Chapter 2

Things Untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I moved up the ranks in SM as the years passed me by. Starting at the bottom as a newbie English instructor for trainees, then a private tutor for idols working abroad. My most recent promotion had be at director of international affairs, more specifically our English promotions.

Three years in Seoul had captured my heart. I grew fond of the city itself, the people, the food, the streets, everything. The bustling streets filled with a sea of workers and students sharply contrasting the nightlife of clubs. Filled with intoxicated strangers perusing one another in the dim illuminations of the club scene, with their bodies at the mercy of the pounding music. Food became my new obsession, from kimbap to the fine seafood delicacies of Busan. The scenery became the backdrop of my life. I was hooked to the new life I was now living. My life in the States was merely remnants of the past.

With my experience as an instructor for both trainees and idols, I had the opportunity to build friendships with these world-class stars. From the top sunbaes, who carved the way, all the way to the soon to be debuted trainees. Grabbing occasional meals with them after lessons or answering their fervent last minute questions before concerts and showcases overseas.

In a short period of time, Amber of f(x) became my best friend. Always playing basketball or drinking milk tea in our free time. Her dorky and cheerful personality was contagious, her silly antics never failed to put a smile on my face. I don’t know how she did it, but she was everyone’s friend. Everyone’s dorky llama.

I was reading over the documents I received from the advertising department until the constant vibrations emitted by my phone broke my concentration. Sighing inwardly I picked up the phone without checking who it was.

“Yoboseyo, this is Jang Aiden,” I answered curtly, silently waiting for a reply. My eardrums were greeted by the most atrocious aegyo filled response I have ever had the misfortune to hear.

“Aiden oppppaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~,” said a high-pitched voice across the line. I pulled the device from ear, carefully looking at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter