Noises & Shadow

Captive Without Chains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter two

 

It's weird.  You thought. Why can't I breath properly?

 

You felt like something heavy was pressing your chest when you're asleep. You tried to open your eyes but even your eyelids felt really heavy. You thought the air conditioner broke because the air was getting hotter and hotter than before. Grains of sweats were dripping from your forehead down to your neck.

 

After a few moments of struggling, you finally managed to open your eyes, at the same time when a loud banging sound came out of no where. Weird. You had your eyes opened yet everything still dark just like when you still have your eyes closed. Another loud bang came from your left which make you jumped a little. You bit on your lower lips nervously, screaming for help inside your mind.

 

Another loud sound. And another one, and another one.

 

Soon, the whole dark space were filled with loud crashing sound, shouting, screaming, groaning sounds. You've covered your ears with your hands yet the voice still can be heard. What is this?!  You cried.

 

You gasped in horror when you felt a hard grip around your neck, "NO!"

 

You jolted and sat on your bed in reflect. Your whole body got covered in both hot and cold sweats, chest still rosing up and down panting hard, your throat felt like burning, everything felt too real for a dream. "It's just a bad dream Jooyeon, calm down." You tried to calm yourself down by rubbing your own chest softly. After taking a deep bretah, you started to feel a little bit better. But not until the familiar banging sound came again.

 

You thought you've misheard it but then it happened again. And this time you were sure that it came from the house next to yours. When your eyes glanced at the alarm clock beside your pillow, your brows knitted.  What are they doing at this time?

 

Past midnight, yet your neighbor won't stop making those weird sounds. Sometimes, you could heard someone's shouting, and groaning, even cursing. You suddenly remember about that ahjussi you met, he doesn't look like a bad man. Then what is he doing?

 

While thinking about every possibility and what might happened inside that house, you just remember that you have a test for the first lesson. Damn, you sighed before you plugged in your earphone. Trying so hard to at least get some sleep with all those noises that still can be heard through your earphone.

 

--

 

"Morning dea-- Whoa, what's wrong with your eyes?" Your dad run his thumb across your eyebags while frowning, "Bad dreams?"

 

"No..I studied for a test until midnight last night." You lied. Weird.  The rest of your family act like they didn't hear anything last night. If they heard those strange noises they must've already discussed about it right after they woke up. As usual, you waited for Jimin to pick you up. He usually will have breakfast along with your family so now, you were busy helping your mom making some toasts and eggs.

 

Ding.. Dong..

 

"That must be Jimin. I'll get it." You smiled and put the toasts on the dining table before you jogged to the front door. Just like what you expected, your boyfriend, standing handsomely infront of the door with that beautiful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter