Meet the Boys

Me and My Love

Baekhyun’s POV

 

    Basketball practice just ended and I am currently walking home with my younger cousin, Myungsoo. His mother and my father are siblings and are very close. And since Myungie’s parents had to go overseas for business, my parents didn’t hesitate to let him stay with my brother and I (My parents are overseas too).

 

    If you haven’t realized yet, I’m Byun Baekhyun. My parents own Byun Corporation, which is by far the most popular business all over Asia. I have an annoying, over-achieving brother named Suho, and he is 5 years older than me. Myungsoo is currently telling me about Naeun, one of my beloved dongsaengs. He asked her out during basketball practice and she surprisingly said yes. It was surprising because Naeun was never really interested or even showed interest in boys (I’m not saying I thought she was gay or anything).

 

    We arrived at my house and I opened the door to see the door to see my older brother watching TV in our lounge room. “Hey,” he said as he shifted his gaze from the TV to my cousin and I. I replied with a simple “hi” while Myungsoo decided to start a conversation with Suho. I went up to my room and threw myself onto my bed. I was never really close with my brother. Heck, Myungsoo is probably closer to him than I am. We were rivals, believe it or not. I don’t know why or how it started. We always just try to beat each other in everything. Unfortunately, I could only beat him in sports, since he was more of a nerd than a jock like me.

 

    A ringing noise woke me up out of my thoughts. I looked and my phone to see Taeyeon calling. It surprised me since she hasn’t called ever since that Social Studies project in our 1st or 2nd year of high school. I sighed and answered my phone.


Myungsoo’s POV

 

“Hello,” I answered my phone. 

“Hey,” said a beautiful voice on the other line. I smiled at that voice. It was Naeun’s and it was the first time she called me.

“What’s up?” I asked her

“I can’t just call you?” she replied/asked.

“No not like that,” I said and we both chuckled. We were talking for what seemed like forever (in a good way) when a er named Suho called me and Baekhyun downstairs for dinner.

 

    Dinner with Baekhyun and Suho was definitely awkward. Since they weren’t as close to each other as I was to them, it left me the responsibility of starting a conversation. So, I did my job. “How was work today, Suho-hyung?” I asked trying to hide the boredom in my voice. Suho always had boring stories to tell, always. “It was good. You wouldn’t believe what happened…” And so the boring story started.

 

    After dinner, I went upstairs to do my normal night routine. I got into bed starting to fall asleep, hoping the next day would come fast.


Baekhyun’s POV

 

    It’s too damn early in the morning for him to be getting on my nerves. That frickin him is named Park Chanyeol. He was my idiotic best friend and was annoying the crap out of me the second I walked into homeroom. Apparently, since this school has too many gossipers, someone told about how I asked out Taeyeon yesterday. And of course, he just has to bombard me with all his damn stupid questions. 

 

    “Did she ca-” he was about to ask me another question when the subject of this question session walked into the classroom with her two “besties” walking beside her. Chanyeol, being the annoying bastard he is, called the 3 girls over to us. Surprisingly, they walked over to us with smiles on their faces. Jessica and Tiffany were eyeing me weirdly. I concluded that they must have known about me asking Taeyeon to the dance.    

 

    “Wassup Chanyeol, Baekhyun?” asked Tiffany. “I was surprised when Tae told me that you asked to there dance in 2 weeks,” she said. “Taengoo, sorry that we won’t be there. I should’ve tried out for a team,” said Jessica with a pout. “Don’t worry, your Naeunnie will be there to give you company in case you get tired of me,” I told them since I kind of pitied Taeyeon, she does hate me and then spending the whole night with me without her friends, bummer. 

 

    “Jinja?!” she asked with a little of disbelief in her voice. “She didn’t tell me anything about that!” I was surprised that Naeun didn’t tell her about Myungsoo asking her out. “Yea,” I said with a smirk that made her extremely irritated. “She got asked out by my sweet cousin during practice yesterday.”

 

    She was about to reply but the bell stopped. Chanyeol and I got up from our seats and went to class after telling the girls goodbye. ‘Wow, what a great homeroom period.’


Myungsoo’s POV

 

*BRRIIINGG* 

 

The bell rang, signaling that lunch has started. I walked out the science classroom with Naeun behind me. We decided to just walk to the lunchroom together before departing to go with our own friends. We were walking and talking while Naeun had her arm wrapped around my arm. It was a good feeling, the feeling of her arm around my arm like we were a real couple. We arrived at the lunchroom and departed. I found my cousin sitting at a table located in the middle of the cafeteria. “Hi hyungs,” I greeted the 3 older boys. 

 

    “‘Sup Myungsoo-ah,” said my best friend, Sunggyu. Sunggyu and I met when I was living with my parents in Gangnam. We were separated when he had to move since his parents were developing a new company in Seoul. When I moved in with my aunt and uncle, I learned the he was going to the same school as Baekhyun-hyung and Chanyeol-hyung. And that’s when we reunited. 

 

    “By the way, Kim Myungsoo why didn’t you tell me that you asked out a girl?” asked Sunggyu with a fake angry voice. Guess he heard, I was gonna tell him this morning but Naeun caught be first. “It’s not that big of a deal,” I said looking at him my cold face. “Besides, I don’t feel bad since you could, like, never score a date let alone with a pretty.”

 

    “Of course I would sulk, you frickin’ asked out Kim Naeun, who is by far the prettiest 2nd year girl in this school,” he said. He continued on saying, “I was surprised when Baekhyun-hyung told me that you asked her out and she said yes. Do you know how many guys have asked her out and she rejected every one of them?” Sunggyu replied. I was surprised, not at the fact the many guys have asked her out, I was expecting that. But what really surprised was that she rejected every one of them. ‘I wonder what makes her say yes to only me.’

 

    I looked over to the table that the angel was sitting at and smiled. I turned back to Sunggyu and said…

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I guess I’m the lucky one.”

 
 
 
 

Hey, second chapter! I hoped you guys had a great Christmas and also hope you have a happy new year! And I also changed the description about the characters a little.

 

See Ya! Bai!! <3