy, right?”

Henry tensed a little, hoping the older man didn’t notice his discomfort. “I don’t wanna think about that. We were really freaked out.”

“Sorry,” Zhou Mi apologized. “I just can’t believe he was there...or...so close…again...” he trailed off. “How do I keep missing this guy?”

Henry scoffed. “The only thing this means is that this guy is really good,” he said.

“So...How is she?” Zhou Mi asked.

Henry shook his head. “Well she still blames herself,” he responded, noticing Zhou Mi’s facial expression drop. Victoria hadn’t said much to Zhou Mi, or anyone else, after he was poisoned.

“I should go talk to her,” Zhou Mi said, slowly standing up.

“Mi ge, wait,” Henry said, causing the older one to freeze. “Before you talk to her, I have to tell you something.” Zhou Mi gave Henry a confused look, urging him to continue. “I spoke to Amber last night and...it seems like you and Qian have a lot to discuss.”

“Like...what?”

“That’’s not my place to say,” Henry said as he shook his head. “But...She’s under a lot of stress right now, and I think her talking to you will help her feel a little better.”

Zhou Mi nodded. He wasn’t sure where Henry was going with this conversation, but he knew it was important. Henry didn’t view Victoria too kindly after the break-up, so to hear the younger one talking like this really alarmed Zhou Mi.

He slowly made his way upstairs.

He knocked on the guest room door, hearing a low “come in” before opening the door.

Victoria and Amber were together, casusally sitting on the bed. Zhou Mi could tell he was interrupting something, and half of him wanted to leave and let them continue.

Amber stood up. “I’ll...let you two talk,” she said, taking her leave quickly before Victoria could stop her.

Zhou Mi sighed as he took Amber’s spot in the bed. “Can we talk?” he asked after said girl closed the door behind her.

“There’s not really much to talk about,” Victoria said.

“Really?” Zhou Mi challenged. “Because I can think of a few things. How about the fact that none of this was your fault? Or the fact that no one is mad at you because of this? Or...the fact that I’m okay? Or maybe-”

“Stop,” Victoria said suddenly. “Just stop.”

“Why?” Zhou Mi asked. “Everything I said is true, and I just want to make sure you know that.”

Victoria shook his head. “He came after you and you weren’t anywhere near me,” she reminded him. “He came after you and everybody still brought me back to your condo.”

“We’re under protective custody here, remember?” Zhou Mi said. He sighed. “If anything, I was the one that left protective custody to meet with Yiru so if anything this last incident was my fault.”

“No it’s not!” Victoria argued. “How could any of it have been your fault?”

Zhou Mi scoffed. “So you’re saying it’s your fault that some creep is attracted to you?” he asked. “In case you’ve forgotten, it’s really hard for anyone to not be attracted to you.”

Victoria’s gaze shifted to her lap as she bit her lip at Zhou Mi’s comment.

“Sorry,” Zhou Mi said, noticing her discomfort. He scratched the back of his head. “What I’m saying is you can’t help it if people like you, Qian,” he said. “It’s unfortunate that you attracted the likes of this guy...but it’s not your fault. None of this is.”

“He’s threatening everyone around me,” Victoria muttered.

“But again, that’s not your fault,” Zhou Mi said. “And we’re not mad at you.”

Victoria sighed. “I just want all of this to be over.”

“If anything, you’ve been the one suffering the most,” Zhou Mi pointed out.

“Zhou Mi, you got sent to the hospital.”

“Yeah. And I can handle a few hours of gastric distress,” Zhou Mi said. “You’ve gone through years of mental torment. I’ll take having to chug down charcoal any day compared to what you’ve gone through.”

“I wouldn’t want that to happen to you,” Victoria said.

Zhou Mi nodded. “I know,” he said. “I’m still so sorry I couldn’t protect you when we were dating.”

“I already told you,” Victoria said. “I made sure you didn’t find out abou

Please log in to read the full chapter