His new life

Upside down

 

“Sorry but I don’t like you L.Joe” those words kept repeating in his head.

He was now in his room.  Lying on his bed and staring at the ceiling. He was obviously depressed. You can guess what happened to him today, after Niel waved at him. Yup, he blurted out some words accidentally and got rejected. How stupid of him, right?

Flashback

“Hey L.Joe” Niel smiled and waved at him. L.Joe froze when he heard his name coming out of Niel. He remembers me? That’s weird… Oh no he’s coming this way. What do I do? Thought L.Joe and started to panic. “What’s up?” asked Niel as he stood in front of L.Joe.

Whatever you do L.Joe, just don’t say stupid things like…’I like you’… Just don’t

“I like you” said L.Joe. After hearing his own words his cheeks turned red. “I-I mean… n-nothing” sighed L.Joe and lowered his head. Suddenly he heard Niel chuckle. “Huh?” L.Joe looked up surprised. “W-what’s so funny?” he managed to ask.

“I’m sorry…” Niel chuckled again. “Your expression was just too cute” he smiled. “But…” suddenly his smile disappeared. “I don’t like you… like that” Niel bit his lip.

“Y-yea… that makes sense…” sighed L.Joe. “I have to go now, Bye Niel” L.Joe waved and quickly ran away, leaving Niel feeling  a little guilty.

End of flashback

“Why won’t he like me?” L.Joe asked himself as he sat up. “Aish who am I kidding, I mean look at me” he sighed and got up. L.joe went towards his bedroom’s window. It was 9 pm and it was already dark outside. You can see the moon clearly from that room.

What would it be like if I wasn’t born? thought L.Joe and looked at the moon.

Suddenly someone coughed in the room and it sure wasn’t L.Joe. The person coughed like he wanted to have L.Joe’s attention now. L.Joe froze. He knew he was alone in the room. Chunji had gone out with Changjo and Ricky. And if it was Chunji, L.Joe would of heard him coming in the room.
L.Joe gathered his courage and turned around. “Who are you?” asked L.Joe surprised. Before the person could even answer L.Joe cut him off with another question. “And isn’t it too early for Halloween?” L.Joe raised his brow.

The person in front of him was wearing strange clothes and it had wings too.

“Wings? Seriously? You have to tell me how you did those. Cause me and my friends have been trying to make some but… failed” sighed L.Joe.

The unknown person in front of him rolled his eyes. He was already annoyed by L.Joe. “Okay kid, cut the crap” he finally started talking. “I didn’t come here to tell you costume tips, I came here to answer your question” he smirked.

“Question? Oh you mean, why doesn’t he like me?” asked L.Joe.

“What? Who?” the person asked confused. “God no” he rolled his eyes. “I’m here to show you what would it be like if you weren’t born. And nice to meet you, I’m the angel of destiny but you can call me Des” he smiled.

“Hah…” L.Joe laughed awkwardly and soon everything went black.

~~

“Uh… what happened?” asked L.Joe as he opened his eyes. “AHH” he screamed.

“Wow kid, why are you yelling for?” asked Des.

“It’s just… You’re scarier in the light” chuckled L.Joe. “By the way where are we?” L.Joe looked around.

“Remember when you met your best friend?”

“Oh yes Chunji” L.Joe smiled and got up.

“Well there he is” Des pointed at a little kid playing alone in the park.

“I’m suppose to come now, right?” asked L.Joe.

“No, you’re not born in this world Byunghun, tell me how can you come?” Des face palmed.

“Sorry for asking”

“Just watch” said Des and L.Joe nodded.

While the 9 year old Chunji was playing alone, some other kid came and sat down next to him.

“Can I play with you?” the little kid asked.

“Sure” replied Chunji quietly.

“Hey that’s not me!” yelled L.Joe.

“Of course it’s not you! You still don’t get now, do you?” Des yelled back.

“…I get it” mumbled L.Joe. He seemed a little sad. Who’s that kid?

“I’m Woohyun, what’s your name?” asked the little kid.

“I’m Chunji”

“Okay, can we go home now?” asked L.Joe annoyed.

“Go? We still have other places to go kid, after all you asked for it” smiled Des and both of them went at some other place.

~~

“Remember this?”

“Oh yea… that’s Sungyeol…he was my first kiss” blushed L.Joe.

Sungyeol was waiting for someone. Well in L.Joe’s old life he was waiting for him, to go on a date but now he’s waiting for someone else.

“Who is he waiting for?” asked L.Joe.

“Hey! Sorry for waiting” someone called out behind L.Joe. He turned around and saw Chunji running towards Sungyeol.

