A new beginning on our last day.

Mermaid's Egg
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D.O.'s POV

 

 

Ever since the incident of the Folk Village and in the cafeteria room, everything seemed to be calming down now.  But sadly our trip here in Jeju seem to come to a close and I did not like the thought of that. Joonmyeon decided to stay away from us, mostly to the fear of becoming frozen on the spot, also the reports of Kai's transformation have been labeled as a "prank" but still some locals believe that the mermaid video and incident at the village is all connected. What I'm mostly surprised about is that the police haven't caught Kai's friends.

Now here I am packing up for what may be the most depressing departure ever. Kai got a message from his family that he is supposed to return soon. His mother cannot handle what has happened upon the surface and demands he returns immediately. However, his father says he can come back when everything calms down there since he knows that some sailors might be on the lookout for a mermaid in their waters. 

Kai was upset that he had to return but was grateful that his father told him to stay only for a little bit, just enough time to say goodbye. We (meaning me and the BaekYeoL couple) have spent Kai's last days exploring the island, eating at the local restaurants, and of course swimming at the beach. But today was our last day here and we will be leaving in the afternoon tomorrow and Kai will go back with his friends in the morning. 

We were going to spend some time together...but I haven't seen him or the others since breakfast... I wonder where they are. 

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

hmmm, maybe that's them. 

I opened the door and to my not so surprise its the lost pup and giant elf. with no Kai. 

"Where's Kai?"
All they did was smile at me and then I saw darkness.

"ACK!!! What are you guys doing!?!" Then I was being lifted up, probably on Chanyeol's shoulders. 

"QUIET, we are going somewhere fun." 
"what are you talking about Byun Baekhyun? yah! let me go, tell your idiot-"

Just then something covered my mouth and I was silent. 

"just stay quiet until you hear the word "okay", got it"

I just mumbled and waited. 

It was long before I heard the sounds of the waves and the seagulls close by. But why have the brought me to the beach? Just then I was carefully placed down but the blindfold that blocked my sight was still on me. Thankfully the gag on my mouth was removed. I stood there and waited for the signal to remove my blindfold. Then I hear the words "okay" but not from the idiots. I undid my blindfold and was surprised to find what my eyes have adjusted to.  

 

What....

"What is this???"

"Our last meal together."

I turned around to find Kai smiling at me looking cute in his summer wear. 

 

I smiled at him and gave him a serious look. "What is all this?"

He smiled and gave me a bouqet of flowers. "You look nice, very nice."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter