Chapter 4

Things Untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life went on. The Three of us met frequently when their schedules permitted. As promised, Amy and I got up to date with each other’s lives. I found out she was about to debut as a solo artist within the coming year. There was no surprise there; she was the more musically inclined one between the two us. Amy was the girl that always had performances at school or church, and I was the one who couldn't even hold a beat. Unfortunately, with all the years that have passed, nothing has changed and I'm still tone deaf as ever.

I tried to make up for all our lost time. The time that trickled away from us unknowingly like the water draining from a leaky basin. I made an effort to visit her at least twice a week. We even went on a few trips with Am to Jejudo and Japan just for fun.

Thankfully, some things are left untouched by time... The first being our friendship and the second was my love for her. Quite frankly, I felt like father time had whisked me back in time to my awkward hormonal teenage years. My heart thumped rapidly trying to escape my chest cavity of a prison that it held it captive. Every time a smile came my way, my hands would sweat profusely followed by a mini roller coaster in my stomach.

As her best friend, it was inevitable that her love interest would materialize in our conversations. Indeed, cupid had his arrow stuck firmly in the woman I loved. Every time she talked about him, my muscles contracted angrily out of habit. With a forced smile, I willed myself to listen "happily"…

Most days Amy would go on and on about the things Jay did. She loved absolutely everything about him. He always made her smile, be it through a silly text message or dorky selcas. She loved the way he smiled full of charisma. The way he performed on stage. How his face looked when he concentrated in the recording box. Or when his muscles rippled under his shirt. The way he was an oppa but a friend at the same time. The way he made her heart flutter with his flirting.

Her love was like mine, blinding. All his faults and the instances in which he hurt her went unnoticed. Her vision and thoughts were marred by the clouds all the sweet love had stranded her on. For every good thing he did for her, there were three things he did that hurt her. The only thing I could do was listen and lend her my shoulder to cry on. She shed tears because of him a regular basis.

After being reunited with Amy, it became routine to bring her icecream at 2 AM or listen to her vent over the phone at 3 AM. You name it, every single thing a gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter