Chapter 3

For Us, A Million. The World, Zero.

I left Shinwa's Medical Hospital holding back my tears, never having a motive to return ever again. 

The fresh air felt nice and crisp against my skin, as I felt like I was in a living hell there. It seems like a majority of my life was spent crying. I arrived at this isolated lake, surrounded by trees. It was quite a sight. The lake was just the perfect amount of temperature. The trees were a beautiful shade of green and my goodness were they tall. The ducks, and fishes swimming minding their own buisness. 

"Wow, even the ducks and fishes ignore my existence."

This was what I needed. A moment, a place to escape the world of reality. As I tried gathering my thoughts, my eyes clouded with a manifest of tears as I slowly started losing my mind. 

"Eomma, appa. This is your only daughter, Aria." 

And I choked on my words. I had so many things to say that was just not coming out. No matter how basic it was, I couldn't say it.

"Eomma, appa. This is your only daughter, Aria again. Confused and lonely. Soohyun you bastard. How can you become such a coward. Leaving your younger sister. How can you all just leave me? In this scary world. Alone. I haven't even finished high school. Who's going to help motivate me to strive? Who's going to regulate me? How do I continue to live?"

And it must have been a dream because I saw my parents. Standing. In front of me. 

"My dear Aria, I'm so sorry."

I never thought I hear that voice again. That soft delicate, soothing, comforting tone. The one that always reassured me from everything. The one that made me feel safe, even if the outside world wasn't. 

"...eomm....eomma?...appa?"

"My dearest, Aria. We're so sorry you had to experience something like this. We didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"What happened? Please tell me this isn't a dream."

"We don't have much time---"

"Time for what? Where are you going? Eomma!"

"Yah, listen Yang Aria. You must pack your stuff and return to Shinwa and wait for your aunt right now."

"Why? I want to stay here with you. Take me with you, eomma, appa. I don't want to stay here alone."

"Aria, darling, if you love us, you must go back to Shinwa before you miss your aunt. You must go. We entrust her with your care."

"Eomma, appa. I don't want to! I want to be with you! TAKE ME WITH YOU PLEASE!"

"YANG ARIA, YOU NEED TO GO! She will be there soon! As your mother, you must listen to me!"

"Eomma, appa. I can't. Soohyun is still here. somewhere. I can't leave without him."

"Aria, Soohyun will be fine. I promise."

"Eomma, appa. Please, don't do this."

"Aria, go."

And I looked into the sadness of their eyes again as they were slowly starting to fade. 

I woke up, startled. I searched the whole area for my parents whom have already decended into the heavens of the earth, probably relieved from pain and sadness. I sighed a heavy sigh and left the beautiful pond, looking back at the memories it gave me within an hour worth of time span. I was headed somewhere but not Shinwa's Medical Hospital, I had one more stop. I snuck through the bathroom window which happened to be unlocked into my old apartment. "Oh, Soohyun." I thought to myself. I took a bag and packed mostly family pictures, one or two articles of clothings since that's most of what I really had, and my school uniform. Then I took one last look. This was never a house to me, but a home. As trashy and shabby as this little apartment was, it kept most of me and my family alive. So many memories came rushing back. Soohyun's 10th birthday where we couldn't afford cake so we had to use a donut that the manager gave us. Or the time when we reenacted the day my parent's met. So many memories, so little time we had.

"This will always be where the heart of the Yang residence." I said taking one last look before I dashed out the windows trying to avoid papparazzi "so that's what Soohyun meant." Then I headed west where Shinwa's Medical Hospital was. I decided to go with my aunt. Why did I decide to go? Because as much as that dream was sad, it gave me reassurance that my family is going to be okay, that I am going to be okay.

I hesitated entering Shinwa at first, but it up if I wanted to survive in this world. 

"Omo, omo, omo. Yang Aria?!"

A tall, beautiful lady stood ahead, facing me. She was even more beautiful than Teacher Kang. My goodness, I guess good looks run in the family. She had long black hair, pale skin, her eyes a beautiful blue, her nose was very dominant and tall, her lips small. Her clothes were so gorgeous. She looked like a top notch model. 

"Yang Aria, aigooo. I'm so, so, so sorry my dear child." 

You could smell her beauty tens of feet away, but upclose she smelt even more amazing. Her fragrance that lingered on me after she had given me a reassuring hug. Her beauty had blinded me from reality. But, I snapped back. 

"Aunt?"

"Yes, yes. I'm your aunt. Call me, Aunt Sora, darling."

"Aunt Sora?"

I was still dumbfounded, not by her beauty anymore but reality. Who was this lady claiming to be my aunt? 

"Aria-shi, is it okay if I call you Aria-shi? 

"Yes, of course. Aunt Sora."

"I see,you knew I was coming to get you. Soohyun must have left a note or something. You are moving in with me."

"Eodie?"

"Seoul."