Chapter 13

Externally Ethereal(revamping, title might change)

   After figuring out how to use two of your abilities yesterday, last night's dinner was excellent. Christina took the time to make porkchops, corn, macaroni, and all of you got to make root beer floats. Luhan and Kai absolutely loved it and the burden that has been on your shoulders was slowly lightening up. Christina loved her earrings, she hugged you tight so you didn't notice the loving gazes the boys gave you. Your self esteem hasn't been this high in a long time, and you knew it was because your guardians were finally adjusting. 

   It was now the next morning and you were dressing for the day. You hate missing school but you wanted to stay home and cuddle with your warriors. Missing school means that you'll have more work to do in less of a time to make it up, so school was mandatory.

What should I wear today? you thought to yourself.

"Anything you wear is beautiful goddess~" said a very sleepy and husky voice in your head.

You just wanna butter me up, dork.

"No, but I do know that even if you wore a trash bag to school you would still be beautiful as ever."

   And of course you blushed, thanking the heavens that no one can see you right now. Luhan and Kai are always so sweet to you, well when Kai isn't being erted or mischevious. You send a silent thank you to him and put on sweatpants and a hoodie due to the cooler weather today. You go downstairs into the kitchen. Christina was pulling out blueberry muffins from the oven. You mumble 'good morning' to her and sit down. It was cloudy outside and barely any light was shining through the window.  After a minute or so you noticed something while nibbling on your muffin.

   It was quiet.

   Way too quiet.

"Where are the boys?" you ask suspiciously.

"Don't know honey, but let's enjoy the peace for once." she chuckles softly.

   When you finished there was still no sign of them. You sighed and grabbed two muffins and headed on upstairs.

   You knock on their bedroom door lightly.

"Boys, get up! I have to leave in ten minutes, with or without you!" you called out.

   You think you hear distant mumbling.

Aish, these boys need to wake up already!

"I am awake."

Then why don't you open the door?

"I'm tired."

I have blueberry muffinnnnnnnns~

   Less than ten seconds later you hear shuffling and the door opened.

   Luhan was standing there rubbing his eyes. His shirt was off and you notice that Kai isn't the only one that has abs. Luhan was very lean and you saw the slighest indent of his muscles. 

   You have never wanted to trace the planes of a boys body. Until now. 

   Sure, you've had a boyfriend before, but wow. You mentally slap yourself and try to close your mouth. Your jaw dropped at the sight of him and you're pretty sure if you were to open up more your face would hit the ground. He just stared at you with a sleepy expression.

"Uh...here!" you shoved the muffin to him.

   He looks at you wondering why you were acting so weird. You look down.

"So uh good morning." you greeted.

"G'morning my goddess." he says as he yawns.

This boy is going to be the death of me. Oh Lord.

"Why would I be the death of you?"

Oh . He reads minds. Forgot.

   Then you facepalm yourself, because, duh, he just heard that too. The boy grins.

"Wanna come in?" Luhan asks.

"We need to go!"

"Well have fun waking up Kai while I go change." he walks away eating his breakfast.

   You look over the room to Luhan's bed. The blankets were halfway off and the sheet was coming off one of the corners. You look across from his bed and see another bed with a big lump of covers. You walk over and shake Kai's shoulder.

"Get up, I have to leave in a couple minutes."

   There was so reply. You set the muffin down on the nightstand next to him and walk over to Luhan's bed. You start fixing the sheet and picking up the covers. You see out of the corner of your eye that your sleepy lump of a bed monster just moved. You stand up and walk over to him.

"Kai. Up."

   He grumbles.

"I brought you a muffin."

   Grumbles again.

   You huff and shake his shoulders. He turns over to face you. You grin.

   His blanket was up to his chin and he had one eye open since Luhan the light when you walked in. Kai had bed hair and he looked exhausted. You giggle and tell him to wake up.

"Please?"

"Only on one condition." he finally says while smirking. Man could you get lost in the eyes of a boy or what?

"Fine, what is it? Make it quick because we need to leave."

"This."

   One second you were standing over him and the next he got out from under the covers and pulled your arm, yanking you on top of him. You squeal.

"Kaaaaaaaaaai!"

"Ugh I love it when you say my name." he winks.

"You ert! Get off!" you smack his chest (which is also bare) with your free hand. He laughs and you try to get up. Kai wraps an arm around your waist and pins you to him.

"Kai I'm going to be late! Off!"

   You practically wrestle yourself from him and run out of the room, you find that you were laughing too.

   All of a sudden, Christina bellows.

"LITTLE GIRL GET YOUR DOWN HERE NOW."

   You freeze in your place. Christina doesn't cuss at you unless you're in really big trouble. Like when you snuck out of the house one night to go buy coffee and chocolate from the quick mart.

   You gulp and try to think of what you did. It's been years since she's done that. You slowly walk down the stairs and walk into the living room. She's sitting on the couch. You have no idea what happened.

You squeak softly, "Yes?"

"Sit. Now."

   You take as much time as you can walking to her. She pats the seat on the couch and you sit next to her. You can't look at her eyes when she's disappointed in you.

"You're not going to school today."

"What why? Did they call off?" [A/N: 'calling off ' means that school is cancelled for the day]

"You seriously don't know? Did you think you could get away with that?"

   You were completely confused. Your mind went blank. She saw your expression and softened a little.

"My dear, fighting is forbidden in every school. You know that."

"What?" 

   Then you realized. And you snapped.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!"

"Don't you dare raise your voice to me!"

"I WAS THE ONE GETTING BULLIED AND THEY BLAME ME?"

"Calm dow-"

"No!" though your voice lowered, "I go through hell alone everyday at school and they blame that on me? There was FIVE of them Christina! Five!"

   Now it was Christina who looked in shock. A milisecond later it turned into a deadly gaze.

"I'm going to set up a meeting with the principal. I will meet with the chairman if I have to, maybe even the school board too." she said coldly.

"Why-"

"No. Why didn't you tell me you were getting bullied!"

"It wasn't a big deal Christina!"

"You were getting jumped! It is a big deal!"

   You tried stopping her but nothing would help, if anything you knew it would make her angrier so you gave up. She was on the phone with the principal and she couldn't care less how lethal she sounded. When she hung up you picked up on that they were going to have a meeting. Your principal saw it was a big enough problem to schedule the meeting today. Christina refused to let you go and ordered the boys to stay home.

"Maybe you can teach them how to work a washer now." she added.

"What? I thought yo-"

"I stopped when Kai poured a half of bottle of detergent in."

 

 

 

"KAI!" You yelled.

   You heard a stumble on the steps and realized he was coming down the foyer stairs fully dressed.

"Aish! What woman! I'm ready we can go!"

   He sulked into the living room looking grumpy.

"You can go back to bed-"

"No! I told you that I am taking you to school every-"

"-after I teach you how to use a washer you idiot!"

"- day from now on!"

   Kai stopped. His eyes grew wide.

", she knows." he thought.

"Wasn't me." Luhan said into his mind.

   You saw that he knew what happened.

"Kai are you stupid? What the hell makes you think that you can pour half a bottle of detergent into the laundry!"

"It was an accident! My arm bumped it! How was I supposed to get it out! It was already on the clothes!"

   You groaned and facepalmed.

"Go to bed." you ordered.

"I am telling you for the last time that you will walk with us!"

"I'M NOT GOING TO SCHOOL TODAY KAI. OKAY?"

   He looked confused. At this time Christina slipped out of the room to go get ready for the meeting.

"Why?" he asked softly, "You like school."

   You sigh.

"I wont be there for the next couple of days...."

"Why not?"

"Don't worry about it. We can use it as an excuse to spend time together and get your brothers, don't you want that?"

"O-of course."

"Okay, go on up."

"No you said I can spend time with you," he said with a wink before adding his killer smirk, "now why would I miss out on that?"

   You gave up. 

"Okay come here."

   Kai fist pumped and literally laid down across your lap on the couch while you silently told Luhan about not going.

"Kaaaaaaaiiii! You're heavyyyyyyy!" you whine.

   Luhan replied saying okay, but little did you know that he heard everything that you and Christina said.


   The day so far has been great. Christina left about an hour after and you and the boys are cuddled on the couch. You had your head on Luhan's lap and Kai was spooning you with his legs dangling off the side of the sofa. His head was resting on your side and you were all watching Rush Hour 2.

   Every so often Luhan would gently play with your hair and Kai would dig his chin into your side tickling you.

   You felt so happy. So content. So safe.

   Nothing was ever awkward with them anymore. It's hard to believe how close you got to them in a matter of two days. You also found that you never took your pendant off. Not even in the shower. It was also normal for the boys to touch you without reason. Like you'll cross their path and they slowly your arm. Or they'll hold hands with you in the house.

   You were laughing at Chris Tucker being an idiot on the TV screen. Him and Jackie Chan act as detectives for the movie series. Luhan was smiling and he looked down at you. His heart fluttered. He noticed that when you laugh your cheeks get puffier and your cheekbone is more defined. He kept staring at you even when the funny part ended and you were back to being gued to the TV.

   Without realizing what he was doing, he took his hand and slowly traced the outline of your face. Your breath got caught in your throat from the sudden gentle brush of his fingers. You snap your head and look up to him. You saw that he looked shocked at first but then he smiled. 

Why do you smile at me so much? you ask.

"Because you're so beautiful." he simply replied.

   You turn back to face the TV so he doesn't see you blushing. 


   After the movie, you taught the boys to properly clean the house. At the moment you were showing them how to wash dishes.

"Is this clean enough now?" 

"No Kai. Wash the underside of the plate too."

"Why? Food hasn't touched it."

"You're right but your dirty hands have."

   He winks at you before continuing to wash. You scoff and roll your eyes before checking the clock that hangs on the kitchen wall. Christina hasn't been home yet and it's been hours. You text her.

Hey how's everything going? Where are you?

   Within two minutes she responds.

Everything's fine, I talked to your principal. For now you're still suspended for the rest of the week but he scheduled for me to have a meeting with the school board next week. I'm going shopping for a little while to calm myself. Ask the boys what they want for dinner. And tell them no we are not having spaghetti yet. Love you.

-Christina

   You smiled. Her text made you happy even if you won't be going to school for the rest of the week. This means you get to spend time with all four boys (you're so excited to meet the next two!) and hopefully have Luhan work with you on your abilities.

   The boys (actually it was you) decided on enchiladas after explaining to them what it was. Christina always made it the best. You have never met anyone else who could cook better. You texted her back and also asked if it was okay for you to take the boys out around town in a couple hours (aka go get your new guardians). She replied saying of course. Then you asked her to buy a lot since the boys have such a big appetite and you're sure their brothers are the same way.

"So are you guys excited to go pick up more of your brothers?" you ask

"Yes." Luhan replies.

"No." Kai answers.

"What why?"

"Because that means we have to share you."

"Kai!"

"Well it's true!"

"You boys are crazy."

   Luhan shakes his head and Kai smiles. Reaching down, you wrap your hand around your pendant and smile back. Luhan looks at you in question.

"Does that really make you that happy?"

"No, you guys do. But yes it adds to it." you say sweetly.

"Done!" Kai chirps.

   You inspect all the dishes and give your guardians a nod of approval. You walk back into the living room and sit on the floor.

"So what should we do now? We still have a little bit of time." you ask

"I know." the younger replies with a smirk.

"What?" 

"PUPPY PILE!"

   Kai runs and jumps on you. His weight makes you fling your body back and your head hits the floor. He's giggling like a maniac and before long Luhan joins too. 

"Kai this is literally the second time you made me crack my head against something!"

"You like it~"

"Shut up."

  It ended up with your head resting on Luhans stomach and Kai was laying across your waist. You talked about other things they should know about that are on Earth. It went from dirtbikes and motorcycles to star lillies and wildflowers and everything inbetween. They seemed interested, so you silently made a plan that when all twelve are here you'll take them to an arboretum. [A/N: Arboretum]

  With many groans and grumbling, you convinced to get the boys up so you could make lunch. After fifteen minutes of debating an bickering they decided on grilled cheese. To make things interesting you decided to have them try different cheeses. You went and pulled out four different kinds wrapped in plastic that Christina bought recently. There was cheddar, swiss, american, and mozzarella. You chose cheddar, Luhan chose american, and Kai picked swiss. The boys sat at the island while you cooked. They cracked jokes back and forth while you went and the radio. Turning the knob through the stations, you heard a Black Eyed Peas song and blared it while singing along.

"Boy I think about it every night, and day~

I'm addicted, wanna jam inside your love.

I wouldn't wanna have it any other way,

I'm addicted and I just can't get enough~"

   Halfway through the song you looked over your shoulder and saw the boys bobbing their head to the music. You smiled and kept singing along. When you finished, you placed their plates on the table and went to the fridge while asking what they wanted to drink. The radio was kept on while you ate. Each of you were satisfied with the meal and made more conversation about their brothers. 

"What do you call people from Exo?" you ask

"Exotians." Luhan replied.

"Ah that's so cool! I want to be an Exotian, it even sounds awesome."

"I think I like Earth more." Kai says suddenly.

"More than your own planet?"

"...Yeah. Plus Exo doesn't have you. Wherever you are is my home now."

   Kai's confession shocked you. How can someone go to another world and fall in love with it after two days? How can someone cling to you like a lifeline when you've only known them for just as long? It touched your heart. He wasn't being ual about it, it was all genuine. And that made you strive to make this place a better home for them to live in. All of them.


   Christina finally came home and you told her that you and the boys were leaving. Upon walking out the door, Kai put his arm on your shoulders instead of holding your hand like usual. You and Luhan locked pinky fingers. The sun started to peak through the clouds, illuminating the atmosphere around you. You take a deep breath and start walking.

   On the way there you taught your warriors about your planets society. It ranged from things like manners to marriage. Luhan then told you that in Exo it was expected for multiple men to be married to one woman. Since it intrigued you so much, you began to ask about it. Before long, the three of you reached the clearing. You walked over to the same spot you were at when you first met Persephone and sat down. The two boys sat around you. You smelled rain in the air, and hoped that it would rain after the four boys were in your house. You decided that after they arrive all of you are going to walk to the dollar store and get them clothes there for now until you can make it to the mall again. You know the store had things like simple shorts and shirts. Plus they're going to need pajamas too.

   Luhan tried helping you practice your ability again. He told you that you need to learn how to expand your 'mental terra map' and that when you perfect this then you will move on. 

"Maybe you'll be able to see things in the air if you get good enough." Kai suggested.

"That would be cool." you agreed.

   A couple seconds later you began to smell what seemed like flowers mixed with rain. The boys must have sensed it as well because they stopped talking and looked around. The scent got stronger and you stood up. You sniffed it again, loving the smell. Before your eyes a light appeared about ten feet in front of you. The light was blinding, causing you to shield your eyes. Automatically, the boys jumped up and wrapped theirselves around you, as if they were trying to protect a precious jewel. A tall beautiful woman stepped out.

   This time, she was wearing a beautiful stola that looked like it was made of the finest linens. You smiled brightly.

"Ah hello my gorgeous child." she said sweetly.

"Hi Persephone!" you chirped.

   She looked at the boys on each side of you and giggled.

"Luhan, Kai, you may let her go now. She's not in danger."

   They slowly unwrapped themselves from you and greeted the spring goddess.

"You boys already like her that much? Thats wonderful." she says cheerfully.

"I've taught them many things about Earth, they seem to really enjoy it." you add.

"Of course my dear, all twelve yearn for knowledge. They are all so intelligent." she replies.

   The boys brighten up and it makes you feel proud. You take full responsibility over them, and they do the same with you. Persephone clasps her hands together.

"So my sweet demi-goddess, are you ready?"

"Yes!"

   The queen of the underworld raises her hands to the skies and closes her eyes. Your heart starts beating rapidly and you become nervous. You notice now that she mumbles something quietly while doing so, something you didn't see at first.

   A black inky mist appears and two boys step out hand-in-hand. 

   At first you only see the outline of their body shapes. One is shorter and has a stocky muscular build to him, the other is lean and tall. Persephone lowers her hands and the black mist disappears.

   At once Kai and Luhan start cheering. The two new guardians show no expression and just stare at you in shock. You give them a soft smile, believing that they are nervous and uncomfortable. The smaller boy (who is still taller than you by the way) has copper colored hair and the roundest cheeks you have ever seen in your life. He sees you staring at him and he looks down. He's holding hands with the taller boy who has shaggy blonde hair. He looks very mature for his age, you think that he looks around how old you are. 

"My goddess do not let his looks get to you, he is the most immature brother I have." Luhan joked.

"Shut up, I missed you too." the boy with the shaggy hair says. 

   All the boys suddenly run to each other and begin hugging one another. You giggle and stand next to Persephone. She puts her hand on your shoulder and nods her head.

"What are their names?" you ask quietly.

   The guardians all turn and look at you, hearing what you said due to their heightened senses. Luhan pulls the two boys towards you and drapes his arm around the boys shoulder who has the cute chipmunk cheeks.

"This, my wonderful goddess, is Xiumin. The oldest of your guardians." he says while smiling.

   Then he gestures over to the next boy.

"And this is the youngest, Sehun."


A/N: Ahhhhh are all my subbies happy now? Sehun and Xiumin won the poll a couple chapters ago. I know some of you guys think that I have been taking forever to get move on, but I'm a er for slow build-ups(: 

So whats your thoughts? Sorry for taking a little while to write this, school got in the way since a new semester started (I'm in Medical Terminology now!!!).

Also I have a question: Do you like having the pictures and links to the songs? If so I'll add some here and there, if not then I'll refrain from most of it. 

Who do you want to come after Xiuminnie and Sehunnie?  See you later!