Closure and Beginning of a new chapter.. Hopefully. :>

True Love

 

 

He held her hand and whispered to her, "Go find Kyuhyun."

***

                There were a lot of people at the party and made it difficult for her to find Kyuhyun. Yong Hwa noticed that Joo Hyun was having a hard time so he also looked for Kyuhyun and he found him. He was talking to one of his good friends, Jong Hyun.

Joo Hyun saw him too. Kyuhyun…. She took a step and stopped when she saw that a beautiful pregnant woman was beside Kyuhyun. It was Choi Sooyoung, his wife. She wasn’t feeling mad or jealous but she does not want Sooyoung to know who she is. She was hesitating to talk to them when some held her hand. It was Yong Hwa. She looked at him with a puzzled, confused face and he looked at her and smiled. “Let’s go.”

***

“Kyuhyun!”, He called Kyuhyun as he tapped his back. “It’s been a long time.”

Joo Hyun was still holding Yong Hwa’s hand and she was hiding at his back. Am I really ready for this?

“Oh. Yong Hwa! It’s nice seeing you. I couldn’t get in touch with you since you have a lot of projects.”, Kyuhyun said.

“Yeah. I’m quite busy these days.”

Jong Hyun noticed that someone was hiding behind Yong Hwa and he looked closer and saw.. “Joo Hyun-ah!”

Joo Hyun shows herself and smiled.

“Yah!”, Jong Hyun started teasing Yong Hwa. “You two are so fast. You’re even holding hands.”

Kyuhyun and Sooyoung looked at the lady. Kyuhyun had his eyes widened but controlled himself since his wife is beside him.

Sooyoung looked excited and said, “Yong Hwa! I didn’t know you have a girlfriend.”

Kyuhyun wasn’t saying anything. He looked anxious but tried his best to interact with them. Joo Hyun was not being affected at all. It’s been eight long years and her goal right now was breaking the wall between her and Kyuhyun.

“This is Seo Joo Hyun. She is my date for tonight.”

                Jong Hyun excused himself since he saw Yoona.

“So, Joo Hyun. What do you do?”, Sooyoung asked to loosen up the awkwardness she’s feeling.

“I’m a writer.”, she said. Kyuhyun married a nice lady.

“That’s good. I’ve always wanted to be a writer but my teacher said otherwise.”

                Yong Hwa wanted Kyuhyun and Joo Hyun to talk so he asked Kyuhyun if he can borrow Sooyoung for a moment. He whispered to Sooyoung that he wants her to help him prepare an event for Joo Hyun. (He just made it up so that Kyuhyun and Joo Hyun can talk.) Sooyoung felt excited and she immediately grabs Yong Hwa away from Joo Hyun. Joo Hyun on the other hand was puzzled. Now, she was left with Kyuhyun.

“So, how are you?”, Joo Hyun asked.

“I’m fine. You?”

“I’m great.”, she answered enthusiastically. “I hope you aren’t uncomfortable.”

Joo Hyun was expecting Kyuhyun’s reaction. He looks uncomfortable and wasn’t happy at all.

“You wanna sit down and talk over there?”, he asked and pointing to the VIP room. “It’s quiet there.

“Sure.”, Joo Hyun was shocked hearing him say that. Looks like Kyuhyun wants to talk to it.

They sat down and Kyuhyun started to talk. “You’re dating Yong Hwa?”

“No. We’re just close friends.”

--silence—

“Your wife is really pretty.”, she said.

“Thank you.”, he replied.

--silence—

Joo Hyun can’t take it anymore so she started to talk. “Kyuhyun-ah. I’m sorry.”

He looked at her and asked, “Why are you sorry? You haven’t done anything. I should be the one to say sorry.”

“I’m sorry because I gave you a hard time during the 4 years we’ve been together. And Yes, you should say sorry too.”

He chuckled and said, “I gave a bad reason didn’t I?”

“Yeah. A very hurtful reason. I’m just curious though, what was your reason?”

He looked down and said, “Joo Hyun-ah. It was all in the past.”

“But I wanna know why. I just want to break the wall between us.”

He didn’t say anything..

“Please Kyuhyun. It’ll give me peace of mind.”

He looked at her and, “I broke up with you because I want you to have a life without me.”

“a life without you?”

“Yes. Ever since highschool, either you hang out with me or with Hyoyeon. It’s either we’re together or you’re with your family. There are a lot of people whom you can meet but you weren’t able to do so because we’re spending some time together. But Joo Hyun-ah. Don’t get me wrong. I broke up with you because I loved you. I just want you to see and open your doors to other things. I thought that may be if I wasn’t around, you’ll be active with extracurricular activities or you’ll be hanging out with your other friends. I believed in fate and that if we’re meant to be then we can back together in the future but I met Sooyoung and fell in love.  I know that it hurt you but hopefully it made you stronger. It was all for you, Joo Hyun-ah. You may not believe me but that’s the truth.”

                Joo Hyun felt happy hearing Kyuhyun’s true reason why he broke up with her.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun-ah. I’m really thankful. It really did make me stronger and I’m happy for you.”

“I hope the wall is already broken.”, he answered.

“It is.”, she said.

***

                The party was over and everybody was getting ready to go home. Joo Hyun had a blast because not only did she met celebrities but she finally had closed a hanging chapter of her life. She and Kyuhyun along with Sooyoung exchanged numbers and they offered her to have dinner sometime in their house. She gladly accepts it.

Yong Hwa was driving while Joo Hyun sat comfortably at the passenger seat.

“Looks like you had fun.”

“Sure did. Thank you so much, Yong Hwa-ah.”

“Yong Hwa-ah? That’s a first.”

She chuckled and said, “Can we stop by at the playground near my apartment?”

“You still wanna bond with me, huh?”, he teasingly said.

She’s starting to understand Yong Hwa’s jokes and she joined in, “Omo. How did you know that?”

***

She sat on the swing and Yong Hwa sat on the other swing. The sky was bright because of the stars and everything seemed so peaceful.

“Yong~~~”, she uttered.

“Yong?”, he gazed at her. “am I a dragon?”

She smiles and said, “Nope. You’re my genie and angel.”

He grinned and stood up. He pushed Joo Hyun’s swing. “Why am I your genie?”

“Because.. You’re unintentionally making my every wish come true.”

“and I’m also your angel?”

“Yes! Because you’re always there for me?”

Joo Hyun stood up and turned to Yong Hwa. His smile looks like he is in cloud nine. Joo Hyun smiled back as well and moved closer to him. She then hugged him.

“Yong~~! Thank you so much.”

He hugged her back. “Don’t thank me. I didn’t do it to be thanked.”

***

They arrived at her apartment. It was already 3:23am.

“Hyun-ah.”, he whispered to Joo Hyun who was quietly asleep. He doesn’t want to wake her up but he has to. “Hyun-ah.”, he says it louder.

Joo Hyun slowly opened her eyes. “We’re here?”

“Yeah. You should go up.”

“Aren’t you coming?”, she asked.

“Me? Coming? It’s not my house.”

“But it’s late. Will it be alright if you’ll sleep in the living room?”

***

Hyun brought out pillows and a blanket for Yong Hwa. She also took out a loose jogging pants and shirt for Yong Hwa.

“Why do you have this kind of clothing.”

“Oh. It’s not mine. It’s Eun Hyuk oppa’s.”, she answered casually.

“Eun Hyuk oppa? Who is he? I’m not wearing this!”, he jealously said.

“Yah. He’s Hyoyeon eonni’s brother. Wear those. It’s comfy. Okay?”

He nodded.

“Good night!”

***

                Joo Hyun woke up. Her head was hurting due to lack of sleep but she has to get up to make Yong Hwa breakfast. She took a quick bath and got herself tidy and went out of her room. She was surprised seeing Yong Hwa in the kitchen and the living room was cleaned up.

“Yong is up so early.. Why?”, she happily said to him.

“I wanted to make you breakfast. It’s my way of thanking you because you let me sleep here.”

“Wow. Really? Thank You. I’m touched.”

“Good. Now, since you’re touched. I have to go. I have a schedule today.”

She was starting to munch her food when Yong Hwa kissed her forehead and said, “Goodbye!”

“Yah!”

***

                Hyoyeon’s workshop was done and so she returned back to their apartment. Joo Hyun was making herself busy by continuing drafting her latest novel. Her mother often visits her. Well, not really often but every day.  It has been two weeks since the party and she never heard anything from Yong Hwa. Not even once.

Hyoyeon entered her room and, “Joo Hyun-ah, how come I haven’t seen Yong Hwa with you?”

Joo Hyun removed her glasses and looked at Hyoyeon, “Maybe he’s just busy.”

“Maybe? You’re not even sure?”

“I’m not his girlfriend so I don’t really ask what he’s up to. Why do you have many questions eonni?”, she was starting to be irritated.

“Chill Joo Hyun. I’m just curious. The last time I was here, he was everywhere. It feels kinda empty now.”

Joo Hyun didn’t respond and continued what she was doing.

                She opened a new window on her laptop and started to type.

                “Yes. I do feel empty. He has always been there for the past few weeks. Now he doesn’t even contact me. Was he was just playing this whole time? Why am I doing this? Why do I even care? Never mind.”

She was feeling frustrated when..

Hyoyeon calls “Joo Hyun-ah!!!!!~ Come! Quick.”

Joo Hyun immediately rushed to the living room and saw news about Yong Hwa on TV.

                --Jung Yong Hwa was recently spotted at a coffee shop in Ilsan with his co-star Kim Tae Yeon. Rumors have it that the two are more than just friends. Jung Yong Hwa’s agency released a statement earl….—*click*

“Joo Hyun-ah! I was watching that.”

“Why watch that if you can just ask him directly!”, she then went to her room and looked for her handyphone.

***

“Yoboseyo?”

“yah. Jung Yong Hwa. Is it true? You’re dating Kim Tae Yeon.”, she said it so fast as if she is rapping.

…..

 

OMG.OMG. I'm YongSeo spazzing right now. still can't get over with their whisper moment in China and the recent radio interview of Hyun. :">  Can they just please tell us that YongSeo is REAL. <3