004

I Less Than Three You

Yoongi's POV

 

It's almost 9 in the morning and I already packed up all my stuff. All what's left to do is to go to that delusional's dorm. I have four baggages all in all and I know I couldn't carry them all, that's why I asked Tae to help me. He's still sleeping because the Principal canceled classes today, for the sake of me transferring dorms. "Yah. Kim Taehyung. Wake up and help me with my bags." I said as I shook his shoulder gently. A low groan was only given to me. "Yah. You promised to help me." I shook him harder. He only opened an eye then grabbed my hand that was shaking him. He pulled me on his bed, making me lay on there, our noses almost touching. He wrapped an arm around my waist then pulled me closer to him. I immediately turned my head away to avoid unwanted things to happen. He buried his face on my neck.

"That tickles, idiot." I said, trying to push him away by his shoulder. "You're getting weirder and weirder each passing day." He never ever does this and it's really creeping me out. "Come on, let's cuddle for a while." He said, his breath tickling my neck more. I don't want to admit it, but I'll miss him, so I just let him do what he want. "Whatever." He hugged me tighter. "I'm gonna miss you." I snorted. "Tss. I'm not gonna go abroad. The freak's dorm is just two buildings away." He mumbled something but I couldn't understand. "What?" He pulled away then turned his back at me. "What if you'll fall in love with him." I laughed, not fake. "Me? Fall in love? With that horse? Psh. No way. Never."

"Really?" He turned his head a bit over his shoulder. "Yes." I stood up then went to check on my bags. "Do you really need to?" I saw him coming closer from the corner of my eye. "Of course. Principal Cho asked me to. And who knows, maybe he'll give me extra grades" He sat beside me on the floor and played with the handle of my bag. "Extra grades. You don't need those. You're smart." I rolled my eyes.

"Have you eaten?" He finally asks, breaking the silence. "Nope. Since I waited for you. But I cooked breakfast. Come on." I stood up then went to our dining area. He followed after a few minutes of calling him. We ate silently and this is the first time we ate without exchanging words. "It'll only be just less than nine months, you know?" He looked at me. "We'll eat lunch together and see each other everyday. The only difference is we won't walk together back here at the dorm after class." He looked back at his food. "It's not that..." He dropped his fork on the plate, producing a sound that I hate so much. He stood up so I immediately stood up, too. "Taehyung" He has his back facing me and his hands are clenched. "Tae, you've been acting really weird lately. The first time we met you were just.... Taehyung, but you're starting to change. Please tell me what's wrong or bothering you. I'm always here to lend an ear, though I may act like a sometimes. Come on, we're best fri--" "That! That's what's wrong!" He suddenly shouted, making me stop and jump a little. He was shaking and clenched his fists tighter. "W-what--" He turned around and this is the first time I saw him like this. The first time I saw him crying.

"You only see me as a friend! A best friend! But I don't see you that way, Yoongi. From the first time I saw you, I immediately liked you. When we became friends, that feeling grew and grew each day. And now that we live in the same... building or dorm or whatever, I know and I'm sure that I love you. I love you, Min Yoongi! I was afraid to confess because I knew that you could never ever return it. I don't want you to leave, Yoongi."

He walked closer to me then rested his forehead on my shoulder. I can feel his tears dripping from his eyes down to my arm. "I-I'm sorry, Tae. I c-can't. I promised Principal Cho. And even though I hate that horse so much, I know he needs help" He hugged me again tightly, his head hanging low. "I expected this." He whispered. He pulled away then wiped his tears quickly. His eyes are a bit puffier right now and a pang of guilt just slapped me. "Taehyung, I'm sorry" He smiled widely, I know it was fake. "N-no. I can't force you to love me. It's my fault though. I expected too much." He laughed, but a tear escaped the corner of his eye. I reached his face to wipe it but he moved away. "N-no, no, no," he shook his head, "it's alright." He said as he wiped his tear. "Let's go! That senior must be waiting for you already!" He tried to sound cheerful and lively as possible, but his voice betrayed him. He carried three of my bags then went to the door. "Come on, Yoongi Bear! What are you waiting for?"

ㅇㅅㅇ 

 

Our walk to the horse's dorm is awkwardly silent. I heard him sniffing a few times and wiping his nose with his jacket. We passed by some students walking around. Then I saw Jungkook approaching me. Taehyung immediately stepped in front of me, back facing me. "What's your business?" Taehyung asked. "Look, I don't want any trouble. I just wanna talk to Yoongi. I wanna say sorry." Taehyung looked over his shoulder to look at me. I shook my head because I wasn't still ready. I might kick him on the face if he tries to talk to me. "No. Just tell it to me." I heard Jungkook groaned then sighed. "Yoongi, I'm so sorry for what I did yesterday. I guess I'm really attracted to you. Please forgive me." Heck. I'm not supposed to forgive him but I'm to kind to not accept that. Besides, I think it's my fault. I'm too attractive. "Okay. Now get lost before I kick you on the ." I said and I heard him shuffle away. Taehyung chuckled then we continued walking.

"That must be it." I said when I saw the dorm. It looks bigger and fancier than the others. Probably for the rich brats. Taehyung is rich too but he chose to stay with me. Ugh. The guilt is coming again. "Then let's go!" We entered and there were only seven doors. Three on the left, four on the right. There's a couch and a flat screen TV near the entrance. There are stairs at the end of the hallway. It's fully air conditioned so it's a bit cold here. "Room 12, second floor." I said to Taehyung then we went upstairs. The second floor is a different story. It looked a bit fancier than the first floor. It may not have a couch and flat screen TV, but it has a chandelier. There are five doors. Three on the left, two on the right. The doorknobs might be all made of gold just by the looks of it. If the first floor is painted all white, this floor is painted beige. And... Wait. There's WiFi. I hope it's free. Room 12 is by the end of the hallway. I think this isn't even a dorm anymore.

"I guess this is goodbye." He said then handed me my bags. "Yeah... See you tomorrow, Tae." He smiled then ruffled my hair. Watching him walk away makes me feel something I've never felt before. I don't know... Pain? 

"Taehyung, wait!" I shouted, it's like my lips moved on their own. I dropped my bags then I ran to him. This feels like a drama. I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back. I buried my face on his chest, kissing it lightly, thinking that it will ease the great pain that I know he feels right now. I know it'll be just nine months but everything won't be the same. I pulled away from the hug then tiptoed, giving him a light kiss on the cheek. "Bye, Tae. I-I'll miss you."

ㅇㅅㅇ