Final

How fate bring us back together

After a week passed since that night and Kyungsoo is at the States, she started to respond his messages and emails  with short sentences and didn’t answer his phone call , telling him she was busy with works and projects.

As another weeks passed, she ignored all his messages, calls and emails. She would received a tons of messages, emails and miss calls from him but she didn’t picked them up instead she only read the message and email that wrote how worried he was, how he missed her so much. She felt guilty but still she didn’t intend to pick up any of those calls or respond to the messages and emails.

“You should call him. At least say that you’re okay.” Her mom looked at her daughter who was looking at her phone with sadness in her eyes. She shook her head and rushed upstairs leaving her mom shaking her head. Even her mom convinced her to talk to him but she just shook that away. She didn’t know why was she even act like this.

 

“Hey, how are you guys? Still keep in touch, huh?” Her friend, Suyun asked when they just arrived on a table with their food. Meeyon sighed and shook her head.

“What’s with the sigh?” Her other friend, Soomi asked.

“It’s… complicated.” She let out a frustrated sigh as her friend shook her shoulder, “Spill it out.” Suyun said.

After letting out all of it, her friends were speechless. They patted her back and Soomi said, “I know how you feel since I’ve felt them before with Baekkie. But, you know it will hurt the guy’s heart if you keep ignoring him. He’s a good guy that all girls had dream for. At least tell him what you feel and make him understand. If you continue to do this, it will not solve your problems.” She hugged Meeyon and Suyun nodded at her words as she reached for her hand and squeezed it lightly.

Three months passed  and it was a new year. From the last two months, he stopped sending her messages and emails and there’s no miss calls from him anymore. As she thought that he was giving up on her, her thought was wrong when at morning she received a message:

Hey :')

She stared at her phone and a sudden of longing for him rushed inside her body. She remembered what her friends and her mom said and this is the time she need to tell him.

Hey :') She typed on her phone screen.

Have you eaten your breakfast yet?

No. You?

I was waiting for you to cook for me. I miss your cooking.

Her breath caught on as she read that. He was acting all fine but she knew he was hurt because of her.

I will cook for you next time. Hm, can I…tell you something?

Yes. You can :)

She took a deep breath and sighed inwardly.

I’m…sorry. I don’t know why am I acting like this. I… I feel like I’m still not ready to be in this kind of world. Believe me, I didn’t meet any guy other than you. You’re the perfect guy I’ve ever met in my life. I’m just not ready. I’m so sorry for acting like this. I was just scared that when we are to attach with each other, but fate come and tear us apart. And we ended up hurting ourselves.  I don’t want that happen. I still need time to discover this love world and I’m scared that I might be wrong. I’m sorry for hurting you and I need to tell you this all. I didn’t ask for a break up but I wanted us to be friend and wait for the right time.  

What she didn’t realize her cheeks were staining with tears. After a few minutes, she was waiting for him to respond and when her phone beep she immediately open it.

Okay. If that’s what you want… I’ll wait for you. Although we’ll grow as old, I will still wait for you. Just please don’t keep it in yourself again next time. Just tell me anything and we can solve it together.

As she read them, she felt her shoulder lift up from all those problems. And she believes in Kyungsoo’s words.

 

6 years passed…

She was at the park while having her Taro bubble tea. After 6 years, everything went well and she grown as a beautiful woman who work at Owl’s Café as a waitress. At first she thought of how weird the name was but it reminds her of that person who has an owl’s eyes. It’s a bit creepy but when we gaze into it, it was dreamy.

She looked at this kids playing at the playground and smile. She remembered how that person loves to play with kids. And the moment she loves the most when he embraces the kids in his arms.

She stood up from the bench and when she looked up there were three kids in front of her with their shirts written an alphabet:

 H.E.Y.   

She thought it was just a coincidence until they face their back at her with the words:

I.      Love.       You.

Her eyes widened and immediately her eyes scanned around with familiar face but there was no one. Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and at the smell of the cologne she knew it was the person she longed for.

“I miss you, Meeyon-ah.” He whispered in her ears that make her smile contently. As she turned to face him, she was met with a pair of doe eyes that she really loves when she stare at it. A tear escaped from her eyes before jumping at him for a tight hug. She felt overwhelmed exactly like the first time they be a couple. She feel like she found another piece of her heart and now it was put together.

Kyungsoo pulled away and stare at her and pull out a loving smile. He wiped her tears and said, “Don’t cry because of me. Because I hate it.” He chuckled.

She gave him a smile as her eyes started to tear up again but she held it back and hug him once again making the guy chuckled inwardly. “I miss you so much. I want to be with you forever. I know now how much it hurts when you’re not with me.” She said between sobbed.

“Then, let’s do this.” He said, making the girl pulled away and stared at him, confused.

“Do what?”

Suddenly he knelt on his knees and pulled out a ring. “Let’s make us officially together, forever. Will you marry me, Park Meeyon?” He smiled.

Once again she tear up and she curse herself for being too emotional.

With an audible “Yes” Kyungsoo put on a ring on her finger and stood up, facing her. He leaned in and before his lips touch hers, he whispered, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Can fate really bring us together? Yes, it can. 

 

 

When there’s a fate, it will bring two people together no matter how far they are.