Chapter 41

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   The only way to describe how the day has went so far is weird. Just weird.

   First you woke up to Chanyeol wrapped around you, which is really off because he's never been this touchy with you, but you brush it off and decide that it's a good thing that both of you were getting comfortable. Then surprisingly you walk down stairs to find Christina drinking coffee and Suho doing the dishes.....without the water faucet on. All he had to do was wave his hand over it and water magically came out. So I guess your maid knows about Kyungsoo as well.

   Speaking of, Kyungsoo then forced you outside and met with Yixing. There you meditated for an hour and it was less agonzing than usual. When you went back inside you kinda, sorta, maybe kissed Xiumin. And that's when you realized just how off the day was.

   It's not that you didn't like kissing Xiumin, it's just, you've already kissed some of the other guardians and you wonder if it's suppose to be like this. When you and Luhan got into an argument he was angry because you kissed Kai first, not because you kissed someone in general, and then you recalled a memory from a few weeks ago. He told you that it wasn't uncommon for a woman to be married to multiple men. Which of course made your stomach turn.

   Then Sophie called and now your mind is blown.

   It's been years, so many years. You were only in elementary school when she moved away. Your parents would take the both of you to get ice cream every weekend and you would watch cartoons and play with dolls. Her parents would take the both of you to the movies or out to dinner. Sophie was the sister you never had. Is it possible to go back to the way things use to be? When you have ten inclined guardians rampaging through your life?

"Goddess what's wrong?" Baekhyun asked.

   You were looking out the window next to your front door and jumped upon hearing his voice. Turning around, leaning against the window, you drink your glass of chocolate milk.

"Nothing's wrong." you sniffle, and that's when you notice that there's light tears running down your face.

"I don't think so. What's wrong? Is there anyway I can help?" he asks innocently, and you almost 'awh' at this side of him.

"Actually, can you round up all of your brothers? So we can all talk in the living room?"

"Sure." he says softly and turns away.

   You go back to looking out the window and take a large gulp from your glass.


"Why would you let her come over?" Kai demanded.

"What do you mean 'let her'? We practically lived at each other's house growing up!" you insisted.

"But what is she going to think when she sees us? What is she going to say?" Kyungsoo interrupted.

"I'm just going to say that you are all my friends and we are hanging out." you reason.

   Everything goes quiet and while looking at the boys around the room. Something feels wrong, so naturally you do a headcount (this happens often when you take them out in public) and figure out why.

"Where's Chen and Sehun?"

"They went to the market." Suho answers.

"What?!"

"I told you she would be mad." Xiumin says quietly to Luhan.

"You let them?!" you yell.

   Before they can answer you walk towards the front of the house and head out the door. Suho and Kyungsoo follow behind, most likely wanting to see more of the outside world.

"Chen can barely walk out of a room without causing mischief, and they trust him to go to the market? The last time I took Sehun to a store he was trying top hats on!"

   You can't hear Kyungsoo snicker as you stomp your way down the sidewalk.

"I think Christina was the one who asked." Suho says.

   The rest of the walk you were silent while the boys behind you carried off in natural conversation like it was no big deal. Your temper doesn't calm down until you step inside and see them standing in line to pay.

"Hey Goddith!" Sehun childishly chirps with his lisp.

   Everyone in the surrounding area looks between me and Sehun and Chen claps his hand over his brother's mouth. Suho and Kyungsoo full out laugh and you stomp on one of their toes.

   There was only one person in line in front of the two and Chen was holding what looked like a shopping list in the other hand. Their shopping cart looked pretty full and you curiously wondered where Christina went.

"She's at the doctor getting a check up." Luhan says in your mind.

But why?

"They have to make sure her accident didn't damage her or something like that. She left when you were meditating and I didn't want to bother you."

  You impatiently tap your feet until the boys finish paying. They push the cart down the store to where the others were and you all followed. Chen and Sehun then started pick up the bags and handing them to Suho and Kyungsoo.

"It's a good thing you guys are here, we would have to carry this stuff all by ourselves." Chen says.

