The Power of Tongue; for good or for evil

Lesson of life

warning: wrong grammar and typo

 

“Your words is your pray. God never sleep and not deaf, don’t said a words that will make you regret”

unknown person

“You can’t erased or edited what you said, so think before talk”

unknown person

 

 

 

It was 7 pm and their father hasn’t come home yet. Trapped in traffic jam, he said. For this two months it was rare opportunity to them to have dinner with their father because he always back home after ten. So, they decide to wait him. wait for an hour it’s not hurt right?

They was watching variety show when a breaking news interrupted. The news make they gasped, except Yong Joon who was five years old boy. There is a boy, eight years old, one year older than the twins, who took suicide because of bullying by his friends.

“Oh my god, how pity boy. He was too young” Seo Hyeon said.

“Kid nowadays is so scary”

“You still kid though” Seo Hyeon chukled. Can’t help because the way Hwa Yeon talked makes her looks like a old woman, though she is only fourteen years old.

 “What is bullying Omma?” Hae Mi asked.

“Repeated verbal, physical, social or psychological behavior that is harmful and involves the misuse of power by an individual or group towards one or more persons”

“That sound like what Dong Shin did to Jae Boom” said Hae Joon

“You also did the same” Hae Mi said

“No. I just stand there doing nothing” Hae Joon defended .

“But that still count that you part of Jae Boom’s bullying” Hwa Yeon countered.

“Hah? Why?!”

“Because you didn’t stop what Dong Shin did”

“Omma?”

“Your sister is right Joonie. All people who know about this matter but didn’t stop what dong Shin did can be assume as Dong Shin’s crime partner. And Hae Mi, you are one of them”

“Me?!”

“You know what you brother and his friends did but why you didn’t tell me or your teacher?”

“That’s….It’s not fair! Why I am the one who scolded!!” Hae Mi shouted

“Low your voice girl” Seo Hyeon said with calm voice and plain face. Hae Mi pouted and her eyes teary.

“I’m not scolding you. I just say the truth. All of you…” She pointed her finger to all her kid, include now-interest-with-the-topic Yong Joon. “must know that you also wrong if saw people did something wrong but didn’t doing anything. Don’t just judge this people is bad people, if you also didn’t bother to stop them or help the victim. Because what? You also like that bad people. The one that make you a bit different with that bad people is only because you are not the one who did that bad things. That’s it. But you allow and ignorance they “bad thing” so you are bad as same as like them”

There is long silence. The guilt fill the room.

“But, Dong Shin is my friend. As a friend I just stand behind him as loyal friend”

“Because he is your friend you must stop him, Joonie. What if Jae Boom. Dear God don’t make this happen” Seo Hyeon make pray posture with his hands.

“What if Jae Boom take suicide like that boy” Seo Hyeon pointed to television. “People will mocked Dong Shin and all his friends who are part of Jae Boom’s bullying. Not only that. Their family, include your family, will mocked by public. The guilt can’t be erased and will stay forever in deep of Dong Shin’s heart. And also yours”

“Dong Shin only because his hair style is so old school and his nose shape is weird. Will Jae Boom take suicide?” Hae Joon asked after long silence.

“Why not? If you do that everyday, he will feel tired” Seo Hyun said

“You must experience what he has to know what his feel” Hwa Yeon said

“Don’t said like that. Do you wish your brother be bullying victim? It will better if you say 'hope Joonie didn't experience what Jae Boom has'” Seo Hyeon glare to Hwa Yeon.

“Sorry Joonie”

Hae Joon only nodded. His face still white like a sheet. Feel nervous with the possibility that will happen to Jae Boom.

“Kids, remember this one. Never say ‘you must feel this to make you know what I feel’ to others. Because it is the same as like you wish others will have the same bad experience like what you have. Its called cruse. You got it?”

“Yes Omma” they said in unison

“Are you really understand Yongie?” Seo Hyeon looked to her youngest child eyes.

“Yes! We shouldn’t curse to others”

“Do you understand what curse mean?” Hwa Yeon asked.

“Wish bad things to others”

“You are smart Joongie” Hae Mi give him high five.

“Good son” Seo Hyeon give him two thumbs. The said boy smiling really wide.

“Omma..” Hae Joon called her with low voice and trouble look.

“What’s wrong Joonie?” She asked with soft voice.

“What should I do now?”

“What you think?”

"Apologized to Jae Boom and tell Dong Shin to stop tease Jae Boom”

“That’s right. You have a good plan”

“Should I call them now?”

“Soon is better” Seo Hyeon give him warm smile.

“Thanks Omma” Hae Joon walked to her and give her hug. Seo Hyeon caressed his back lovingly.

“What if Dong Shin hate me after this?” Yong Joon asked after his loose his hand on Seo Hyeon neck.

“It is his problem to lose good friend, not yours. Just don’t hate him back. After all you share a lot off good memories with him”

“You right Omma. You always right” Hae Joon smile. Finally his looks seem relieved.

“No, I’m not. I still do a mistake, because I’m human too. I’m just more wise than all of you because I life more longer than you. You will wise, even wiser than me after life for long”

“I love you Omma” Hwa Yeon hug tightly Seo Hyeon.

Hae Mi kissed Seo Hyeon then said, “Love you”

Hae Joon did the same like his twins. And the youngest didn’t won’t to left behind. He jump on Seo Hyeon laps, kiss whole her face while say “I love you so much Omma”.

“I love you too” Seo Hyeon replied every love confession from her child one by one. While give the same action with what they did.

The youngest, Yong Joon, laughed hard when Seo Hyeon kiss his belly.

 

 

Meanwhile, Hae Joon seem hesitated to push number button. He just held the phone and with blank look, he stare to his phone book. Hae Mi taped his shoulder.

“Eng Joon, sorry to said a bad thing to you” She genuine said apologize. Hae Joon give her smile and nod.

“I can make a call to Jae Boom if it is hard to you. After all, like Omma said, I was wrong too. So I also need to apologize to him”

“Really?”

Hae Mi nodded. She look really confident.

“Actually I brave enough to call Jae Boom but I didn’t know what to start the conversation”

“So let me talk first then I will let you say apologize personally to him”

“Okay. Thank you”

Hae Mi took the phone from Hae Joon. She push the number and in the moment they connected to Jae Boom’s house.

“Yoboseyo?” Said a woman in other line.

“Good afternoon aunty. It’s me Hae Mi, can I talk with Jae Boom?”

“Hae Mi? Oh sure. Wait a minute” said Jae Boom’s mother. Then Hae Mi can heard her voice called Jae Boom, said that his have a call from his friend, Hae Mi.

“Eng, Hello Hae Mi?”

“Hi, Jae!”

“Hi. Eng, what’s wrong?”

“You must be wonder why I call you right?”

“Yeah, actually I’m a bit nervous right now”

“Yeah I can feel that in your voice. We rarely talk in class but now we talk in phone”

“You right”

“Eng, Jae, did you saw this afternoon news?”

“No. I played a games with my brother. Why?”

“There is news about a boy who took suicide because of his friend bullying him”

“…………………….”

“I want to apologize because I’m never help you when Dong Shin and his friend, include my brother Hae Joon, bullying you at school. I’m so sorry Jae”

“…. It’s not your fault Hae Mi” He said with shaky voice.

“Still I’m wrong to let them did that to you”

“Thanks” He said in lower voice to hide his shaky voice. Hae Mi bet he is cry right now.

“Eng, Jae…”

“Yes?” Now he voice more steady and loud.

“Hae Joon want to talk you if you didn’t mind”

“…… sure”

Hae Mi give the phone to Hae Joon. Hae Joon took a deep breath before took the phone from Hae Mi. Hae Mi give light tap on his shoulder.

“Hi, Jae!”

“Hi, Joon”

“Eng.. I’m sorry Jae for every bad thing that I, Dong Shin and others do to you”

“….. Actually I’m mad to you and your friends. I hate you guys”

“Yeah, you must be mad and hate all of us. we deserve this”

“I didn’t know if I can forgive you or not”

“It is okay. To know you still want talk to me right now is enough for me. Just please don’t took suicide Jae. I will talk to Dong Shin and others to stop tease you”

“Don’t worry. I won’t”

“Thank you”

“If you don’t have any business I’ll end the call”

“Wait. I just want you to know that I want be friend with you. Will wait to you stop mad at me and let me be your friend. Good night Jae”

“Good night”

 

 

When this twins have a call with Jae Boom, their father arrived.

