Chapter 4

For Us, A Million. The World, Zero.

Stuttering on your words.

"....seoullll....?"

"Yes. That's where I live."

I so regretted going back to Shinwha's MH. Seoul is the ultimate South Korea hotspot. Where all the rich famous celebrities are like Lee Min Ho and Kim Soohyun. (I remembered him because he had the same name as my cowardish brother.) Thinking of my family made me sad again, so I tried to divert my attention to this mysterious lady. I wondered if she was really my aunt. Why was my aunt this top notch rich person living in Seoul, when my parents lived in scraps and poorly? Why did she not even once come and visit us? Or give us food? Or a nice house? Or some new---

"Go ahead. It's going to take us 6 hours getting there anyways."

"Huh?" I asked, surprised.

"I know you're super curious about me so go on and ask. It's going to take 6 hours until we reach Seoul anyways."

I'm glad she came forward forcing me to have no choice and ask because it would have been intimidating had I made the first move.

"How are you related to my parents?"

"I am your mother's sister, making me your aunt. Next."

I didn't know if her 'next' sounded annoyed or nice. But I was still curious.

"If you're my so called 'aunt', why have you had not visited us before? You live in Seoul for crying out loud. Your sister, my mom lived in hell. She got more and more sick."

"Aria. I did come to visit you. When your were born that is. I never came back because, your mom and I got into a huge argument. And her being older, told me to never come again. So I didn't. But, God. I should have disobeyed her. We lost all connections and she never contacted me. When you were little you lived in a house sooner than where you live now. I came back there only to find a new family. Your mom must've hated me so much. But I hate myself. For not having to have found you guys sooner, taken you out of poverty. And, let you guys live with me. When I heard about your parent's passing, it struck me as well. She was indeed my only sister. I hated myself even more because I found out she gave me her most prized possession, that is. You, Aria."

"What about your parents? My grandparents?"

"They lost all connections with you guys after your mom cut all ties. They later died of old age, and here I am. The only living proof of my family's existence."

It then hit me. Aunt Sora and I are sailing the same ship. Though her's happened 18 years ago, the nightmares I will have, she's already gone through them all. I hated my mom. Why did she let go of the people who loved her? Like me. I liked Aunt Sora. She wasn't afraid to answer any of my questions. Personal or not. Later that drive I forgot everything about what had happened, though I know I will forever be traumatized by it. Aunt Sora had this charm to her that made you forget about your worries, kind of like a sister. I felt bad for giving her a harsh time at Shinwha, for being so stubborn. 

We arrived in Seoul around 9PM, when the lights are lighted, the air was cool, the people disappeared. When I got ahold of what Seoul was like, it's beautiful architecture stunned me. It was nothing compared back home. Tall buildings, large posters of beautiful idols, top branded stores were everywhere! It was like living in a dream. That night we didn't head off to Aunt Sora's house. We went to a burial site. For my parents. In front of me laid, two tombstones reading: 

Yang Yuri (1951-2015)

Beloved friend, daughter, sister and mother. May your soul rest in peace. 

 Yang Kang Chil (1950-2015)

Beloved friend, son, brother and father. May your soul rest in peace.

 

"While you were away, I had them send their ashes and body to Seoul, so you can visit them at any time."

My goodness, my eyes were at it again. But this time, I didn't complain. I was just simply going to cry it all out. I'm an 18 year old girl, who lost both her parents in an  8 car accident where only they died, and my brother who's a coward ran away for no reason. I didn't want to admit it but, the more that line kept running in my head, the more I forced myself to believe it. And eventually, I did. 

"My parents, are gone. My brother is gone. I'm all alone. My parent's are gone. My brother is gone. I'm all alone. My pa--"

"Aigo, my dearest Aria. There, there." 

My Aunt tried her best comforting me that night, but as soon as I thought I could be able to slowly let this accident pass, it didn't. And I understand. 

"It's going to take time, darling. Just know, your parents are not living in a bad place. The heavenly father will feed them. They are looking over you, over us. Cherishing this moment with you."

I did find that comforting though. So I looked up. I saw two of the brightest star sparkle and outshine the others, and smiled. 

"Eomma, appa. Thank you for taking care of me, safe travels on your way. I have Aunt Sora looking over me, which I thank you for encouraging me to find her. Do me a favor, and watch over Soohyun as well." 

And we left. I'm not sure when I will visit them again. But, I will.