Search

Love and Reality

Luhan couldn't stop staring at Sehun's sleeping face. His perfectly pale cheeks, the soft sounds that escaped his lips, the way his adam's apple moved with every breath he took... In Luhan's round, sparkling eyes all of the above were fascinating. In fact, he found the half boy that was lying next to him so fascinating that he had barely slept all night.

He had dreamed of that scene for so long, ever since he first saw Sehun in his class. He seemed like a loner with no friends but Luhan couldn't forget the enchanting aura he had, the way he made everyone around him uncomfortable with a simple cold stare. That was when he made his decision; that boy had to be his.

And after months of forced friendship (Sehun wasn't exactly easy to talk to), late studying sessions and hard work, he finally made it. The tall boy was in his bed, blissfully snoring, anaware of Luhan's unlimited happiness. 

As Sehun was finally waking up, hangover and confused, Luhan placed his palm on the boy's jawline and tenderly his cheek with his delicate fingers.

"Good morning, sleepyhead", he whispered with a warm smile.

"I am confused", Sehun replied and tried to get off Luhan's pastel pink pillow but the intense headache was unbearable. After rubbing his temples and blinking several times he realized that getting up wasn't such a good idea.

His lost expression made Luhan chuckle and kiss the tip of his nose lightly. Sehun reeked of alcohol but he didn't mind; he had been dreaming of this moment for months and nothing could ruin it. "Allow me to refresh your memory", he finally said. "Last night you suddenly called me and asked me if you could spend the night here. But you were already drunk when you came here and you kept talking about your boyfriend and how the two of you broke up-..."

Sehun jolted up in the speed of light, pushing the blankets aside and exposing his bare chest. "Tao and I broke up?!". The mixture of shock and desperation in his eyes made Luhan's smile disappear. His perfect moment was about to be ruined and he had to stop that from happening at all costs.

"Yes, baby. He left you. That's what you told me. And then-...", he immediately added when he noticed that Sehun was about to stand up, "This happened". Without any further explanations, he grabbed Sehun's chin and smacked their lips together, forcing him into a messy kiss until the other pushed him away. Sehun didn't care about the headache anymore; his top priority was to stand up and get away from the boy in front of him.

"Did we...?", Sehun had difficulties catching his breath as if he had ran a thousand miles, "I mean...", he nervously glanced at Luhan, then the bed and then Luhan again. "Did we?"

The short boy with the cotton candy hair tilted his head and smiled innocently.

"No, our clothes magically disappeared. Of course we did, silly!". Luhan took advantage of how completely dumbfounded and vulnerable Sehun was to pull him back on his bed. "And if I may add", he purred, "it was wonderful".

 

                                                                         ______________________

 

When Tao opened his eyes he was still lying on the couch, the lights were still on (even though they were no longer needed since the sunlight was more than enough to do their job) and the apartment was still a mess. No Sehun, no missed calls, no note. The blond boy stood up, glanced at the door one final time and heaved a long sigh.

He started to tidy things mechanically in an effort to distract himself but he realized he should stop when he caught himself storing the sofa pillows in the bedroom's closet. After quickly glancing at the mirror he decided to call Baekhyun; his reflection scared the hell out of him. He looked like a zombie; his already dark circles were even darker, making him look like an actual panda, his hair were so messy that reminded him of a birds' nest and his eyes were red as if he hadn't slept for years (that's what hours of crying does to you). He had to take some action before the zombie effect kicked in since he didn't want to aimlessly walk up and down the apartment all day, waiting for Sehun to return.

"Baekhyun?", his voiced sounded strange so he cleared his throat before continuing, "Is Sehun with you?".

"Good morning to you too", Baekhyun didn't bother to hide his annoyance; he wasn't a morning type and Tao had obviously woken him up. "Now bye".

"No, wait!", Tao nearly shouted in order to stop the other from hanging up, "Please tell me that Sehun is sleeping on your sofa".

"Of course he isn't, you tard. I was sleeping on my sofa until you oh-so-kindly woke me up. Really, is a good day's sleep too much to ask for a hard working bartender as myself?".

The question was probably rhetorical since Baekhyun hang up without waiting for Tao to reply. "That dwarf can be so ing rude", he mumbled furiously as he was typing Kyungsoo's number.

The number you called...

Well, at least he knew for sure where dwarf number two was. Kyungsoo only turned his phone off while working at the bakery as the cashier because he thought that answering calls while handing cookies to mothers and their five year old kids was 'disrespectful towards the customers'. However, when he was baking, he didn't mind being disrespectful towards his friends by not picking up because apparently baking is 'one of the greatest arts that should never be interrupted'.

Tao wasn't having a nice morning; his boyfriend had disappeared, his apartment looked like a hurricane had passed last night and his 'friends' didn't give a damn. Well, he thought as he was putting on his shoes, I'll ing force them to care.

Kyungsoo was working at a small bakery that was owned by the sweetest old lady in the entire world. The story of how he got the job is pretty short and weird, just like Kyungsoo himself. He would stop by that bakery every single morning for months but he'd never buy anything; he'd help the owner open the store, he'd carry anything heavy in order to protect her fragile waist and sometimes, he'd even help the customers pick the best muffins, even though he had never tasted any of them.

So when the owner finally asked him why he would go through all that trouble every morning his reply was all it took to get him hired.

"I'm getting a first taste of what my future will be like, when I'll have my own bakery".

Tao once found his response motivational and in a way, romantic but now, as he watched him waving and smiling at kids who were already fighting over who could get the chocolate chipped cookie, he thought of it as nothing more than stupid. He was doing the exact same thing as he did back then only now, he was getting paid for it, something he could have done from the start.

Plus, the bakery was ridiculously small and the only people working there was himself and the owner, who thought it'd be a good idea for them to regularly switch spots from baker to cashier so that neither of them would get bored of doing the same thing all the time (strangely enough, it had worked).

"Hey, Kyungs-...", Tao started saying but the short boy didn't let him finish his greeting.

"If you're not buying anything, I'm not wasting time on you".

Tao snorted and rolled his eyes. "Imagine how things would be if the owner had told you that".

"Completely different situations".

"Do explain".

"Okay, let me put it this way; unless you're planning on leaving retail and pursue your dream of baking the tastiest red velvet cake in the world, I'm not wasting time on you".

Tao was about to think of a good comeback but Kyungsoo had already made himself busy by talking to a woman about the frosting on her son's birthday cake.

Inhale. "Sehun is missing". Exhale.

"...so if the filling is-... What?". Tao finally managed to capture Kyungsoo's attention whose eyes were now two big, concerned question marks. "Excuse me", he politely pushed the woman aside and approached Tao. "What do you mean 'missing'? Isn't he at home?".

"Do you know the meaning of the word 'missing'? No, he's not at home". Tao was a little bit surprised of how uninformed everyone was since every time him and Sehun had one of their legendary fights, the news spread like wildfire but he was also starting to get impatient. "Isn't he at your place?".

It was Kyungsoo's turn to roll his eyes. "Yeah, that's why I'm so surprised, because I'm hiding Sehun under my bed".

"I don't think you should sleep over at Baekhyun's ever again, his sass is getting to you", Tao mumbled. He was unable to put his thoughts in an order that made sense so he had decided to simply speak his mind, no matter how stupid it made him seem.

"Baekhyun!", Kyungsoo gasped, "He could be sleeping there!".

"No, I checked". Tao was now nervously biting his fingernails, something that made the mom standing a few feet away whisper something about disgusting habits. Thankfully, Kyungsoo's I'm-going-to-kill-you stare was enough to not only shut her up but also force her to leave. Finally, the other thought, still biting his nails, he's becoming useful.

