Four

April Snow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m really sorry for the ridiculously late update. I just started the fourth semester of college and s are a lot harder this time so I’ve been settling down on classes and new lessons to take – been saying ‘I didn’t sign up for this when I took the entrance exam’ because really, I took Accounting to run away from Medical school, and no one told me Accounting would be such a hell like this – God save meh.

Anyway happy reading!




“Sehun, can you hear me?” the guy keeps asking with a terribly worried face.

He recognizes the person right away. He wants to call for him, but his jaw can’t even move an inch without hurting. His throat is too dry. So he tries to nod as proper as he could.

The guy sighs in relief. “Good.” he whispers to himself, before his eyes widen again. “But you know who I am, right?? I mean, you remember who I am, don’t you?”

Sehun nods weakly again.

“Thank God.” the guy smiles warmly at him, eyes starting to get moist. “I thought – we thought we’ve lost you, Sehun.”

Maybe you guys almost did.

“But it’s okay, you’re here with us now. The doctor will be here soon.”

Just right after the guy said it, the doctor comes into the room in hurry. He also sighs in relief when he sees Sehun blinking back at him. “Good job in surviving, kiddo.” the man says proudly before he turns at the other. “You can wait outside, Minseok.”

Minseok hyung, Sehun calls inside his mind as the said guy nods at the doctor. Minseok turns again at him. “I’ll be back, Sehun. I’ll call Auntie and Uncle too. Oh, and the Jongs!”

After Minseok is gone, the doctor stars to do the basic procedure of checking his vitals and senses. He’s quite satisfied of Sehun’s almost stable condition. “Do you remember what happened, kid?”

Sehun honestly moves his head to each side.

“You survived from a nasty accident. Minseok has been blaming himself for it. But really, it was just, well, luck wasn’t on your side that day.” the doctor explains. “But you really are a tough survivor. Your head was pretty damaged, and honestly I was skeptical about your condition but here you are, staring back at me. Your mother must be so happy to see you today.”

Slowly, the memories come back into his mind. How he had waited inside the car for Minseok, how the bus came along crashing the vehicle, how Minseok was screaming his name before everything went black. He finally realizes that he just survived death. And he feels grateful, eternally grateful, that he can open his eyes again to live another day like this. He has given a second chance to wake up. He only needs to keep fighting to get better and continue his life.

“Mrs. Oh! Here’s the champion.”

“Sehun!! Oh my God, you’re awake!!”

But somehow there’s this big, empty, hollow hole inside his heart as a voice calls for him in the back of his mind. He remembers hearing it when he first opened his eyes.

‘Sehun! Where are you??’

===

“Sehun!! Where are you?!”

He ignores Zitao’s furious calls of his name. He runs away, trying to get through the sea of people in the area. Something feels so terribly wrong.

So many questions are swirling in his head. Why did Zitao and his mother forget about Sehun? What does that mean? It’s like Sehun never came and meet them in the first place, just like when Sehun wasn’t here in his –

He stops dead on his track, breaths ragged.

The situation was like before Sehun came.

Which means, Sehun could’ve left.

“No,” Luhan’s hands start to tremble, “no, no, no – “

He runs blindly again.

===

“What’s my name?”

“… Kim Jongdae.”

“And my older brother is?”

“… hyung, I don’t suffer an amnesia. I still remember you don’t have an older brother.”

Jongdae laughs cheerily. “Well then, who’s my younger brother’s name?”

“Kim Jongin.”

“How many exes do I have?”

“Why do I even have to care about it??”

“Stop it already!” Jongin grunts as he slapped the back of his brother’s head. “You’re only messing his head more!”

“Can I have a teeny tiny bit of respect from my younger bro or do I not have one anymore?!”

“Shut up you two.” finally Minseok comes in and shuts the bickering brothers. “He just had a long test for God’s sake. Sehun, feel free to ban them from this room.”

Sehun only laughs weakly. “I like hearing them fighting. It makes me feel more alive.”

“Aw man, we’re glad that we can actually do something for you.”

“You’re not doing any good to him, hyung.”

“Jongin you need to stop being bitter towards me.”

“Anyway,” Sehun pipes in with a weak voice, which successfully gets him the attention of the brothers plus Minseok, “Merry Christmas, guys. I guess I’m ruining your Christmas this year.”

Jongin is the first to voice out their confusion. “What do you mean?”

Sehun looks down at the hospital blanket on his chest. “Well, maybe you guys have some plans for tonight. Minseok hyung was supposed to propose to Joohyun noona yesterday. I’m kind of a bad luck to everyone.”

The three of them looks at each other in pure confusion now. Minseok takes the liberty to get back to his cousin again. “Sehun, do you know what date is today?”

Sensing something wrong, Sehun looks up at the older hesitatingly. “Twenty fifth of December…?”

“What makes you think this is Christmas?”

“Because it is?” Sehun starts to really feel weary about the look in Jongdae’s eyes. “Because it’s… supposed to be two days after the accident?”

Jongin unknowingly places his hand on his brother’s shoulder. “Sehun, what makes you think you’ve been asleep for two days?”

Sehun frowns. He wants to answer but he finds no words. What makes him think that it has been exactly two days? He was asleep after all, which means he should’ve lost the track in time. Why was he so sure it has only been two days anyway?

“Sehun,” Minseok calls carefully, “today is not Christmas, anymore.”

His eyes widen.

Jongdae walks across the room to yank the curtain away. It’s day, the sky is baby blue with streaks of white clouds. There’s an enormous tree that could be seen from the window, and it’s actually having its leaves in the middle of growing. “Sehun, this is already the early weeks of spring.” he says the truth. “You’ve been in coma for more than a month.”

What? “N-no,” Sehun murmurs darkly, “that can’t be. It should be Christmas by now.”

“You’re confused about time.” Jongin says. “Doctor said it’s normal for someone who just woke up from comatose state, Sehun.”

“No. Today is supposed to be Christmas.”

“Sehun, calm down first.”

“This is Christmas – I know today is Christmas, it has to be!”

“Why??”

“Because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter