Good Night

The Twin Dragons

When Daeryong ran off into the streets of Seoul, Soryong was a little dejected, though he didn't tell his twin that. It was funny, finding out he had a twin was quite a weird experience, though he should have seen it coming what with the dreams of two eggs. Still, the silver eyed twin was jealous of his twin brother's seeming ease of transforming into a dragon and apparent confidence in general, to the point that he had to wonder how they had turned out so different. Soryong still had trouble even striking up a conversation with other people, let alone strut around b with confidence. He guessed that Daeryong's ability to transform had a big impact on that, though. Which brought up another point: how was Soryong still an immature dragon at his age, and why would his captors who only dealt with dragons take the risk of him being unable to mature? Or maybe they just didn't know.

Still feeling a little overwhelmed, Soryong went back to catch his next class, though he had doubts about whether he'd be able to concentrate. That was a beginning to be a big problem. Since Injun had warned him of another possible attack, Soryong had taken to being even less sociable than ever, never daring to look or talk to anyone, and constantly scurrying around with his hood over his head. Speaking of his guest, he was still fighting against his inappropriate thoughts, though he never could stop. Injun was like the perfect combination of cute and cool, though what Soryong had seen last night suggested that Injun was a lot more cool than cute. Shaking his head of such thoughts, the silver eyed student entered his class and firmly resolved to keep his head in the room.

At the end of a vexingly slow day, Soryong packed up his books and went straight back to his apartment, where he was hoping Injun would be waiting. He had stupidly forgotten to tell him to keep himself busy with whatever was lying around the house that morning. Then again, Injun was apparently someone who had taken care of himself for years on end, so he should have been fine. Once again, Soryong was thinking that he wanted to be the one to take care of the lone ranger now, particularly in the nightly aspect that Injun was so willing to with the previous night.

When Soryong made it into his apartment at last, he was quite surprised to find that Injun was gone. He wasn't sure where he could have went, since his guest didn't look like he would have or need any money fending for himself for years. Then again, he probably wasn't used to being so confined into one apartment for too long. Shrugging it off, Soryong decided to fix himself a snack before taking out and working on some of his homework. A little spark of giddiness lit in his stomach when he saw that Injun had already made him a snack, a cold turkey and cranberry sandwich loaded with enough vegetables to feed an army of rabbits. Soryong was doubtful he could eat the entire thing by himself, so he cut it in half and filled himself a glass of milk. Once in his room, he took out his math books and put his nose to the grindstone, though mathematical work had never bothered him much. In fact, he would be a little confused when people said that they hated it.

A good hour passed before Soryong was finally finished with equations and calculations, and his brain was screaming for a break, so he went to go wash his dirty dishes. Though it was enough to satisfy him, Soryong was thinking that he had better get dinner started for Injun. He was wondering what his guest could be doing for this long, but he was trusting that it was either important or a simple trivial indulgence. Whatever Injun was doing, Soryong wanted him to return to a full meal. He was telling himself that it was just hospitality driving him to do it, but as he was reaching for the shrimp, the wine, and the candles, Soryong was admitting to hoping that Injun would appreciate the meal and the company a little more than a regular host and guest would. For once, though, he had some decent inspiration to do his best in the kitchen where he always had a little trouble. Thankfully, he wasn't doing anything too extravagent or complicated, but still something he thought was delicious. The shrimp would be cooked with a lot of vegetables and garlic, topped with a garlic sauce, and served with a salad. He was hoping Injun would enjoy it.

Soryong connected his phone to his speakers and set them to something that would motivate and energize him. So as the driving rock was playing throughout the kitchen, Soryong began to fire up some shellfish and vegetables, rocking his hips side to side in time to the music. In the few far between minutes of waiting, he got to thinking about Injun again, this time his smile and not just his body. There was something about Soryong's rescuer that had him doing heart flips and stomach twists. Injun had some secret way of making him feel like he was actually quite interesting or cool for once. While that should have been an entirely good thing, Soryong began to worry that he wouldn't be as great as Injun made him out to be, what with being raised in such a small village and now being without his source of power. He hoped they could get it back somehow.

"Well well," the familiar voice behind him chuckled, "what have we here?"

"Hey, Injun," Soryong turned back as the sauce was nearly done. "Where were you all day?"

"I was just taking a walk," Injun shrugged. "I lost track of time because I've never really had to work with a clock for years. But anyway, you could've told me if my breakfast was a bust this morning."

"No no," Soryong laughed and raised his hands in a defensive gesture, "I really did like it, but I just wanted you to come home to something. I thought you might be hungry."

"Come...home?"

When he realized what he had just said, Soryong bit his lips and his eyes grew wide, while Injun coolly smiled. For a moment, the silver eyed immature dragon wanted to disappear, but he was a little surprised when Injun smile only became more devious as he stepped forward. Soryong couldn't move, nor could he utter a word. He felt like the other's gaze was akin to an enchanter's, freezing him on the spot, sending tingles throughout his body. When Injun reached him and brought his hands up to his chest, Soryong wanted nothing more than to push him back and take him on the kitchen table, but he cursed as the timer blared. Both men chuckled as Soryong turned around to get the plates and the food ready.

As they sat down to eat, the atmosphere surprisingly wasn't rendered awkward by their previous act. They talked comfortably, actually, and Soryong was surprised to find out that the ones who had killed Injun's parents were of the same cult as the ones who had kidnapped the silver eyed immature dragon, the RyongHyulDan, or the Dragon's Blood Group. Lee Injun was getting more and more interesting with every conversation.

"You know," the guest continued in his story, "my family always told me that our bloodline has for a long time been of the InGanWoo, the Human Friends. Though we are completely human, we know of the dragons and much of their physiology and biology, though there are few dragons left for us to befriend. The RyongHyulDan have hunted you dragons ever since they found out just how much power you had. They use dark and powerful magic for whatever purposes they can muster, all using the sacred blood of dragons, pouring some into fires, sprinkling some unto the land or people, even drinking it to unleash the power locked inside. That's how Rome became the most successful warfarer, how the Europeans were able to sweep America, and much more. They've nearly exhausted the supply of dragons with their greed, and all of them now live in hiding, rarely turning into their dragon forms unless absolutely necessary. And there used to be dragons flying around freely, walking through the villages, or at least that's what my father always told me before he..."

"I'm sorry for all you've been through," Soryong reached forward to place his hand on the other's as a comforting gesture. "If nothing else, I'm glad you've found me and now you're able to fulfill thousands of years of waiting, right? I'm just sorry there's a risk of me never maturing."

"No, that's okay, Soryong. I do like you, dragon or not, and what a favor fate has done me by bringing us together. It's funny, I always dreamed of befriending my own dragon, but I never would have imagined to feel this way about you." He shoved the last of his meal into his mouth and smiled as he chewed.

The words suggested quite a few things, which made Soryong blush as he too finished his meal. With a word of thanks, Injun stood up from his chair and rounded the table to stand by Soryong, who was bright red by then and breathing quickly. Injun, however, stayed cool as he leaned down and placed a kiss on the dragon's mouth, gently asking with his lips for Soryong to open up, which he did. The dragon brought a hand up and placed it on Injun's neck, the kiss deepening, feeling more and more right. When they finally parted, though, there wasn't much drive to go any further, but the two did smile at each other as Soryong stood up so they could wrap their arms around each other. The two smiled as they pressed their foreheads together and looked right at one another. After that, Soryong asked Injun to come sleep with him, but immediately blushed and rephrased the question. While Injun laughed at first, he took off all of his clothes save for his boxers, moving forward to do the same to Soryong, who was a little nervous about being unclothed and this close to him. The two slid into bed and Injun lay on the dragon's chest, muttering things about finally fulfilling his destiny. Even Soryong himself was so pleased by all of this that he could only smile as he wrapped one arm around the wonderful Injun.

This was but a prequel to quite a few more nights to come.