Chapter 1

For Us, A Million. The World, Zero.

"Aria, wake up darling." 

I was awoken up by a delicate soft tone. That belonging to my mother, Yang Yuri. She was a petite pale women with eyes as deep blue as the ocean. Anyone could look at my mother and know that she could not even compare to the other mothers in this renowned country. Everything that she did, she did with all of her energy and effort. I rubbed my eyes that were filled with eye boogers and looked at my mother who laid sideways on the floor covered with a sheer blanket that was only big enough for the two of us. 

We lived in a very small room in a very small apartment building. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, eomma-nim." I said with a slight smile while groaning to stand up. 

"Breakfast is ready. We only have left over bread and rice porridge ready." She said while standing up to go to the kitchen which was no less than 20 steps away from where I was sleeping. We lived in a very poor estate. Our living room was also our bedroom, our kitchen was also our eating place. 

"Yahhhh, Aria. Your food is over there hands off mine!" My brother, Yang Soohyun said as we approached the area in which I was also at and sat down, chuckling. My brother was a very tall, slender, guy. He had a very dominant nose and pale skin. The most unique thing about him? His right eye is brown and his left is blue. He attained each from our parents. My father, Yang Kang Chil, was also a very tall, pale, slender man with dark black wavy hair. Me? Oh yes. My name is Yang Aria. I am 18 years old, a sienor at Cheonga Acadamy. I have longish black hair filled with nothing but splitends, china bangs, and pale skin. We are a wealthy looking but poor family.

"Eomma, appa, can I please not go to school today? I feel like this isn't going to be a good day." I pleaded with those large brown puppy eyes.

"Yah, Yang Aria. Your father and I had to pull so many strings for you to even be able to attend school. Be thankful." My mother said in a very stern matter.

Cheonga Academy was a school for the underprivelged and low income students. In other words, a school for poor kids. Harsh as it sounds, that was exactly it. The school was only one story tall, with about 8 homerooms and an estimated 100 students. It was going to be my first day as a seinor there. 

"Arrasso everyone, eat up. The porridge is getting cold. Aria, when you're done hurry and get dressed."

"Arrasso, appa." I said in the most uninterested voice that still hoped to get school off.

 

7:15AM *loud buzzing school bell rang indicating the start of class*

"Goodmorning class. I hope you all had a great break. As seinors, it only gets harder from here if you want to even dream of attending a University." Mrs. Kang said in a very strict tone.

Mrs.Kang was a very beautiful women. Her hair was a light brown long to her stomach. Her lashes, long, skin pale to tanish, always wearing beautiful clothes. Some of us wondered why she even dreamt of choosing this job as her ideal career. Though, Mrs.Kang was beautiful, she despised a lot of her students, especially those who never really payed attention. As for me, we got along well. I was probably the only one she didn't hate. Well me and my best freinds, Im Ji Na and Han Ji Min. We call Im Ji Na simply NANA, and Han Ji Min, Jimin. We go way back. They used to live in the same apartment building as us, but their parents moved to a little more spacious one though they were still considered "underprivelaged". 

"AH! Nana-shiii, Jimin-shii, na bogoshipda!!!" I squealed at the sight of them when I walked in late. 

"Ariaaaaaaa-shi! na too bogoshipda!!" Both Nana and Jimin screamed.

"Why are you late on your first day Aria? Aigooo, go sit down." Mrs.Kang said to me as she winked signaling a hello. (She didnt play favorites in from of the class)

"chwesoamnida, Mrs.Kang." I said as a smile slightly curved onto my lips. 

9:00AM

"Aria-shi, the main office needs to see you."

"Me? Oh." 

In the main office, in front of Principal Lee.

"Yang Aria." Principal Lee simply said, but with that you knew crammed lots of hesitation. "I'm so sorry." He said while shaking his head side to side.

I honestly had no clue what Principal Lee was trying to say. Why was he hesitating? Why is he apologizing? 

"I don't know how to tell you this."

"Tell me what?"

"I just received news that your parents...."

And with that, my heart sank.

"...wh...what...what about my parents?"

"They were involved in a 8 car accident, and is in major conditions at Shinwa Medical Hospital. You are released from school to go. I'm so sorry, Aria." And there he went with the head shaking again.

Within that moment, tears flowed without a motive to stop. My eyes started clouding, my body going numb filled with disbelief. So many things ran through my mind. This was impossible we were poor. How could my parents had afforded a car? Did they even know how to drive? Without hesitation, I darted for Shinwa Hospital, though I had no clue where the hell it was. I just needed to leave, I needed something to help release this excrutiating pain of disbelief. 

When I arrived the sight was a hell itself. You saw grandparents, parents, kids, crying nonstop. Roughly ten ambulences, nurses and doctors running back and forth from one patient on a gurney to the next. Inside was worst. I saw so many wounded people ranging from kids to adults fighting for their lives. It looked like a bloodshed war had just happened.

"I'm looking for Yang Yuri and Yang Kang Chil. Please hurry." I said in a very urgent tone, while hoping that no one at this hospital was admitted with that name and that this was just a false alarm.

"Ah, yes here we are. Room 234. They're currently in surgery right now though, you can go to the waiting area outside their room. And I'm so sorry." 

The woman was nice and I felt bad for having to rush her, but my parent's lives were on the line. So I quickly thanked her and left to Room 234.

While I was waiting outside my parent's room trembling, not thinking straight with my heart about to explode, I never knew I could let out this much tear. I then realized. My brother. Why wasn't Soohyun here, sitting next to me worrying about the life of our parents? Why wasn't Soohyun the one here taking care of these hospital matters? Why wasn't Soohyun here to tell me that mom and dad is going to be okay? Did he not recieve the news yet? Impossible. He would've been the first one they've contacted. Did he-- I was cut off when I noticed a tall man with a very white coat approach me.

"Ms.Yang Aria?" The doctor  said.

"Yes, that's me. Are my parents going to be okay? How badly injured are they?"

"Ms.Aria, you are your parent's daughter correct?"

"Yeah..."

"Ms.Aria-shi, with all the people that were invloved in this accident, only both your parents suffered dramatic blow the the head. I'm afraid that this surgery was not successful."

"So Doctor Yoo, are you saying that everyone invloved in this 8 car accident survived, but..but, but my parents are the only ones that died?"

"Yes."