“Appa!” Yong Joon said while running to entrance door after heard the sound of correct password.

“Hi Yongie” He lower his body and welcoming Joon to run to his embraced. Carried his son while kiss his chubby cheek.

“Do you miss Appa that much?” the said boy nodded. “Aigoo you makes me happy” then kiss his cheek again before put him down.

Yong Joon waited Yong Hwa to took down his shoes, then walk together to living room.

“Welcome home Appa” said Hwa Yeon and give him hug.

“Your hair smell nice” Yong Hwa chuckled. Hwa Yeon is someone who think that should washed hair when you felt itch.

“Appa!! Nowadays I wash my hair thrice a week”

“Really? I must stay longer at home to know about my children”

“Don’t sad Appa. I still send you my photo everyday right?”

“Yeah, how sweet of you” He kiss her forehead. Then his eyes found his wife who just sat there, silently and watched everything.

“Did your Omma miss me?”

“I don’t know” Hwa Yeon chuckled.

Yong Joon who back from kitchen with a glass of cold juice said, “Yes, Omma even make your favorite dish. Welcome drink for Appa”

“Thank you” His face showed that he didn’t believe what Yong Joon did. It was his first time to received welcome drink in his home. He took a glance to Seo Hyeon who also surprise with Yong Joon behavior.

“Who told you to give this to me?”

“My teacher said to support our tired parents we must give them welcome drink”

“Such a good student” Yonghwa patted his head. Yong Joon smile brightly.

“What ashamed. I’m never taught about that” Hwa Yeon said

“Your warm welcome hug is enough darling” Hwa Yeon smile widely when heard that.

“But it will better if your Omma also give me welcoming kiss” He said as walk to Seo Hyeon. Seo Hyeon chuckled.

“I just didn’t won’t to disturbing their time with you. Welcome home Oppa” Seo Hyeon still sat on the sofa but she spread her arms to give Yong Hwa hug.

“Don’t worry we won’t see anything” Hwa Yeon said as she closed both her eyes and Yong Joon eyes.

Yong Hwa and Seo Hyeon giggled but use the opportunity to have a short kiss.

“Where is the twins?”

With Yong Hwa question Hwa Yeon let her hand go from Yong Joon eyes. She also open her eyes.

“Over there” Seo Hyeon pointed to hallway near kitchen that connected to kids and master room.

“Who they call?”

Then Seo Hyeon tell him everything while warmed the dinner. Meanwhile Hwa Yeon and Yong Joon help to prepare the set the table.

 

 

Back to the twins.

 

The call with Jae Boom was end. And Hae Joon feel better.

“What he said?”

“He is mad and hate me”

“Owh, no”

“But it’s okay I deserve this. At least he said he won’t took suicide”

“Yeah glad to hear that. But somehow I believe he will forgive you soon”

“I hope so. Can you still be here. I need to call Dong Shin”

“Anytime brother. Anytime you need support I’ll be beside you”

“Have I said that I’m really happy born as twins?”

“No” Hae Mi chuckled

“I really mean it”

“Thank you and I’m happy too to have you as twins. But I more be happy if you quickly make a call so we can eat dinner soon. Appa already home and I’m really hungry right now”

Yong Joon giggled then push Dong Shin’s phone number. In several rings Dong Shin’s sister pick up the call.

“Noona, its me Yong Joon”

“Oh Joon. Wait a minute” then he heard Dong Shin’s sister call Dong Shin. Yong Joon took a deep breath. Prepared to lost his best friend.

++++++

 

 

“Hi Minnie, Joonie” Yong Hwa said when the twins appear in the dining room.

They haven’t star the dinner but already sat on respective chair. The twins walked to Yong Hwa and give him group hug.

“Is your matters going well?” Yong Hwa asked when the twins sat on their chairs.

