Two

My Past. My Present. My Future?

 

 

 

1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7…and 8 and stop! You got the steps or do you still have any problems with them, guys?“, the choreographer asked the six young men. Gasping for air they only could nod. 

 

 

„Fine. Then we’re finished for today. See you tomorrow. And Daehyun, can you come with me for moment?“

With these last words, the middle aged man stepped out from the gym followed by one of the young six men.

 

 

„Is something wrong, seonsaengnim?“, asked Daehyun as soon as they stepped out.

 

 

„I don’t know. You tell me, Daehyun. I know that you’re not the best dancer but it seems that the past few days you’re somewhere else but not here with your thoughts. Is something bothering you? You know, you can tell me.“

 

 

„I know, ssam, but there’s nothing. I think that I’m just a little bit stressed since we just came back from our world tour. Don’t worry, I’ll be okay until the comeback.“, the brown haired guy answered with a small smile.

 

 

„If you say so, Daehyun. I know that you all are tired. I think I have to talk to our CEO so you can take a break for a while until your comeback. But for today, all of you take a rest, nae? Tell the boys  you can go home or whatever. Annyeong!“ The choreographer waved and Daehyun did a small bow before he went back to his friends and bandmates.

 

 

„What did ssam said?“ was the first thin he heard from his friends as soon as he stepped in the gym.

 

 

„Nothing bad. He just think that I’m a little bit unfocused and he said we can go home or do whatever we want. We are free for today.“

 

 

Not long after Daehyun said that they’re free, one by one left the gym. The last one was Daehyun. He didn’t plan to chill out. He wanted to to practice a bit more. He turned the music on and started with the choreography.

 

 

After two hours of non-stop dancing, Daehyun fell on the floor. Totally exhausted and sweaty as hell. He didn’t turn of the music and just let it play. 

 

 

A small tear run over his face. Always recalls what a day today is. It should be his child’s second birthday. He knew from his mother that Yeoni gave birth to a little boy on August 23 and today was that day.

 

 

Daehyun regretted his decision leaving his girlfriend and son but he didn’t had the guts to come back to her after he left so he decided to be a successful Idol and as soon as he comes back to them, he can give them the life they deserve to have. He wanted to make up for the times he wasn’t there for his family.

 

 

But the time he came back to Busan for the first time after his debut, his mom told him that Yeoni moved aways. For good. 

 

 

There wasn’t a time he didn’t think about his family that he lost because of his decision. Always thinking about the ‘What ifs…’.

 

 

What if he didn’t said those words that hurt her so much?

 

What if he told her that he will be always there for her?

 

What if he stayed instead of leaving them?

 

What if he gave up on his dreams just to be with his family?

 

 

Maybe he would be there when his girlfriend gave birth to their son.

Maybe he would be there when his son got his first teeth, made his first step, spoke his first word.

Maybe they would be a happy family now, even if he wasn’t an Idol.

 

 

But it’s too late now. 

It’s too late to turn back the time. 

Yeoni was gone…together with their son.

He doesn’t even know the name of his son! What a nice father he is, right?

 

 

While walking around Seoul, Daehyun still couldn’t stop thinking about Yeoni and the baby.

 

 

How are they?

Are they doing well?

Where are they?

Did Yeoni already forget about him?

Did she fall in love again…with another man?

Does his son know, who his dad is?

 

 

He doubted that his son knew who he was. And if Yeoni moved away…maybe she moved  to another country. Just to minimize the possibility to meet him again.

 

 

Always thinking the same things but he never got an answer. And maybe he will never get them. 

 

 

Walking pass by a toy store, he couldn’t resist to go in and look for a toy. A toy for his son, who he never got to meet. Daehyun chose a big Minion and went back to his dorm.

 

 

On the way to his dorm he walked pass by a day care. He took a look in it and saw so many children. Seeing these kids…it reminds him again of his son. 

 

 

They must be celebrating a birthday because he could see a little party and the children were wearing party hats. With a sad smile he finally continued his way to the dorm.

 

 

„Hyung, where were you? Did you eat cheesecake again without us?“, asked Zelo the moment he heard that his hyung got back home. He and the others went straight home and got some rest while Daehyun was out. 

 

 

„No, not this time, Junhongie-ah. I was just buying something. Don’t worry, I already promised you that I’ll take you with me next time.“ After saying that to his maknae, Daehyun went to his room which he shares with his bestfriend Youngjae. 

 

 

„What did you buy this time, Dae?“

Youngjae was lying in his bed while playing a game on his notebook.

 

 

„I bought him a minion. You know it’s his birthday today.“

Knowing who was meant by him Youngjae understand why his bestfriend was so distracted the past few days.

 

 

„Yeah, right…“ That was all Youngjae could say.

He didn’t want to say to his best buddy that everything will be okay or giving him false hopes by saying that someday they will meet again and be a happy family.

That all would be a lie.

 

 

„I wish I could see him. Even if it’s just for once.“ Like earlier in the gym, another tear run over his handsome face. 

 

 

„If fate really plans for you three to meet again, then you will see your son and her again.“, said a deep voice behind the both of them. 

 

 

„Hyung…“ „Yongguk-hyung…“

 

 

Yongguk took a seat beside Daehyun and pat his head.

 

 

„I can’t put myself in your position, but you’re my brother and I want you to be happy like everyone of us. And I know that you can only be happy when you’re together with your little family. So all we can do is to never lose hope and maybe someday…you will meet them.“

 

 

Silence

 

 

„That…was…so…damn…cheesy, dude.“

 

 

Himchan burst in with Jongup and Zelo.

 

 

„Hyung, you ruined the mood.“, Jongup let out a small laugh. And the other couldn’t help and join in with Jongup. 

 

 

„But you see, our Busan-Boy is not in a bad mood again.“

 

 

„Thanks, guys. I love you all.“ Daehyun smiled and hugged his little present.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe fate did plan something for him. But if he get his happy end…let’s hope Daehyun’s fate won’t be too cruel to him.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay...I know that was sooo cheesy and dramatic

but I couldn't help it xD

Still hope you liked it^^

 

Merry Christmas (even I'm a bit late. kkk)

and

Happy New Year!

 

cy_nica