Nine

The "Some" Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They ended up filming Healing Camp together, upon the approval of the head.

The following Sunday, the seven of them sat in the holding room, waiting for the crew to set up for a totally different show. It was a rare sight to see any of them appear one another variety show outside Running Man, let alone Jaesuk being the guest and not the host. There was a different air in the room though, with the assistants awkward around the nation's emcee.

"We're prepared for this." Kwangsoo spoke up, trying to convince himself and the other six members as he reread the script in his hands. Unlike Running Man, the other variety shows usually had scripts prepared for questions asked and the general flow of the program. They knew everything that would be asked, but the show's main host Lee Kyung Kyu was notorious for being straightforward and going off script.

"Remember, we can promote the show too. Remind the public about how they fell in love with us." Jaesuk said as he placed his own script back on the table.

"But why do I feel like I might throw up?" Dong Hoon mused pathetically, the shortest member keeping his own script firmly in his hand.

"You're on both Saturday and Sunday prime time variety shows, stop being dramatic." The eldest ordered, but he knew what he meant too.

"Hyung, are you jealous?"

"Yah don't start now!"

As Jaesuk and Jongkook bickered, Jihyo held her own script, trembling slightly. She didn't think it would be difficult to appear on the show, but now with the weight of the world on it, coupled with the members' fears, she felt like she was struggling to fit in all over again, worried about what she would say and do.

"It'll be okay." Gary whispered, soft enough for her to hear alone. She nodded once, but he still held out his hand to hold hers. Around them, the cast bickered and read their scripts, oblivious to their actions.

They didn't act any different from usual when they were together with the members, because it would be strange transitioning from friends to lovers in front of the cast that knew them since the start. It was the little actions here and there that separated them from their their family though.

"Oppa, I'm glad they are here." She lowered her voice, watching Kwangsoo get himself in a headlock from Jongkook over something he said. The maknae whimpered, creating a comical and somewhat pathetic sight for the crew around them.

"Well I'm glad you're here." He replied cheekily.

With that, she whacked him hard on the shoulder, and her nerves dissolved. He always knew what to say when it came to calming her down.

"Yah you two." Jaesuk teased, and they turned around, realizing that everyone was watching them, amused. "Let's go, they've called us."

It's nothing different from filming Running Man, but now it's weird to see them in a studio instead of running outdoors doing missions and hiding from each other. They took their set places, with Jongkook, Dong Hoon and Sukjin in the front row. Jihyo settled in between Kwangsoo and Gary, while Jaesuk took the end nearest to the hosts at the back. The slate was hit, and the three charming hosts exchanged brief greetings quickly at the cast.

"Welcome to another episode of Healing Camp!" Sung Yuri cried out enthusiastically, opening the show.

"I predict that today's episode will be interesting." Lee Kyung Kyu smiled, as he teased the viewers.

"We see them every Sunday, running and tearing name tags, but to appear on another show? That's rare." Kim Jedong nodded in agreement. "Especially that chatterbox there. He's probably squirming at the fact that he isn't the host!"

Jaesuk laughed good naturally, giving a big reaction. "Yah, just introduce us already!"

"Without further ado, here are our guests for today. From the cast of Running Man, the nation's MC, Yoo Jaesuk! He's here with our Monday Couple, Song Jihyo and Kang Gary, and giraffe Kwangsoo!" Yuri laughed, doing her best to kick off the show with gusto. "We can't forget Sparta Kim Jongkook, kid leader Ha Ha or Sukjin either!"

"I like how she introduced everyone with a nickname except Sukjin Hyung." Dong Hoon teased.

"There's nothing much to say anyway." Kyung Kyu spoke up bluntly, and Sukjin could only whine in protest.

"Hyung, you want to be called race starter or Impala instead?" Kwangsoo joked, and they laughed, doing what they did best in front of the studio cameras.

"Usually, we'll ask our guests if they would want to promote anything. But we're all SBS family, so let's just chat and relax!" Jedong introduced casually, and immediately Jihyo picked up his words, knowing that they would be in for a tough time. Kyung Kyu wasn't one to hold back his words, from their experience with him on the show, and neither was the witty Jedong.

Beside her, Gary looked over, concerned. He didn't want her to feel more uncomfortable than she was, even with the reassurance of Kwangsoo by the side. Instead, she smiled certainly at him, and he wished he could reach over to kiss her worries away.

"We've asked you to prepare your top five moments and thoughts on filming Running Man." Yuri smiled, lifting the mood for the guys. "You all have gone through so much!"

"We always worked our hardest on every episode, it's amazing how far we have come." Jaesuk spoke up on behalf of the cast.