“You know Appa?” Hae Joon asked

“Yes, and how is it?”

“It was not beautiful ending but I feel better” Hae Joon said

“Joonie talk in nice way but Shinie told him he was noisy like a woman. Then he cut off the line” Hae Mi looks furious.

“When I was kid, I thought the same thing like Dong Shin when my best friend give me advice. It was normal for me about Dong Shin reaction. Just don’t stop to be his friend if you believe he is your friend”

“I won’t Appa. I’ll give him a time”

“Good. And you Hae Mi don’t think any bad think to revenge what he did to your brother”

“Uhh. You know me so well Appa” She pouted. Everyone laughed.

“Lets eat, guys” Seo Hyeon said and they star to dig the food. There is silence for a moment before Hwa Yeon broke the silent with her question.

“What actually your idea to revenge Dong Shin?”

“Eng..give him a low kick” Everyone laughed, except Seo Hyeon.

“Jung Hae Mi” Seo Hyeon call her with her full name and in that cold voice just mean one thing. Her mother really angry now.

“Don’t worry Omma, that will be stay only on my mind” She said calmly.

“Okay. I believe you. Don’t make me lose my trust to you”

Hae Mi nodded while munching her food.

“Since we on this topic. Can I give you advise like a good father?”

Yong Hwa words make them chuckled.

“Have you heard that tongue is the best tool to kill people?” the kids shook their head except Hwa Yeon.

“You need a lot effort to kill someone use knife or gun. Because that people can dodge every shoot you make. But just with one words, you can kill someone” Hwa Yeon said

“That’s right. You already saw with your own eyes why that boy took suicide. The criminals didn’t do anything except talk a bad thing to him. And the result is he was death now. It is a lot of good things that you can do with your tongue. Such as said how handsome your Appa”

“Heol” Seo Hyeon sighed

“Ah, come on Appa”

“Appa!!”

The protest come from here and there. “Hey come on its just the truth”

“Yes Appa is handsome but don’t said with your own mouth it so embarrassing” Hwa Yeon giggled.

“Okay, mian. Let me finished my advise”

Everyone stop to laughed and back focus to their food and Yong Hwa.

“Have you experienced the good words can make you take your goal?”

“Yes I have”

“What it is Yoongie?” Seo Hyeon asked.

“I was nervous but Omma said I was practiced enough, so I will pass the Taekwondo exam. Then I did it”

“Appa said I good in drawing and will winning the next completion if I did more practice. A year later I win second place” Hae Mi said with proud look.

“My cook was salty and a bit burnt but Omma said it was delicious. Thought I know she only try to not make me down, but that still make me happy and want to learn more” Hwa Yeon said.

“That was really good though” Seo Hyeon replied. Hwa Yeon smile become more wide.

“See. How amazing a single words can change our heart. Always tough this in your mind. Do you want to hear this words from others? If you didn't want it, then others too, didn’t want to hear that words from you”

“You didn’t need to experience the same things to understand others feel. Just try put your self on their shoes, it will can make you easier to understand their feel” Seo Hyeon added.

“And if you need any soup please don’t steal from your brothers bowl. Just ask for more” Seo Hyeon said while looking to Hae Joon

“Hyung!!” Yong Joon whined after figure out what his brother did. Yong Hwa, Hae Mi and Hwa Yeon laughed so hard. Mean while Hae Joon, the culprit said sorry for three times before fill again Yong Joon bowl with a soup.

++++++

 

 

A/n :

Hi there long time no see~~

I’m sorry for late update. It’s not like I forget about this story. Just I have a difficult time to wrote this one. Then I have a new responsibility now. Hehehe.

Thank you for subscribe and leave comment here. I really appreciated it.

I think it is only one chapter left, due my lack experience and knowledge. Hehehe.

 

special thanx for my eonnie, @ela2807 for give me idea. "You should exprence this thing" and "Hope you didn't experinced what I have" was her idea. Thankx a lot eon.

and the definition of bullying I get from http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au

 

So, see you again on the last chapter. I hope can update soon~~

Have a nice weekend ^^

8/2/15