Chapter 4

Obsessed
Please log in to read the full chapter

Henry's panicked voice over the phone finally made sense once Zhou Mi quickly drove to Victoria's house.

Victoria's bedroom was in a terrible condition; her lamp thrown onto the ground, most of her clothes scattered across the room, the screen of her open laptop was completely cracked, the pictures she once put on display were ripped to shreds. Almost everything in the room was either displaced or terribly damaged.

Everything except Victoria's mirror, and that's only because the psycho needed something to leave his message on.

I miss you

Zhou Mi read the message in confusion. The message was only three words. In normal circumstances, someone telling a another person "I miss you" would have been cute in Zhou Mi's eyes. This wasn't one of those circumstances, and it made him shudder a little bit.

Zhou Mi swallowed the lump in his throat as he looked around the room, sighing as he realized how close Victoria was again to being hurt by this man. He tried not to think about that, and he tried to ignore the message on the mirror, but he wasn't very successful at the attempt.

He walked around the room, kneeling on the ground to where all of Victoria's pictures were discarded. He knew that he probably shouldn't have been touching anything, but he couldn't help himself. Zhou Mi started looking through the torn pieces, putting some of the pictures together. The first one was a picture of Victoria with her parents, and looking at this picture made Zhou Mi wonder if the Songs knew anything about what Victoria had been going through right now.

His guess was that they didn't, since Victoria seemed to have tried to ignore this stalker for so long before it finally blew up in her face.

Zhou Mi continued repairing some of her shredded pictures before finding one that made him freeze.

It was a picture of him and Victoria. It was six months after they had started dating. Zhou Mi remembered this picture very well. It was taken when the two of them took a trip to Wuhan, so Zhou Mi could introduce Victoria to his parents.

He looked at the picture in confusion. Why does she even still have this?

Henry slowly walked up behind him.

Though engrossed in his thoughts, Zhou Mi still heard the soft footsteps entering the room. "We have to get Qian out of here," he said quietly, already knowing who was behind him.

"Yeah," Henry said in agreement, pretending not to notice the picture Zhou Mi was staring at. He sighed. "She wasn't here when this happened," he pointed out, although he was sure that Zhou Mi already knew that much.

"Why was she in the hospital?" Zhou Mi asked. "Did anyone say anything to you?"

"No," Henry answered. "And Qian didn't want Amber and me asking about it either."

Zhou Mi sighed. "Her going to the hospital was why she didn't show up to recording today," he said, a humorless laugh escaping his lips. "And here I was thinking she was avoiding me."

Henry bit his lip. He knew what Zhou Mi was thinking; he felt guilty for whatever bad thing he had originally assumed about Victoria today.

Zhou Mi looked around the room one last time. "Come on," he suddenly said, walking out the room.

Henry quickly followed, and found himself once again in Victoria's living room.

Nothing in the living room had changed much since the time Zhou Mi had first arrived. Victoria was on the couch and, besides the occasional word or two, still wasn't really talking to anyone. No one could blame Victoria for her behavior. Her home, the only place she thought she would be safe, was broken into by a faceless person she had begun to fear more than anything. She felt safe here, and it felt like it was the only place where someone didn't have their eyes on her. It made sense that she was so shocked and confused now. It almost seemed like nowhere was safe anymore.

Dong Cheng was constantly checking his phone; no one was really sure why. Zhou Mi wanted nothing more than to tell the older man to stop checking his phone; when a call came in, it would ring. But Zhou Mi once again understood that Dong Cheng was just anxious, and he felt helpless.

He wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Zhou Mi sighed. Despite the fact that he was still as broken up as everyone else in the room, he had to do something. He got closer to Victoria, bending down so that the two of them could stare at each other face to face. "Qian," he said gently, surprised when she responded with a slight turn of the head. Zhou Mi brought his hand to her face, wiping a tear away with his thumb. "You're going to be alright," he began. "No matter what happens, this man can't hurt you. I-we won't let that happen, okay? I promise."

"Qian needs to go to the police about this," Dong Cheng said suddenly. "We can't let this go on much longer."

Zhou Mi nodded in agreement.

"He's right," Amber said, looking towards Victoria. "Let's just end this once and for all."

"You guys don't think I've tried going to the police before?" Victoria asked, causing everyone in the room to look at her in surprise. "They laughed at me. They laughed at me and said that I was a celebrity. They said I didn't have a stalker; just an overzealous fan who's way over his head." She paused, scoffing as she continued to stare into the distance. "They said he'd stop eventually. The police won't help."

"They'll help," Dong Cheng said immediately. "We're not leaving the police station until you get the help you need."

"We'll all go," Henry said, this time earning a surprised look from Zhou Mi.

Victoria shook her head. "That's not necessary," she quickly replied.

"Hey," Zhou Mi said. "Last time you went to the police by yourself, they ignored you. They can't ignore you when you have four angry people behind you as well." He smiled, hoping that would calm her nerves a little. "Let's go, okay? Just trust us."

Zhou Mi was right about one thing. Five people barging into the police station wasn't an easy thing to ignore, especially when two of them were some of China's biggest stars.

 

A female detective at her desk jumped at the sight of Zhou Mi, Victoria, and three other people with them that she didn't care too much for.

 

She could assume that it was Victoria with the problem, since she did most of the talking once an officer began to ask questions. She noticed a few surprised looks from Zhou Mi and the guy next to him that almost looked like a chipmunk.

 

There was a girl next to Victoria. Shamed to say, the detective almost had to do a double take to make sure that really was a girl next to Victoria. Though at this point, she still couldn't tell what Victoria was reporting, she wondered why the girl suddenly had Zhou Mi looking at her in shock, which eventually turned into anger.

 

Her curiosity was rising.

 

She was silently praying that whatever reason they walked in here for, she and her partner would be the ones to take their case.

 

She was their fan, and she never thought that her line of work would bring her in such a close vicinity as-

 

"Detective Zhang!" her captain yelled, causing her to jump as she was violently pulled from her thoughts.

 

Detective Zhang sheepishly looked up to her captain, the older man glaring at her. From his angry demeanor, she could tell that he was probably calling her several times before she finally realized he was there.

 

"Whatever you're thinking, no," the captain said.

 

"Let us take their case." The words rushed out of before she could stop them.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter