Chapter 2

For Us, A Million. The World, Zero.

No, no, no. This can't be. Why are they lying to me? My parents had fighting spirit, their strengths were impeccable. But with that simple yes from the doctor was enough to kill me. I slowly sunk to the ground, shaking my head back and forth. If anything, the doctors could've thought I turned into a lunatic. But who wouldn't when your most beloved supporters -died. The doctor apologized to me as he left, probably devastated as well. 

I was lost in words, anything that anyone said would not make me feel in any way okay. All I needed and wanted was for Soohyun to rush through those hospital doors and embrace me. Share with me the pain of having to find out that with this major car accident only our parents, OUR PARENTS, died. I sat on the ground with my head buried in my hands. Tears that now I was used to flowing so recklessly all over my face. Before the doctor had left he said that I could go into the morge to see my parents and say any last few words. Honestly, I didn't know if I should. I failed my duty as a daughter to protect my parents at all cost. But after an hour of moping on the hospital ground, I gathered enough courage to go. 

I was wrong to walk in there, because here came the tears again. I didn't want to accept the fact that they were really no longer in this world with me and I wasn't sure if I'd ever see them in another lifetime. I didn't want to believe that the people who worked their butts off to make a living for me and Soohyun, laid right in front of me. I didn't want to believe that the only people who cared enough about my existence and gave birth to me, lay dead. 

"Eomma, appa. This is your only daughter Aria-shi. Why didn't you let me stay home today? What happened? How can you two be so cruel and leave me alone in this world? You must be relieved. Not living in a poor estate anymore. But how do you expect me to live on? It's my last year as a sienor! Everyone's going to have their parents carressing them, embracing them. And me? God knows where Soohyun is. Eomma! Who is going to help me find my wedding dress? Who's going to help me when I have boy problems? I haven't even had time to grow up. Appa! Who's going to try to scare my boyfriend, husband away? Who's going to walk me down my aisle?" 

And I slowly broke. With each word came a tear. I knew this was a bad idea, but God it felt so good to let everything out. After saying everything I wanted, I looked at them. Not breathing. My mother looked even more pale than she already was. My father, still looked handsome as ever. But the thing that killed me, was not the fact that they left me and Soohyun alone. But because when I looked down, their hands carressed each other. 

"On that surgery table, your parents were both losing an equal amount of blood. Your father forced us to give all of what's left in his body to give to your mother. Though it didn't keep her permantely alive, it kept her living for 10 more minutes after your father passed first. And with that, your mother gripped his hand with his last few moments." Doctor Yoo said, in a impressed, yet depressed tone to me.

With a few awkward minutes that past, he then said to me.

"Ms.Aria, someone named Yang Soohyun wanted me to give this to you."

In a heartbeat, I took it and read it: 

"My dearest baby sister Aria, 

I am sure you have now heard of our parents passing. I can not explain much of what happened. There are reporters surrounding our home, do not go home tonight. Before mom left us, she told me we had an aunt. An aunt! She will be taking you in. As for me, I left. Do not worry for me. I left. Take care, I will come to find you one day. As for now, study hard.

Oppa, is sorry.

Love, 

Yang Soohyun."