Responsibility

Lesson of life

Hwa Yeon was 7 years old but still wet her bed. Sun hasn’t rise but Hwa Yeon woke up when she felt her bed wet. She know really well she will get scold, because it’s only yesterday she wetted her bed. She hit her forehead when remember she forget to pee before sleep.

Then, she found a genius idea to resolved this problem.

 

 

In the morning.

Since five month ago, when Seo Hyeon pregnancy turn to seventh month, they haired assistant to help maintenance their house. The assistance didn’t sleep in home, worked at 7 am until 1 pm. After she cleaned all floor, her next task is ironing the dry laundry that she washed before went home.

As usually after ironing she put the clean and neat clothes on respective wardrobe. She comes to Hwa Yeon room and get shouted when tried to open Hwa Yeon’s wardrobe.

“No! Don’t open!”

“Ne?” she felt shocked heard Hwa Yeon shout. Hwa Yeon also shocked didn’t expect she would shouted.

“A-Ahjumma just put on bed, I’ll put to wardrobe later” She shutter a bit.

“What happen here?” Seo Hyeon comes because heard Hwa Yeon shouted. Hwa Yeon face looks more pale when saw her mother face.

“Jung Hwa Yeon what I told you about manner when talked to elder?” she give warning glaring to Hwa Yeon, then give apologize looks to the assistant.

“I’m sorry Ahjumma” Hwa Yeon said with apologize looks.

“It’s okay. It’s not big deal” Ahjumma smiled, then put the clothes on top of pillow.

“So, why you shouted Yeonee?”

“I… I just said to not open my wardrobe, I’ll put my clothes later”

“Why ahjumma can’t open your wardrobe? You put something on your wardrobe didn’t you?”

“A-aniyo”

 “Really?” Seo Hyeon walked in to room. Knows Hwa Yeon lied. When she open the wardrobe, smell of urine spread in the room.

“What it is?!!” Seo Hyeon said while searched the source of the smell. She found the wet bedsheet and pants on the last rack, in top of clean pants. Seo Hyeon quickly took wet bedsheet and pants from wardrobe.

“Please took all pants on the rack Ahjumma. We should washed all of them” Seo Hyeon said after found the clean pants ruined with bad smell, even the upper clean pants wet by that wet bedsheet.

“Ne” Ahjumma said as she take all the pants from last rack.

“Also this” Seo Hyeon took the bedcover which hide wet bed. Ahjumma walked out after took the bed cover from Seo Hyeon.

Seo Hyeon faced Hwa Yeon with disappointed looks. Hwa Yeon’s eyes moist, she try her best to not cry. Seo Hyeon sighed. They keep silence for a moment. Seo Hyeon walked, then kneeled in front of Hwa Yeon who sat on her chair. She was do her homework.

“Did Omma that scary?” Seo Hyeon asked in smooth voice. Hwa Yeon bit her bottom lips because she felt like tears will drop.

“Don’t. it will bleeding” Seo Hyeon caress Hwa Yeon lips with her thumb. Then, Hwa Yeon cried. Seo Hyeon give her hug, caressed her back while said,

“Why you cry? Omma even haven’t scold you” She said with teasing tone. Hwa Yeon cried turn to sob. Seo Hyeon pushed Hwa Yeon slowly. Wipe her tears while give her warm smile to comfort her daughter.

“So why you crying?”

Hwa Yeon can’t found a word so she just silent while sobbing.

“You scare Omma will scold you?”

Hwa Yeon nodded a little.

“Omma won’t scold you”

“Jjinjja?” she said with crack voice.

“Eng. But you should tell Omma honestly why you hide your mistake, deal?”

Hwa Yeon nodded.

“But, first lets get you a glass of water” Seo Hyeon held Hwa Yeon hand and walked out from bedroom and went to kitchen.

They sat on dining table chair after Seo Hyeon get a glass of water. Hwa Yeon drink the water in one go, due to relieved that her mother will going easy to her this time.

“So, mind to tell me why you hide your mistake?”

“I forgot to pee before sleep and then wet my bed again. I scared you will mad if you know this, so I plan to washed that later when you go to doctor today”

“Mian, Yeonee, for makes you scare to me” Seo Hyeon caressed Hwa Yeon head then cheek. “When omma mad to you it didn’t mean I don’t love you, I just can’t held my temper. Omma tired of work and becomes so sensitive. You just a kid, and I should tolerate, but I’m not. I’m just human who make mistakes. Will you forgive me?”

Hwa Yeon eyes teary and her lips pouted. Seo Hyeon honest confession make her heart warm and fluttered. She get off from her seat, get one step to reached Seo Hyeon chair. Raised her hand and Seo Hyeon lifted her then sat Hwa Yeon on her lap.

Seo Hyeon kiss her head. “Thanks” she said knows that Hwa Yeon forgive her.

“I’m sorry too Omma to pee on bed and make mess with the clothes” Hwa Yeon said as stare directly to Seo Hyeon eyes.

“Ne. But please don’t forget to pee before sleep okay?”

Hwa Yeon kiss Seo Hyeon chin, then nodded.

“What lesson you get today?”