"I guess I have no choice then", the short man sighed. "After Chanyeol's call last night I suspected that something was wrong but I didn't want to get involved. That's obviously not an option anymore so I've decided".

"Decided what?".

Kyungsoo smiled as he recalled Jongin's words from last night.

"I'll solve the case".

 

                                                                                _______________________

 

Baekhyun kept changing sides after Tao's call until he nearly fell off the couch and decided to give up. He wasn't going to fall asleep so he might as well try to figure out what that was all about. And he knew exactly who to talk to; the one who started the whole "what's up with Sehun" game, his one and only boyfriend, Chanyeol.

"Good morning baby!". Chanyeol just walked into the living room with a warm cup of coffee making Baekhyun think that his timing was ridiculously good. "You're up early today!", the tall man continued and after sitting on the floor right in front of him, he gave him a peck on the lips.

"My breath stinks", Baekhyun mumbled, still dizzy from his sleep and rubbed his eyes, smudging last night's eyeliner.

"I don't care", Chanyeol's smile was bright as always and it was the only thing that could cure Baekhyun's short temper. "Do you want some coffee? I'll go make some more". Baekhyun managed to grab his wrist just on time since Chanyeol was already up and ready to head back in the kitchen.

"Yeah, before that...".

"Hmm?". Chanyeol didn't sit back down; he stood still in front of his boyfriend with a raised brow and a playful grin. "Baek, do you want to... ?"

The boy with the dirty blond curls smacked Chanyeol's stomach and forced him to sit on the couch, almost spilling his coffee. "No, you stupid giant! I mean-", he added as soon as he noticed Chanyeol's puppy dog eyes looking at him all hurt, "Not now. I wanted to ask about Sehun".

The boy ruffled his short black hair and tilted his head in confusion. "What about him?"

"I don't know, you tell me!", Baekhyun was starting to lose his cool again so Chanyeol made sure to bring him back on reality with another sweet peck on the lips and thankfully, it worked.

"Why don't you start over?", the tall boy asked softly with his deep voice and Baekhyun heaved a sigh.

"Tao called me a few minutes ago, asking if I knew where Sehun was and I remembered that you were asking about Sehun last night as well. So do you know what's going on?".

"Well, Tao and Sehun had a big fight or something last night but I thought everything would have been solved by now... Wait", Chanyeol's eyes suddenly opened wide, like he had seen a ghost. "Does that mean that Sehun is missing? No, listen to me!", he protested when he noticed that Baekhyun was about to argue with him, "I called Kyungsoo as well last night and guess what, he didn't know anything either! So Tao and I concluded that he was probably back to their apartment but if he's calling everyone, asking where Sehun is then that's definitely not the case!".

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol who was frantically moving his hands while talking and he had to admit; he had a point. If Sehun wasn't at home then where could he be?

At that moment both of their phones buzzed and they couldn't help but glance at each other nervously.

"It's from Kyungsoo", Chanyeol said and showed Baekhyun his phone's screen.

"Mine too".

They silently read the text with the instructions Kyungsoo had sent to each of them before standing up and getting dressed. When they were ready to start their missions Chanyeol stopped right in front of the door and smiled nostalgically.

"What is it?", Baekhyun asked even though he was pretty sure he knew. The rush of adrenaline, the excitement and even the concern whether they'd able to complete their mission successfully, it all reminded him of old times. He had nearly forgotten how alive he felt back then, when all they cared about was having fun and playing pranks.

"It just... It reminds me of high school, you know?".

Baekhyun nodded and as he was opening the door he couldn't help letting out a small shout.

"Let's do this!"

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: OHORAT for finally finishing this chapter, the proofreading killed me TT^TT

For those who have read the prequel, did anyone notice a pattern here? Hint: it has to do with Baekhyun. It's actually a meaningless small detail but I'm still wondering if anyone noticed it, hehe~

Comments, subscriptions and upvotes are greatly appreciated!