Chapter 3

Obsessed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Zhou Mi had been ready to go public about their relationship.

Well, he had been ready to go public the moment he finally worked up the nerve to ask Victoria out on a date, but common sense made him see that doing something hasty like that couldn't be good. Looking back, he was glad that his relationship had been kept private for so long. They never had to worry about paparazzi or angry fans.

It was hard keeping their relationship secret for three years, especially when they wanted to go out to eat, to watch a movie, or do anything else that required leaving the comforts of their own homes, but they did it. It was Zhou Mi who decided that there was no use hiding their relationship anymore and, with Victoria's hesitant permission, made a plan to announce their relationship.

Zhou Mi was excited, and couldn't wait for the day he could finally tell the world that he and Victoria were together.

Strangely, as time came closer and closer to the big announcement, Victoria became more distant.

Zhou Mi's mind was constantly racing, wondering if he had done something to offend Victoria. He finally guessed that she was just nervous about what would happen once everyone knew that they had been together for so long.

Zhou Mi took it upon himself to do everything he could to ease her nerves.

The more he tried to convince Victoria that everything would be okay, the worse she became.

"I think it's time we break up."

Those seven words; when separate mean absolutely nothing...

...But hearing those words stringed together in the same sentence made Zhou Mi's world crash in only a matter of a few seconds.

At first he tried everything to make her change her mind. If the announcement of their relationship was making her nervous, he'd cancel it. If there was something he messed up on, he promised he would do whatever he could to fix it. He'd do whatever he needed in order to make the relationship work, whatever it was exactly that was so bad, he wasn't sure, but he'd find a way to make it better. At that moment, he really didn't care if he sounded pathetic.

But apparently, Zhou Mi's constant reassurances that he could make everything better ended up making everything worse, because the next thing he knew, Victoria finally snapped at him, telling him how much she didn't love him anymore and how she never wanted to see him again.

And that was the last they had seen of each other.

Well...that was the last time they had seen each other until Victoria was suddenly cast in the movie Zhou Mi was starring in.

He figured that filming that movie together was pure torture for Victoria, and he was sure that once this was all over, she would have had enough with Zhou Mi's presence and the two of them would have gone their separate ways, back to being distant strangers.

That's why he wasn't surprised when he had gotten a text from his manager, telling him that the variety show Zhou Mi and Victoria were supposed to appear in together would turn into a one man show.

Victoria had to cancel last minute.

Zhou Mi resisted the urge to cringe at how unprofessional Victoria was being at the moment.

He scoffed, his phone still in his hand as he once again read the text that his manager had sent him.

"I guess you're right, Qian," Zhou Mi muttered. "I'll never understand you."

Thirteen hours.

She spent thirteen hours of her life cramped up in a plane in between two people that snored half of the time, and a crying baby sitting behind her. She wasn't sure how it was possible for a baby to cry for thirteen hours straight without it getting tired or dying, but that baby sure found a way.

By the time she had gotten off the plane, she was one step closer to committing murder.

After a ride like that, one would probably question a person's sanity for flying from California all the way to China for this sole purpose.

But hey, she was due for another trip to China anyway.

Holding her bags tightly, she squirmed her way through the crowded airport, glaring at a few people who had accidentally bumped into her.

"Hey Amber!"

Amber nearly snapped the arm of the person who grabbed her from behind, and if her senses hadn't returned fast enough, she was sure that Henry would have been on the ground right now, writhing in pain.

Amber released a breath. Despite how grumpy she had been, she still couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face. "Hey," she said.

"Hey," Henry replied with a smile. He grabbed Amber's duffel bag, ignoring Amber's protests as he slung the strap onto his shoulder.

"Thanks," Amber finally asked.

"Long flight?" Henry asked as they started walking.

Amber shook her head. "Let's not revisit that nightmare, please."

Victoria had to be dragged here. She wasn't exactly kicking and screaming as she was brought here, but she would have probably resorted to that if she had the energy.

She always hated going to the doctor's office.

She always had the tendency to never tell her doctor what was wrong with her. She always downplayed her symptoms, hoping that she could get out as quickly as possible. This resulted in her manager always having to accompany her. He'd be there to list her symptoms to the doctor, asks questions, and also make sure Victoria remembered to pick up her medicines if necessary. It made Victoria feel like a six year old child.

Her manager practically jumped once the doctor returned into the room. "Doctor, did you find what was wrong with her?"

"Dong Cheng," Victoria muttered, gently grabbing his arm. "Calm down. Please."

"How can I keep calm?" her manager replied. "I found you passed out on your kitchen floor this morning."

Victoria sighed as her doctor looked at his clipboard, reading Victoria's test results. "Looks like you have a case of iron deficiency anemia," he announced, hoping to the diffuse the argument that seemed to be brewing. "Thankfully, it's nothing too serious. A few adjustments in your diet along with some supplements should help."

Victoria heard Dong Cheng release a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, Doctor," Dong Cheng said. "I'll make sure she takes better care of herself from now on." He turned to her. "I'll can take you back home now if you're ready."

Victoria nodded, slowly standing up. She silently thanked her doctor before following her manager into the hallway. The two of them were silent for the most part. Victoria finally started to speak once they two of them entered the car. "Thanks."

Dong Cheng shook his head. "It's not a problem. You know that," he replied. "Just make s

Please log in to read the full chapter