"Yeah, thanks for telling me by the way." you say sarcastically.

   You refuse to carry any groceries on the way back home. You had to remind the guys to look both ways before crossing the street again and then Kyungsoo tripped when he took a step onto the sidewalk. 

"Maybe we should take the forest path." you suggest.

"Are you crazy?" Sehun says.

"This is the way to the clearing, isn't it?" Suho asks.

"C'mon let's just go see." you beg.

"You know how dangerous it is. Persephone even said not to." Chen added.

"But if we go me and Suho can know they layout just in case. He can find a source of water and forests are basically what I am." implied Kyungsoo.

   Majority rules so you end up walking into the forest, making sure that no one sees before you do so. Walking back onto that path made you feel you were where you needed to be. It's been so long since you walked the forest floor and you hear Kyungsoo widely inhale with relief. He probably feels at home, iff this is the type of nature that exists where they come from anyway. On the other hand, Suho looked like he was concentrating and the other two looked weary.

"Guys relax, nothing's here." you say.

  After a couple minutes you reach the clearing, and it looks just like you left it. Honestly, it reminded you of a graveyard in a war zone. The grass was uneven and some patches were missing, most likely because of Chanyeol. A large oak tree was uprooted and on it's side.

"What happened here?" Kyungsoo gasped.

"The tree wasth Luhan'sth fault." was all Sehun would say.

   Kyungsoo walked into the clearing and approached the tree that had to be ten times his size. He raises both hands and in awe, the roots magically grow and drill back into the ground. The tree is revived and Kyungsoo shapes the side of a trunk to make it able for multiple people to sit on it like a bench. You smile and actually run to the tree.

"No way!" you exclaim.

   You plop yourself on the tree-made bench and he sits next you. Giving him a half hug, you whisper a thank you and he smiles which makes your heart flutter. Not two seconds later, his face extorts to concern and he stands up and pulls me off the tree.

"What's wrong?" you ask.

"Someone's watching us." he says, staring into the treeline.

   You freeze and look around but you see no one. Even using your abilities, you can't sense anything.

"You sure?"

"Positive. Let's go."

   Meanwhile, Suho just stood there the entire time across the clearing, looking like he was still trying to sense some sort of body of water. Sehun and Chen already crossed the field and made it to the other side where the path continued. Kyungsoo insisted you walk in front of him and he closely followed you, every now and then looking around and ending up staring at that same spot.

"Uhm, Goddess? You should come home." Luhan suddenly says in your head.

"C'mon, Luhan wants us back at the house." you say loud enough for everyone to hear.

   So once again you go on the path and Suho talks about how he 'found' a little pond not too far from the clearing and that there was a stream about a mile deep into the woods as well. Sehun and Chen talked about how hungry they were but all you and Kyungsoo could do is remain silent. At one point you hung back and whispered to them.

"Wouldn't you and the others be able to hear a heartbeat if someone was there?" you say quietly, hoping the others were too distracted by their own conversations to hear.

"It was farther than we could sense, and not all beings have a heart." he answers.

   That shuts you up until you reach home. Once there, you notice a vehicle in the driveway.

"Who's car is that?" you ask to no one particular and begin to panic, four of your guardians are home.

   Everyone rushes to the front door, you swing it open and dash inside.

"Christina?" you call out.

   You pass the kitchen and stop once you reach the living room. With your own eyes, you see Sophie, grown up and absolutely beautiful, sitting in the recliner talking to everyone else who was sitting on the couches. The other guardians stop behind you and you can't find the words to speak.

"Hey 'Ri." Sophie says in that voice that hasn't changed since they were kids.


A/N: I wrote half of this sitting outside in front of my uni library, so pretty over here^^

any clue on what's gonna happen next?

Anyone wanna be a beta reader for Externally Ethereal or Chorale University? PM me!!!

How has your week been? I took four quizzes and two exams :/

I got a 95% on my Chinese exam and a B on my biology exam though :)

Talk to me guys! If you're new to this story, welcome to Externally Ethereal!