Potential Joke

Skin

It was a saturday afternoon and I had just woken up.

I am not lazy, I am just someone who likes working at night. I spend most of my day asleep while most of the night awake.  It's just something about the nighttime that makes me feel so alive and awake. My parents used to get pissed during the summer break because I spent most of my time in my bedroom but that confinment made me feel so whole with myself. I felt like my bedroom was my scapegoat of all my worries and troubles. In that bedroom, I was the comfortable being that I would ever have been but years passed and I graduated from High School. It came time for me to pack my bags and move to a college far away from my parents. It would be quite rude of me to say I missed my room more than my parents but that was the harsh truth.

It was saturday afternoon and I had just woken up.

I was meeting up with Kevin at 7pm. Kevin was one of the few people I met in my first semester in college that I can atleast call friend. He was really nice and comforting when he sensed my nervousness the first day of class. You see, Kevin was actually a few years older than me and actually a junior in college. He was an international student from South Korea. He was energetic and fun to be around and so of course he made friends with everyone in the computer science department. Anyways, I was meeting with him for dinner because he told me that he had a friend that he wanted to introduce me. I honestly thought that he was comfortable enough to introduce me to his lover but Kevin is full of surprises, I just didn't think that this surprise would get to me.

I arrived 20 minutes late. 

It was horrible of me to do so but I couldn't keep myself from taking another hour nap at 5 and the traffic was really horrible but that doesn't excuse the fact that I arrived late. Kevin was already seated at the table looking at my direction with a knowing expression. Atleast he wasn't mad. Next to Kevin sat a teenager no, I think a man dressed in casual jeans and hoodie glancing over at his phone. As soon as I got to the table, I apologized for being late and sat down. The man looked at me and then at Kevin. He looked disinterested but I must say Kevin has a really nice type if this was his boyfriend.

Kevin introduced me to xiumin, his cousin.

Xiumin turned out to be a year older than Kevin. He had just moved to NewYork for a few months to figure himself out beofore he returns back to South Korea. That was what Kevin explain to me over pasta. xiumin was staring at me for long periods of time during that dinner time. Everytime I caught him, he would act as if he was looking at something else. I felt infront of him. Kevin wanted me to be friends with Xiumin. He explained that he was going to be busy and so he would not be hanging around Xiumin that much but he trusted me to befriend his shy cousin. I saw xiumin to be the kind that avoided me. I was confused. But I agreed and I became friends with xiumin.