"Jongin ah, hyung is sorry. Hyung..."

Tell me how to trust again.

Cry, cry and cry. Pain, he doesn't even know what it feels like anymore. His mental is numb from all the pain he had. His tongue is numb from saying all the words that could protect him. His voice could no longer be heard in the house except for answering some questions with a simple yes or no. His actions are no longer taking into accounts, his soul is somewhere else. He is no longer the bright KyungSoo, the KyungSoo who have been trying hard and smiling, had long gone from our visions. 

 

"Kyungsoo hyung, let's go to the cinema this Sunday can? Treat on me!" Jongin, his brother said to him.

 

Jongin knew what had Kyungsoo went through. He knew all the pains Kyungsoo had held in. To Jongin, Kyungsoo is his admirer. Jongin admired at how Kyungsoo can held in all the pains and yet wear a bright smile on his face whenever he comes to school. Jongin met Kyungsoo through musics. Musics get them know themself better and musics let them shared their hearts. Jongin, is the son of the school director. His father wants him to take the director positin after he graduated, but Jongin strongly refuse, he followed his late mother's steps, his mother was a music person, so does him.

 

Everyday not wanting to face his father and step mother, Jongin stayed in the school's studio, that's where he met Kyungsoo. Everyday, he listens to Kyungsoo soulful voice through the school hall and he gets attached to it. Kyungsoo sings so beautifully, that is what Jongin thinks. But everyday, he hears a silent crying followed after the loud musics, Jongin somehow, understands the crying. So they met and Jongin keeps on admiring at how strong a person could be. Facing a broken family, financial problems and all the house chores, Jongin wants to protect Kyungsoo as his brother, because Kyungsoo, remember him of his late mother. 

 

"Uhh- ahh okay I'll ask my mother first," Kyungsoo replied.

"Hyung..." Jongin hates to listen to that as an excuse. "You're lying.." he said. 

Kyungsoo looks guilty. "Jongin ah, I'm sorry. You know what my life is all about right? Forgive hyung okay? I'll treat you in the future." Jongin wary, he wanted to cry so much for Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo himself didn't cry.

Jongin nods. " I'm sorry hyung." "No it's alright." Kyungsoo gave him a warm smile.

 

Jongin cries as Kyungsoo walks away. "Jongshin hyung, i miss you..."

Jongin once had an older brother, Kim Jongshin, he loved and admired his brother so much but, Jongshin passed away. Jongshin is a good brother, and a passionate fan for musics. But he died due to depression because of losing their mother and the fact their father remarried so soon and forced him to stop making musics. He took too much of sleeping pills and died. Jongin was 9.

 

Now that so many years had past, Jongin is now 16 and Kyungsoo is 17. Since entering high school, Jongin senses Jongshin presence. And now that he knew, in deep down of Kyungsoo soul, there's a piece of them which fits his brother Jongshin. That is why Jongin has been clinging onto Kyungsoo, he wanted to protect the person who cured his longiness towards his mother and brother, he wanted to protect Kyungsoo before it was too late. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

 

Kyungsoo puts on the pink rubber hand glove, he takes the brush and clorox, he started to clean the toilet. It's Sunday, without getting enough rest, he started off the works just so he won't be hearing any nagging in the morning. After feeling a bit dizzy, he prepares toast as breakfast and hand made a hangover soup. He knew his mother came home drunk with her affair. And situations will get worse if his mother is drunk. He quietly prepares the breakfast and put them infront of his mother room's door. Kyungsoo then went out to do grocery shopping for lunch and dinner. Kyungsoo did the cooking too, since his mother was badly involved in alchohols. 

 

He wears a black Nike snickers and head towards the market, it was a gift from Jongin for his birthday this year. Kyungsoo too, love Jongin as his brother. The fact that Jongin is from a rich family did make Kyungsoo felt uncomfortable at first, but after reading his hearts, Jongin is fragile. "Once broken there is no replacement." that is what Kyungsoo teased  Jongin all the time. They both grew up so alike due to spending much times together. They went through each other ups and downs, joys and sorrows. Kyungsoo is infinitely grateful because he met Jongin, the one who actually makes him a warm person again. Kyungsoo never thought he would meet happiness again after all the pains he has been receiving. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jongin stands there with his hands in the pocket of a light brown coat, a gift from Kyungsoo for his birthday. Kyungsoo saves up all his penny to get the coat for him and he felt proud that after all, there is someone who he can lean on and trust again. It is now winter, he stands infront of the market to wait for Kyungsoo, he knew Kyungsoo will be there every Sunday. He actually dreamt of Kyungsoo last night, a terrified dream where Kyungsoo died because of him. Jongin is so afraid and he stayed awake after the dream. That is the reason why he wants to see Kyungsoo.

He sees Kyungsoo walked accross the street towards his direction. He released a sigh of relieve to see his hyung again. Jongin waves at Kyungsoo with a bright smile. 

"Ohh Jongin ah, what are you doing here?" Kyungsoo asked in curiosity. 

"Oh uhm-" Jongin hesitates to tell Kyungsoo about the dream. "Uhm just because I miss my hyunggiee~" Jongin put up an aegyo towards Kyungsoo. Both of their noses turn red due to the coldness. 

"Aigoo my Jongin is so cute. You should wear thick clothes Jongin ah, hyung don't want you to get sick." Kyungsoo said while adjusting Jongin's scarf. Kyungsoo's eyes are watery due to the strong winter wind. And both of them went into the market. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Kyungsoo walks home with a smile on his face, but slowly his mile fade away. His house gate is opening wide and he could heard the screamings and the glass breaking noises, he wanted to run away but his heart couldn't. He puts down the grocery bags and slowly walks inside to the house. He walks with shoes on because broken glasses are everywhere. He peeks a little bit behind the wall and he saw two men was hitting his mother. 

"THIS CRAZY AHJUMMA! PAY BACK OUR MONEY OR I'LL KILL YOU NOW!!" A man with a big built up body shouts. 

 "No no- no.. wait.. I'll pay y-yo-you bac-ck within 2 months. I-I promise you." the woman voice is shaken. Then, mrs. Do saw Kyungsoo behind the wall. 

"Ah no no-no y-you can tta-ke that kid, y-you can u-use him to pay back ma-my money" mrs. Do said while pointing at Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo broke into tears. His eyes are shaken, cold sweats start to paint his face. "Omma..." He said while catching up his breathe. 

The two men quickly drag Kyungsoo. "OMMA! OMMA! OMMA!! HOW COULD YOU USE YOUR SON?! ME..AM I--AM I E-EVEN YOUR SON?!" Kyungsoo screamed in pain with tears streaming down his cheeks. He got beaten all over his body. Bleeding, crying, Kyungsoo ran away in disbelief of his mother action. 

 

He ran toward the rooftop of an abandoned building. He cried all the day and he decided to take a nap. He took out his phone and text Jongin. 

 

"Jongin ah... can you come to the studio in school for awhile? Hyung...." he sent it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continue...

p.s : How is the story? Comments are welcome! sorry for grammar mistakes. I hope the readers can stick to this story until the ending. Thank you!