"Yes, and finding the time to date as well? That's amazing!" Kyungkyu folded his arms, nodding at the Monday Couple, who looked away as the cameras focused on them. Jihyo blushed, wondering if the were going to zoom in on her reddened cheeks.

"Well Ha Ha did get married halfway through the show." Jongkook offered, seeing their awkwardness. Dong Hoon took the opportunity to give a shoutout to Byul, being open to his one true love on television. Jihyo was thankful for all the diversions, but she knew that if they didn't perform, they would be back on more shows, and it would be non negotiable. They weren't in any way done, and she had to quickly build up anticipation before it was too late.

"Now, let's reveal the fifth best moment." Jedong lifted the board they had prepared beforehand, tearing off the removable bit at the bottom. "First show?"

"Yes, the first episode of Running Man was met with a lot of criticism, saying that the show was too vigorous." Jaesuk explained, for he was set by the members to elaborate on any questions first. "It was the first time we tried filming outdoors like that, with the name tag idea as well."

"We didn't know what to expect, and it wasn't familiar for the audience." Sukjin nodded. "We didn't plan for a female member at the time either."

"But Jihyo fits the program very well!" Yuri complimented, and Jihyo bowed in thanks.

"Jihyo noona isn't an ordinary woman anyway." Kwangsoo protested, and she whacked him on the head. Knowing she would apologize later, he smiled, clutching his head in mock agony.

"Yah, you wanna die?" Gary blurted out before she could, leading to a round of teasings.

"Eyyy do you speak up for her now?"

"Couple telepathy?"

Jihyo was thankful for his outburst though, because she was at her wits end trying to find a way to subtly bring their relationship back into focus. As private as she was, she was pressured to play her part as the Monday girlfriend perfectly, if not better than she usually did.

"Well, we are still thankful for our beloved PD's ideas." Jongkook shared once the studio was calmed down. "By first show, we meant the start of the program, when we were struggling to find our place on Sunday television. We had so many changes and tweaks, so the hard work everyone contributed in the beginning can't be forgotten."

"Ah, it must feel good having a show this big now." Kyungkyu said enviously, leading another round of teasings of his apparent jealousy for the success of others.

"What's next?" Yuri asked, moving on swiftly. "Oh, special people?"

"We can't film such a show without the wonderful people around." Kwangsoo explained, smiling lightly. "We want to take this opportunity to thank our previous members, Song Joongki and Lizzy, and guests like Suzy and Yonghwa for making each episode fun."

"Ah, they were entertaining too!"

"I bet they regret quitting." Kyungkyu said bluntly, referring to Joongki and Lizzy.

"Aniyo, there comes a time when you struggle to balance the show and career." Jihyo spoke up, feeling the need too. Under the studio's bright lights, she felt a little queasy for doing so, but she didn't want to sit by at the back any longer.

"Oh? How so?"

"Well," She stammered, catching Gary's eye. He understood perfectly, coming into save her.

"Sometimes you can't find the time to do the things you love. I'm thankful for Running Man, really, but it's hard to find time to write songs and continue music, and that's why I did before the show." Gary helped explain, and the MCs nodded in understanding, watching the pair.

"Ah, I understand. It's hard to find out which path should you focus on, isn't it?" Yuri, being a former girl group member and now an actress, agreed.

"And that's why we are thankful to them for being there, when they could have stuck to their previous jobs instead." Jihyo finished, and Gary smiled warmly, the two oblivious to the grins around them.

"You two fit perfectly, you know? It just flows." Jaesuk laughed, sparking a round of applause.

"Yah, I'm the main host here." Kyungkyu joked, reprimanding the nation's MC for taking over his teasing role. "Moving on, number three! What's this? Overseas filming?"

"Ah, how could we not? We've been to countries all over Asia and even Europe because of Running Man, it's definitely one of our favourite moments." Sukjin grinned, excited about the thought of traveling.

"We've been to China, Hong Kong, Australia for filming! And even countries like Singapore and Malaysia for fanmeets." Ha Ha explained happily.

"Wah, I'm jealous of you guys!" Jedong frowned exaggeratedly. "It must be fun traveling around."

"We love how passionate the fans are overseas as well." Jongkook spoke up, taking the chance to thank the fans. "They waited at airports for us, and they've made Kwangsoo the Asia Prince he is now!"

"Ah, it's nothing. Thank you everyone." The giraffe smiled modestly, much to his hyungs' chagrin.

"Yah, you love it, stop pretending." Jaesuk said, whacking the maknae on the back.

"Who's the best person out of the cast to travel with?" Yuri asked, curious.

"Probably Gary. He shows you where the clubs are." Dong Hoon joked, and they groaned in disagreement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter