Where everything started

broken twin souls
Please log in to read the full chapter

IT had been 10 years. The last time we saw each other, the last time we talked and the last time we even exchanged glances. Our parting had all left us in shambles and of course in great pain. The years we’ve all spent together were one of the priceless and most memorable we had as we always say. That when we will be able to have our own family, it is one of the first things we would want our children to know. But all of that had been blown by a single incident I never knew someone like you who have been so dear to me could do such thing. And for that, as we have crossed our path for the first time today, I didn’t know what to do and even feel as I saw you after a long time. For as I arrived home and was welcomed by my own family, I simply went to a daze. Back in the old times when we were still elementary school girls, training right after school and almost living in the company but always a group of nine friends chasing the same dream.

Christmas is coming. Snow, mistletoes, christmas trees and Santa Claus are also coming. This year, my parents decided to spend Christmas in their home country. I was actually born and raised in the States along with my little sister so going and probably staying for quite some time for the holidays in another country might be hard for us. But as soon as we arrived, it was nothing but like home too. The coldness that ruled the day was outweighed by the warmness by the people I met.

The next day, my family decided to shop for things. We then went to a department store and while my sister and I are permitted to roam around, suddenly, a strange man came up to us saying, “Where is your Mom?” As much as my sister and I were scared and wanted to run away, we led the stranger to meet our parents in the restaurant.

The stranger and my parents started talking and I don’t even know what are they talking about. It is indeed some good news what the stranger had brought us. It is because as soon as the stranger left, my mom was so happy to tell me and my sister that we got scouted. “Jessica, you and your little sister Krystal had just been scouted! That man is from a well-known agency in the entertainment industry and he told me that if you would like to and if your dad and I will permit you, you could be casted! Your dad and I haven’t actually talked about it but let’s just all talk about it when we get home.” Mom’s word had left me dumbfounded. What? Scouted? What does that even mean? Does it mean I have the chance of being a celebrity? A singer?

As soon as we got home, my parents have discussed what had just happened. My sister and I are left to play with each other while waiting for them to finish their discussion. While playing with Krystal, many things have been through my head. If mom and dad would allow me, would I go to be casted? Would I seize the opportunity?

There are still many things going in my head when our parents called our attention. They have finally decided. “Jessica, your dad and I decided to let you if you would like to audition in the company since you could be old enough for it. You’re 11 now after all so we think you could handle all the trainings given to you. But your little sister Krystal shouldn’t be allowed for now. She’s still young for those being only 6. She could audition in the company later on when she grow up. So, have you given some thought about it my eldest?”

I know I couldn’t answer Mom right away but I don’t even know why I suddenly said I like to. “I would like to audition for it Mom. I like to give it a try.”

We moved to Korea when I said to Mom and Dad that I would like to audition. It was hard to say goodbye to my friends in San Francisco but this, I know is something that I shouldn’t miss. It’s not about the fame, riches or recognition I could get if I could get into the company and debut as an artist. It’s all about destiny. I feel like this is something I should take on. That I was born for.

I was soon scheduled for the audition as my mother informed the company that I would go. I am a very shy child ever since then I was a baby. I was so nervous I don’t know what to do when they told me to do a camera-testing. Which is to actually sing infront of it, I can’t do it. I ended up crying a lot because I am so sorry I couldn’t. Sorry for being so disappointing and wasting other people’s time.

Not knowing that the president saw me crying because I coudn’t sing infront of the camera, he told his people to train me and bring out the best in me. I don’t know what he saw in me but I am thankful that I got casted.

And that started on how I met you. The eight of you whom I considered like my family, my own sister for I have made up pointless fights with you, created unforgettable memories and built a bond among ourselves we all know no one could ever break up. For the bond we have is indestructible.

I first met Hyoyeon. She was this girl who was really good at dancing. She could literally dance to everything that I wasn’t surprised she was once selected as a back up dancer of a senior artist in the company. But overall, she’s the one I have known for the longest and have known me the best.

Then, I met Sooyoung, she was the third among us to be casted in the company. Back then, Hyoyeon, Yuri and I thought we are never going to debut with her.  She was selected to debut in Japan way earlier than us. To form a duo with a Japanese girl. It was sure hard when we parted but it didn’t last long. Guess it was destined for us to be together.

Yuri is the third person I next met. She was also this girl who’s really good at dancing. Hyoyeon even got alarmed the moment she knew and heard of how Yuri could dance well. But this wasn’t meant to be a competition with her. We eventually became friends with her after that incident that we played a prank on her. Acting as though we are older than her, making her take off her shoes

Please log in to read the full chapter