One Question

broken twin souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was the beginning of September when things started to get rough for us. It was the time I could barely see you because of the activities I had with my business. It could have been my fault for not being always there behind the scenes—rehearsing our performances with you and helping you. But you all knew I always tried my very best to be there. To make the best music with you, for our fans, to make them happy and satisfied by working hard together and most importantly, making memories with you on our last years before we all decide to settle down and go on our own ways. But it all ended on that particular day you all called for me.

I woke up early today than usual. Phillip is still lying by my side, fast asleep. I got out of bed, careful not to wake him up. I decided to make their breakfast today since it’s been too long I haven’t made breakfast for them.

“Oh, Madam, you’re awake early. Is there something wrong? A bad dream, perhaps?” Our maid asked me as I entered the kitchen.

“No..I just woke earlier than I always been. By the way, I decided to make the breakfast for today. You can go on your other work in the house. You can leave me here in the kitchen.” I answered.

“But, it’s my job to do that, Madam…Would that be fine? You’re paying me to do those things. I just can’t let you do that alone.”

“It is fine, Mrs. Lee. I just want to cook for them today. Please let me.” I replied to Mrs. Lee  with a reassuring smile on my face.

I had the whole morning to myself cooking for my husband and kids. It feels good to cook for them after a long time. I made everyone’s favorite breakfast and God knows I only hoped they would appreciate my cooking today.

Even though Phillip is surprised that I was able to wake up that early and make breakfast for them, I am happy to see my husband’s content smile and hear my children’s compliment with the breakfast I made for them and as well as the packed lunch I made.

The morning passed by just like that. I soon got myself ready for work. It’s Monday and it would probably be traffic so I left home as soon as I could. But then, I didn’t know I would still be stuck in the traffic. With being stuck, I slowly remembered that particular day.

The wind is blowing really hard that day, hard and cold it feels like it is winter already when autumn is just about to start. Something feels odd and I can’t help but feel scared and anxious, adding to that when my phone rang just as when I’m about to leave the house to meet my sister. I hurriedly looked up to see who might be calling. It’s Tiffany. I nervously answered the phone. “Oh, Pany-ah, why did you call? Is there something wrong?” I said those words as if everything’s been going well even though I know something is wrong with my relationship with them these past few months. That in reality, our relationship is going downstream faster than the currents of that of a river when a storm is passing through.

“Sica-ya, can you come by the company now? The other girls and I think that we have something to talk about.” Tiffany replied.

I answered, “Ah, I’m about to meet Soojung though. What is it that you want to talk about?”

“Just come here as fast as you could, please.” Tiffany answered impassively.

Just as Tiffany sounded like she doesn’t want to explain anything further and just said to me to come by fast, it even made me feel like I’ve been walking on wires every second of my life from that moment.

I called Krystal to let her know I cannot meet up with her anymore. I also told her how I feel uncomfortable with  my last conversation with Tiffany.

“Soojung-ah, this is Sica unnie. I’m sorry I don’t think I can make it. Tiffany and

Please log in to read the full chapter