“Chunji?” L.Joe jaw dropped. “Why…him?” he looked at Des.

“W-well… Chunji had a crush on Sungyeol too but you got him first” answered Des.

“He did? Why didn’t he tell me that…” mumbled L.Joe. “This is so stupid! I want you to take me home now!” yelled L.Joe.

“The thing is… I can’t”

“How do you mean you can’t? Okay they’re kissing, just let’s go!”

~~

“This is at your 18th birthday”

“Oh that was a year ago?”

“Well…yeah” nodded Des. “Let’s see what Chunji is doing”

Des and L.Joe entered a room and suddenly they heard . The light was off.

“What the fudge? He’s having on my birthday?” yelled L.Joe and left the room.

“Well actually it’s not your birthday here and um… we’re in the wrong house. That was…your parents”

“Oh my god” he yelled. “Why are you doing this to me?”

“Hey! Don’t yell at me kid, you asked for all of this”

Soon they were at Chunji’s house. “He’s not doing anything” said L.Joe as he came closer to his friend.
Chunji was reading some book on his bed. “I got him that book for his birthday” said L.Joe.

“No you didn’t…” said Des. “Woohyun did”

“Oh… right “ L.joe looked down.

“Let’s go! We have one more place to go” said Des.

“Can we stay for a while? He looks sad” mumbled L.Joe and looked at Chunji.

“Kid he can’t see you! It’ll be useless if you stay here and plus we don’t have much time left”

“Oh okay then…”

~~

Des brought L.Joe now at his prom night.

“This was the best day ever” said L.Joe and jumped up and down. “Where’s Chunji?” he looked around in the crowd but he wasn’t there.

“He’ll come soon” nodded Des.

“You know what we did here?” smiled L.Joe.

“What?”

“Well Ricky got drunk and fell on that table with food over there” he pointed at one of the tables. “Changjo stole some guy’s girlfriend and then dumped her” he chuckled. “Me and Chunji changed the CD with a slideshow of everyone’s embarrassing pictures”

“Wow” chuckled  Des. “Oh here comes Chunji”

L.Joe smiled and looked towards the door. There he saw his best friend with some girl as his date all dressed up and stuff. As he walked into the room every girl started to scream his name. In this life he was really popular in the school. It wouldn’t be strange a little bit if he was the prom king.

“That’s… not Chunji”

“yeah it is kid” Des patted his back.

“W-where are Changjo and  Ricky?” asked L.Joe.

“They’re not coming. For them prom was stupid so they went at some other party” replied Des.

“O-okay…You said this was the last place, can you take me home now?” asked L.Joe.

“First… I have to tell you something” Des grabbed his hand and took him somewhere else.

L.joe looked around and it seemed familiar. They were at his new school. “I have some bad news” said Des. “I can’t bring you back, you have to stay here” he looked down.

“What? You know, you could of mentioned that at the beginning and not now! Where am I suppose to go now?” yelled L.Joe.

“You’ll stay here, here are your bags” said Des and in his hands appeared two bags. He tossed them to L.Joe. “You’re new in this school, nobody knows you, not even your parents. And don’t worry, I’ll be watching over you” he said and disappeared.

“Oh my god you stupid! Come back and take me home” yelled L.Joe.

“Hey, are you okay?” some kid asked L.Joe.

“You can see me?” L.Joe pointed at himself.

“of course…” the kid looked a little freaked out of L.Joe.

L.Joe sighed and shook his head.

After repeating his first day of school but without his friends he went in his room. There he saw, his new roommate.

“Oh hi Cap” greeted L.Joe as he placed his bags down. Cap was his friend but in this life he doesn’t know him.

“Who are you?” Cap looked at him confused.

“Oh I’m L.Joe. And you’re Cap… one kid told me who you were… nice nickname though… you love caps” L.Joe laughed awkwardly.

“Yeah… okay” Cap stood up and went in the bathroom.

“Stupid angel of destiny” mumbled L.Joe.

“You called me?” suddenly Des appeared.

“Ahh” L.joe screamed in surprise. “Now you showed?” L.Joe rolled his eyes. “Take me back now, I don’t like this and I sure didn’t ask for this” said L.Joe.

“Don’t worry. Everything is going to be fine and I’m sorry…  this is my job, I can’t bring you back” sighed Des. “Now byebye~ I’ll see you in… couple of years” he chuckled and left.

“Idiot!” yelled L.Joe.

“Who are you talking to?” asked  Cap and raised his brow.

“Um… phone…” L.Joe looked around to find his phone but it was nowhere in sight.

“You don’t have a phone in your hand”

“…Magic” L.Joe chuckled awkwardly and left the room.

What am I going to do?