“To not hide my mistake”

“Good. Make mistake is human nature, but you should face the trouble. Bravely admit then correct the mistake is the best way to do. Run away and hide the mistake just make a mistake becomes bigger. Just like today, your little mistake becomes big. One wet bedsheet ruined all your pants, you shouted to innocent ahjumma, even you trouble her with washed your ruined clothes” Seo Hyeon said as her hand Hwa Yeon back.

Hwa Yeon pushed her self from her mother embraced. Lifted her head to meet her mother eyes.

“What should I do to make up with ahjumma?”

“Give her hug and kiss, said your sorry, and help her to tidy up your mess”

“Will ahjumma forgive me?”

“She is nice person isn’t she?”

Hwa Yeon nodded.

“Then she will forgive you”

Hwa Yeon looks more confident. She get down from Seo Hyeon lap and walked to washing room.

“Omo” Ahjumma shocked when something grab her legs. She didn’t realized Hwa Yeon presence until Hwa Yeon hug her legs.

“I’m sorry Ahjumma to shouted to you” Hwa Yeon said with apologize looks. Ahjumma smiled and let go Hwa Yeon hands from her legs then kneeled down.

“It’s okay sweetie” Ahjumma smiled and patted her head. Hwa Yeon put her hands on Ahjuma shoulder, then kiss Ahjumma cheek.

“And thank you to help me tidy up the mess. I’ll help you to hang the clothes on clothesline”

Seo Hyeon who heard the conversation from living room surprised heard Hwa Yeon said Thank you. She didn’t told her to do that before. She forget. But Hwa Yeon did even thought she didn’t told her. She smiled proudly to her daughter.

“It’s okay, ahjumma can do that alone”

“No. Omma said I must corrected my own mistake”

 “Ah…if you say so”

 

Then, she helped ahjumma hung the clothes on, and together with her mother they helped ahjumma lifted the bed to balcony to dried the wet part. She also help to put the clean bedsheet after her bed dried.

++++++++++

 

 

 

 

One morning on sunny Monday.

Yong Hwa woke up earlier than Seo Hyeon today. Yong Hwa give light kiss on the sound sleep Seo Hyeon’s head then get off from bed. Didn’t forget to pulled the cover until her chin. He walked to kitchen to get a glass of water. His head dizzy, he drink with Jong Hyun last night and manage to finished a bottle of soju. Normally he will still felt better after drink two bottle. If not aged then his tolerated with alcohol was decrease.

“Wow!!!” Yong Hwa shocked found a white thing moved in kitchen while held a broom.

“Morning Appa” Hwa Yeon said with mischievous smile plaster on her face. She covered with flour from the top to toe.

“What happen here?” Yong Hwa come closer. Shook her hair with his hand, make a white flour flying around them.

“I want to make pancake for our breakfast, but when I put the flour on the counter, the flour fall.

“You want to make breakfast for Appa and Omma?” Yong Hwa asked excitedly. Sometimes she help Seo Hyeon prepared breakfast but it was her first time to prepared breakfast alone.

Suddenly Yong Hwa scoped Hwa Yeon, make a broom fall from her hand. He hug her tightly.

“Awww…. My princess is so sweet” He sat Hwa Yeon on kitchen counter, beside the lied of sack flour.

“What a occasion you want to make us breakfast?”

“Last night omma said appa’s song hit the jack pot so,” She said with shy smile

“Jjinjja?” Yong Hwa smile more widely. “Jasik” he said before held Hwa Yeon face and kiss all over her face. “Thanks darling”

“Ugh. You smell like soju appa!” Hwa Yeon wrinkle her nose. “Soju is bad for your body Appa!”

“Yah! You sound like your mother!” Yong Hwa irritated with her nag but still smile didn’t lost from his face.

“But that’s true”

“Okay, okay” Yong Hwa raised her arms, make a gesture he was surrender. “Now, let’s continue clean a mess before Omma wake up”

Then, Seo Hyeon walked in. Both of them gasped realize Seo Hyeon presence.

“Omma, mian. I just want to make pancake for our breakfast but the flour fall when I put on the counter” Hwa Yeon apologetic.

Seo Hyeon looks around and saw broom on the floor, and almost all flour already sweep.

“It’s okay. Just be more careful  next time. Fortunately it’s only flour that fall on your head. What if something hard and sharp that fall on your head?” Seo Hyeon said as comes closer.

“Be careful arraseo?” Hwa Yeon nodded. She gives Hwa yeon good morning kiss on her cheek, then lifted her down.

“Let’s clean your body first, before continuing prepared breakfast. Yeobo clean the kitchen, please” give him a thousand watt smiled.

“After I get my morning kiss” His face move closer, his lips pouted. Seo Hyeon palm stopped him

“No, before you washed your face and brush your teeth. You smell like soju” she said before held Hwa Yeon hand and walk out from kitchen.

“Gezz. Like mother like daughter” Yong Hwa grumbled then pick up the broom on the floor.

++++++++++

 

A/n:

Happy new year all, wish we get more happiness and bless… (yeah I know it was too late, kkkk)

I took a lot of time to update, so sorry about that. There is the reason but I think it’s not interesting object so just skip the explanation part..kkk

Just hope this chapter met your expectation or at least good enough too read in your rest time.
Again, I want to apologize to inform you that I can’t promised too update the next chapter soon...

See you :) 

 

PS: thanks for subscribe this one and make a time to drop a words… thanks a lot ^^