Decision

Upside down

 

L.Joe’s first day at school in his new life went okay. He tried to find Chunji all day but he couldn’t. He didn’t even see Changjo or Ricky. Luckily it was Saturday so they didn’t have school that day or the next day. L.Joe had plenty of time to find his friends.

The next day he woke up really late.

“Wake up, you lazy~” someone said.

Please be a dream, please be a dream.  thought L.Joe with his eyes closed. He was still half asleep.

“Wake up~” that same person said again and suddenly L.Joe heard some noise coming from an instrument. When he finally opened his eyes he saw Des playing a trumpet.

“Oh fudge, it’s you again. Go away~” shouted L.joe annoyed.

“You know, you’re much nicer when you’re sleeping” chuckled Des.

 “Shut up” L.joe rolled his eyes and covered his head with the blanket. Des smirked and started playing the trumpet again.

“Okay okay! I get it, would you just stop playing that stupid thing?” L.joe finally stood up, looking angry. “Where did you get that thing from anyway?” he asked.

“Kid…I’m an angel. I changed your freaking life, it’ll be weird if I couldn’t get an instrument, don’t ya think?” winked Des.

“Yeah… you have a point there” sighed L.Joe. “I’m up now, you can go away” L.joe shooed him.

“Aw why so mean? I’m bored. Let’s play” smiled Des.

“Right… no” L.joe replied coldly. “I hope you’re enjoying my non existing life though”

“Don’t be like that kid, It’s just a lesson”

“A lesson?” L.Joe rolled his eyes. “Am I really going to be here for years?” he asked.

“Sweetie, I make the rules here, okay? You’ll be home, when you’ll learn” he smiled. “Bye Bye now” waved Des and disappeared.

“Stupid angel of …um stupid!” said L.Joe under his breath.

He was about to go back to sleep when suddenly the door opened. It was his roommate Cap. He walked in the room and looked at L.Joe puzzled.

“Hey… I thought I heard a trumpet coming from here…” said Cap and looked around the room.

“Don’t be silly” laughed L.Joe.

“Hm… I guess the noise was coming from some other room” Cap scratched his neck. “By the way since you’re new here… if you want you can hang out with me and my friends”

“Really? Are you sure it’s okay?” asked L.Joe.

“Yeah, of course” nodded Cap.

“Oh okay then, thanks” smiled L.Joe. “You can show me around the school first” said L.Joe and went in the bathroom to change and wash up.

After he finished all that the two of them went out. Cap showed him most of the school. Now they were heading towards the library. On their way there they saw Chunji.

“Hey, you know him?” asked L.Joe and pointed at Chunji.

“Yeah I know him, some of our classes are the same but we don’t talk too much” replied Cap.

“Oh why’s that?”

“Hm… how should I put this… He’s too cool to talk to me, yeah I guess that’s it” nodded Cap.

“He doesn’t seem like a bad guy though…” said L.Joe quietly.

The two of them continued with their walk and suddenly some boy came out of the library and kissed Chunji.

N-no way…

“Who’s that?” L.Joe looked at Cap.

“That’s Niel… his boyfriend”

L.Joe’s jaw dropped. T-They’re dating? What wrong did I do to deserve this? He yelled in his head.

“You okay?” Cap looked at him worriedly.

“Y-yeah I’m fine, I’ll just… go to the restroom” said L.Joe and ran to the male’s restroom.

“Des!” yelled L.Joe. “YAH don’t play dumb! I know you can hear me” he continued to yell. “Des~ Come here, right now!”

“I’m here~” someone sang behind him. L.Joe jumped a little surprised and turned around.

“Finally, tell me what is this ?” L.Joe looked mad.

“What is what?” Des titled his head and tried to look innocent.

“My best friend dating my crush” yelled L.Joe.

“Oh that…” laughed Des. “Well it’s not my fault for that now”

L.joe was about so say something to him when suddenly someone entered the restroom. It was Chunji. Luckily he couldn’t see Des. L.Joe was the only one who could see the angel.

“Pick up your phone and pretend you’re talking to someone so you don’t look stupid while talking to me” said Des.

L.Joe nodded and took out his phone.

“I get it now Des. Can I go home now? Please? I had enough of this” L.Joe’s eyes got teary.

“Are you okay?” suddenly Chunji asked him.

What? He’s asking me? L.Joe got shocked. “Yeah I’m fine…” he nodded.

Chunji just nodded and pulled his phone out while he was checking himself in the mirror. He dialed some number and placed the phone on his ear. Suddenly some melody filled the restroom. It was L.Joe’s phone. His phone was ringing.

“Hello?” answered L.Joe.

“Hello…?” replied Chunji.

The both of them looked at each other confused.

“um… I don’t know how that happened… I dialed your number by accident, so sorry about that” apologized Chunji.

“nah it’s fine… it happends” smiled L.Joe.

“Sorry” Chunji apologized once again and left the restroom.

How did that happened? Thought L.Joe.

“See kid? Your friend is still in there! You can get him back! You can get your old life back” smiled Des. “Well not completely, but you get the point” he chuckled.

“yeah yeah, whatever. You’re so annoying. Go away now” L.Joe rolled his eyes.

“You’re the one who called me, geez” Des rolled his eyes and disappeared.

L.Joe smiled and left the restroom as well. I guess I can bring him back…