Chapter Six

War of Hormones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: SOOOOO, I have good news and bad news. The good news in that I'll be going to Korea tomorrow for the holidays (YAY) but because of that, the bad news is that I won't be updating for about 2 weeks or so. I won't be bringing my laptop along so... yeah. But, I'm here to drop off a chapter for you guys before I head off tomorrow (and begin my Kpop hauls hehehe). So, here's chapter six and as usual thank you all for commenting and subscribing, and I hope you enjoy this chapter~

P.S. for all ChoMi fans out there... this chapter is ChoMi centric ;)

 

 

Chapter Six

 

 

“Bbom-ah.”

 

The sweet voice entered Bomi’s ears like music, “Hm?”

 

Chorong shifted over closer to Bomi as they sat on her bed. Bomi decided to pay Chorong a visit since it was the weekends and they both didn’t have classes on Saturday. It’s kind of a ritual really, Bomi would frequent Chorong’s house like her second home and the Park’s quite enjoyed the little Yoon’s company too. “Let’s go shopping” Chorong said.

 

Bomi turned to the girl and raised her eyebrows, “What do you need to buy?”

 

“Clothes…”

 

It didn’t take long for Bomi to realize the situation once she saw the look in Chorong’s eyes, “Ah… date with Sungjae?”

 

Chorong nodded shyly, “I want to, you know, impress him.”

 

If only she knew how impressive she already was, Bomi thought as she smiled. “Okay, let’s go then” Bomi said as she hopped off the bed and took Chorong by the hand. “Which district do you want to shop at?” she asked, “I can take you since I came on my bike today.”

 

“Really?” Chorong’s eyes beamed with excitement as she jumped onto Bomi, hugging the girl tightly. “You really are the best Bbom-ah,” she said.

 

Bomi carefully hugged the girl back and laughed, “Unnie… I can’t breath,” she said, wanting the girl to stop hugging her because she wasn’t sure whether she could hold her emotions in long enough. So, before all hell breaks loose, she needed Chorong to stop.

 

“Ah, sorry,” Chorong broke away and flashed Bomi with a childish grin. “Let’s go!” she exclaimed as she dragged the younger girl out of her room and downstairs. “Mum, dad. We’re going shopping!”

 

“Oh, do you need a driver?” Mrs. Park came out of the kitchen.

 

Chorong shook her head and proudly pushed Bomi before her, “I got one!”

 

Mrs. Park gave a gentle smile, “Thank you Bomi and I’m sorry for bothering you like this.”

 

“Oh, not at all Mrs. Park. I offered anyway,” she said with a smile.

 

“Well, that’s very sweet of you” Mrs. Park looked at Chorong then back to Bomi, “Take care.”

 

The two exited the house and Bomi passed the spare helmet to Chorong before they hopped onto Bomi’s Ducati. Chorong kept going on about how she hasn’t ridden Bomi’s bike for ages and was so happy that she can again. Bomi just listened to Chorong, enjoying the sound of her voice. It was one of those voices where, naturally, everything said came out cute. Bomi loved Chorong’s voice and could listen to it all day. “Hold on tight” Bomi said as she took Chorong’s arms from behind and placed them on her waist. “So, where to first?”

 

“Let’s go Myeongdong” Chorong said.

 

Bomi started her bike and nodded, “Okay.”

 

Chorong held onto Bomi’s waist tightly as she enjoyed the ride, resting her head on Bomi’s back. The wind was really nice and one of the main reasons she enjoyed motorcycles so much was because she could feel the wind throughout the ride. It was so refreshing. Bomi skillfully maneuvered through the traffic and parked on the street side. “We're here unnie,” she said as she took off her helmet.

 

Chorong let go of the younger girl’s waist and took off her helmet too. Bomi helped her get off the bike and placed the helmets into the little trunk at the back of the bike. “Okay, let’s go to a mall or something first then” Bomi suggested. She felt someone wrap his or her arms around hers as she turned to confirm that it was Chorong clinging onto her with a smile. Bomi swallowed her saliva at the contact as she smiled back – somewhat awkwardly.

 

“There’s a mall right there, let’s go” Chorong said pointing towards the building across the road.

 

Bomi nodded as she looked at their interlocked arms, “Okay unnie.” And, here, she wondered how she would be able to get through this day without going crazy.

 

 

~

 

 

“Okay so, this is our first dress rehearsal – after all the casual ones – so let’s get all along as usual,” Namjoo said as she spoke to the people gathered in the school hall. The play was classified as extracurricular activity so it took up the students’ weekends, specifically Saturdays.

 

Eunji distanced herself from Naeun more than usual and it was obvious the younger of the two did not enjoy it. But what could Naeun do? She has been cold to the older girl for months; it was only fair to be treated the same way back. Even though, she convinced herself Eunji was giving payback, no one would believe it. “Are you worried about the kiss?” Naeun whispered as Namjoo was organizing all the other students into their positions according to scenes.

 

“No” Eunji replied short.

 

“I’m sorry if it surprised you, I didn’t know what I was doing” Naeun tried to explain without proper reason.

 

Eunji bit her lip, “It’s okay…” she said, “You never seem to know what you’re doing.” She flipped through her script, attempting to distract herself because she knew if she looked at Naeun she would waver. She wouldn’t be able to stop loving the younger girl. She needed to stop interfering with Naeun’s life; she wasn’t a part of it anymore.

 

“Unnie” Naeun called softly.

 

How long has it been since she last heard Naeun call her ‘unnie’? It’ll always be her weakness. Eunji faltered as she looked up from her script and laid her eyes on Naeun instead. She regretted it immediately, “It’s fine… You were probably confused or something, emotionally. It’s okay, I understand.” Naeun looked guilty and Chorong’s words echoed in Eunji’s head as she held Naeun’s hand without giving it much thought, “It’s okay… I’ll wait for you.”

 

“Naeun-unnie!” Namjoo called from across the hall, from the stage. “We need you to be on standby now!”

 

Naeun looked away from their held hands and let her hands slip away from the gentle grasp, “Okay!”

 

Eunji watched as the girl hurried over to the stage with a bitter smile. It was never her intention to be so forgiving but a part of her was willing and she didn’t know how to stop herself. Maybe deep down she still believes that they’re meant to be and she was willing to gamble for that slight chance.

 

“You two are like a typical Korean melodrama.”

 

The voice was familiar and Eunji chuckled at the comment, “Is that a compliment Hayoung?”

 

“Well, I’m not sure” Hayoung said with a shrug, “Do you want one of you two to get cancer?”

 

“Not every melodrama is like that” Eunji argued.

 

“I beg to differ.”

 

Eunji smiled and turned to the girl, “You seem brighter than usual. What happened?”

 

“It seems like no matter what I do I get questioned. When I’m rebellious I get questioned and when I’m happy I get questioned,” Hayoung gave a sigh, “I should just be a robot.”

 

“You’re not happy” Eunji stated, “You just seem like you got something off your chest.”

 

“Are you my psychoanalyst?”

 

“No, I’m just your friend.”

 

Hayoung smiled, genuinely for the first time in a while, and looked up to the stage seeing Namjoo giving orders and Naeun in the corner being a flawless princess. “I did…” she stuffed her hands into her blazer pocket, “It’s something that made me sad but relieved. Maybe that’s why I seem brighter, because I’m relieved.”

 

Eunji nodded, she was never one to pry so she left it there. “Are you backstage?”

 

“No, I’m a tree.”

 

Eunji raised her eyebrows amused, “We have roles like that?”

 

“No, I personally requested it to annoy Bomi unnie.”

 

“I’m sure she’ll hate you for it” Eunji said, “It’s nice knowing you’re going to stop with the badass lifestyle.”

 

“I just needed to clear a little misunderstanding”

 

“It’s good to know that everything’s solved” Eunji was happy for Hayoung, she really was.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter