Case#02 Part 5

SM-5 : The Perfect Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: SM-5 The Perfect Mystery 

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Mystery, Angst, Action 

Ratings: All ages 

Case #02: M e m o r i e s

Part 5

 

  ~~~

 

  “Kris Wu-shi!”

  She yelled his name loudly, as she stepped out of the building to see his figure walking away. He stopped, for a moment, but he did not turn around. She dashed forward, knowing exactly what she needed to do, the answers she needed to get, and the few things she had to find out. She knew what her job required her to do, and she was going to do it.

  “Kris Wu-shi, you didn’t answer my question.” She ran in front of him, then faced him with a serious look on her face.

  “I’m not obligated to.” He said curtly, about to walk away.

  She grabbed his arm, stopping him and going in front of him once more. “Kris Wu-shi, please, give me some answers. Some people have died and we need to get answers before more people start-“

  “Whether those people have died or not, it does not concern me since I am not the murderer.” His answer was brisk. “Therefore I still have no obligations to answer your questions.”

  “Please.” She begged, lowering her pride for the moment, for she knew his answers were crucial. “I’m sorry about how I acted during the questioning, I’m hot-headed and rather rude at times and I’m sorry, but we really need your-“

  “Im Yoona-shi.” He said sharply, giving her a cold look. “Your conduct does not concern me, and neither does this entire case. What concerns me is my work, and I have to head back to do that work. And I suggest…” He took her arm off his. “…That you return to your work as well.”

  She was speechless, staring at him as he walked away. His curt manner of speaking, his sharp, well-thought words that left her with nothing to counterattack him with...She was sure Victoria could handle him well, in a good word war, but no, Im Yoona wanted to find out more about Kris Wu on her own, and she swore, when she did…

  She was going to bring him down.

 

~~~

 

  “Oh, Changmin-shi, you’re questioning me?”

  Changmin walked in and sat across a bright-eyed girl, who smiled cheerfully as she shook his hand. Changmin and Minho were both a part of the aristocratic society, and that society, it was a place where everyone pretty much knew everyone, and it was definite that he had been acquainted with Minho’s younger sister. Smiling kindly, he took out his case folder.

  “How are you, Sulli-shi?” His question was polite.

  “I’m good…” She grinned, then she bit her lip. “Except, for the deaths and then… Minho-oppa’s not at home anymore…” She tried to smile. “…It makes me kind of lonely, I guess.”

  “Minho’s told me that you’re pretty capable, Sulli-shi.” Changmin commented, trying to lift her spirit a bit.

  She shrugged her shoulders. “Minho-oppa is a bit too under-confident, at times. Appa always says that he’s useless but I don’t think so. I’m glad he’s got a job…but I hope he returns soon.”

  “You don’t think he’s a threat to your position?” Changmin asked frankly.

  “He will never be a threat to my position, because the one I’d battle with, if I want to company, would probably be Siwon-oppa.” Sulli was just as straight-forward as he was. “Minho-oppa is far too kind, and he always gives in…He’s a good brother and I miss him…” She leaned forward and her tone became serious. “Changmin-shi, is Minho in trouble?”

  Changmin sighed deeply. “I’m afraid I cannot tell you that, Sulli-shi.”

  “He is…isn’t he…” Sulli’s words were solemn, sighing and leaning back against the chair. “I don’t know why you would ever suspect Minho-oppa, he’s not that sort of person…”

  “Then I’ll make this questioning as fast as possible, Sulli-shi, but you’re going to have to give me some truthful answers, alright?”

  Sulli nodded. “Of course.”

  “Sulli-shi, what’s the relationship between you, Park Jiyeon and Krystal Jung?” Changmin’s tone was gentle. “We do know that you are from the same school, however, there seems to be a lot more to the connection…”

  “We were really good friends, sort of like a clique.” Sulli recalled. “I first saw Suzy, Jiyeon and Jiyoung on my first day of school, and I thought they were really cool and stuff. Me and Krystal were childhood friends, and so both of us sort of joined their clique.”

  “And it seems here…” Changmin scrolled down on his computer screen. “…That Suzy-shi and Jiyeon-shi were close, whilst you and Krystal-shi were close.”

  “It was more or less like that.” Sulli nodded once more. “But Jiyoung was close to everyone, she just didn’t have a particular ‘partner’ since the group was uneven.”

  Changmin thought it over. “Alright…were you aware the Krystal-shi and Jiyeon-shi had debts?”

  “Krystal…Krystal’s mom was sick, so she needed money urgently.” Sulli said sadly, as she remembered. “…She could only borrow money, and apparently there was this so-called ‘reliable’ source to get it.” Sulli sighed deeply, again. “I didn’t know Jiyeon was borrowing from the same source, though…”

  “A reliable source?” Changmin raised his eyebrows. “Krystal-shi thought the loan sharks were ‘a reliable source’ to get money?”

  “I don’t know, I told her not to.” Sulli was distressed. “Krystal’s a really difficult person to hoodwink or anything, so I was kind of confused when she insisted that borrowing the money would be reliable…”

  Changmin was alarmed. “Did you try and do anything to help?”

  Sulli leaned forward once more, her tone soft. “She wouldn’t accept my help, I knew. She’s got too much pride to accept help from me, so…I asked Minho-oppa to offer her money, but she didn’t want to take it.”

  “Minho? Why Minho?”

  Sulli hesitated. “Changmin-shi, if I tell you this, please promise me that you’ll never tell Minho-oppa that I told you? I promised him I wouldn’t tell, but seeing how the situation is, I think I’ll have to tell you…”

  “Of course, Sulli-shi.”

  “…Minho-oppa had a crush on Krystal when we were in high school…” Sulli whispered softly. “But…there were a lot of different problems then, and though I think Krystal liked him too, at a point of time…They just didn’t date and that’s when Minho-oppa’s problem started.”

  Changmin raised his eyebrows. “Problem? What problem?”

  “Well, you know…Minho-oppa’s got this reputation for dating loads of girls and being a total player, but it’s not like that…” Sulli let out a bitter sigh. “I think there was a part of him that connected with Krystal and stuff… But the upperclassmen were horrible, and he couldn’t date a junior who was two years younger cos’ he’d totally lose her status, and she’d lose hers, so yeah… After that he dated many girls but I don’t think he ever liked any of them.”

  “Did Krystal tell anyone, about this?”

  “No, she didn’t.” Sulli shook her head worriedly. “That’s why I’m even more worried that Minho-oppa is being tied to this case, and at the same time Krystal…” She paused. “…It was all a secret I kept, and I swear I haven’t told anyone else.”

  Changmin closed his eyes in frustration. “Sulli-shi, I think you’ve given me another point, but now I have no idea how I’m going to connect it to the case.”

  “Please…” Sulli begged as she held Changmin’s hand. “Please make sure to clear Minho-oppa’s name. I don’t know what’s going on, but he’s not the person to do such a thing, and with Krystal dead, I think he’s badly hurt, Changmin-shi…” She was sincere. “Please…I know you’ll be able to help him.”

  “I’ll do my best, Sulli-shi.”

 

~~~

 

/ Victoria, are you and Minho out of the office already? /

/ Yes Changmin, why? /

/ I’ve just finished my questioning with Sulli, and I think it’s best she doesn’t see her brother for awhile. /

/ Huh? /

/ …Just listen, Vic. /

/ But if someone’s trying to frame Minho, Sulli will be in danger too. If it’s not her brother who will protect her, then- /

/ I’ll do it, personally. /

 

~~~

 

  “What’s up?”

  Minho asked, as they both climbed up the staircase to Victoria’s apartment, with Victoria shoving her phone into her bag. Victoria was barely listening to him, though, for she had heard Changmin’s serious tone and she knew that there was definitely something wrong.

  Everything had seemed to be a bit off that day, with Yoona’s suspicious reactions to Kris Wu and now Changmin’s seriousness in not wanting to let Sulli meet Minho. There was something wrong and Victoria was sure of it, however, she knew it was going to be difficult to tell Minho that he couldn’t meet his younger sister.

  “…Don’t meet Sulli for awhile.”

  “What?” He exclaimed in surprise.

  She fished out her keys from her bag, and started to unlock her door. “Don’t ask questions, just stay away from Sulli for awhile. It’s for the best, and when I fully understand why you’re supposed to do it, I’ll probably tell you.”

  “So you don’t understand why and you’re giving me an order?” Minho said incredulously. “You’re a profiler, Vic, you’re-“

  “Well, a profiler doesn’t always understand everything.”

  Victoria snapped out her words in irritation, as she pushed the door open. For some reason, she felt her head ache and she knew the reason why was probably the fact that she felt she was barely able to deduce anything from the case so far. More lives were at stake and she was pissed at herself for still being stuck in the middle of nowhere. She stepped into the apartment in a huff, pulling Minho with her.

  “Mi, I’m back!” She called.

  Zhoumi got up from the sofa, wearing his glasses and holding a book in his hands. “Oh Vic, you’re- Who is this?”

  “I’m Choi Minho.” Minho bowed in respect immediately.

  “Your boyfriend, Vic?” Zhoumi teased.

  “Nah, my colleague.” Victoria smiled as she placed her bag on the sofa. “He’ll be staying in the empty room for awhile, until the case is closed, hope you don’t mind, Mi.”

  Zhoumi shook his head with a warm smile. “Not at all.” He turned to Minho. “Welcome.”

  Minho shook Zhoumi’s hand slowly, having a few thoughts in his mind of who-

  “…Minho, if you’re thinking that Mi’s my boyfriend, he’s not.” Victoria said sharply as she caught Minho’s eye, chuckling softly.

  “Oh…” Minho said guiltily as Zhoumi laughed. “He is…?”

  “Professor Zhoumi, studying Psychology in Seoul University.” Victoria said a-matter-of-factly. “We met in Peking University where we got our degrees, and then we came over to Seoul when he decided to take a course to strengthen his knowledge in Psychology…He wants to be a psychologist.”

  Zhoumi laughed in response. “…You make it sound like I’m a crazed doctor, Vic.”

  “That’s what you are.”

  “You guys say you aren’t dating, but you sure bicker like an old married couple.” Minho muttered to himself, only to receive a good whack from Victoria.

  “Choi Minho, you shut up or I’ll tease you about you and Yoona throughout-“

  “Yoona?” Zhoumi was startled. “Im Yoona?”

  Victoria nodded. “Yes, why?”

  “I think I’ve heard that name before…I just can’t seem to remember where…” Zhoumi tried to think. “Maybe it’s just the trick of the mind, really…”

  “Mi, what’s up?”

  “…Just a thought.”

 

~~~

 

  “Yoona, you’re in early.”

  Kyuhyun’s remark startled her as she walked into the office. She had buried herself in thoughts since the night before, and she still didn’t know how on earth she was going to work things out, especially since the thought of Kris Wu was driving her crazy and it was obvious that he was the main connection to the case. She stomped her way through, and flopped on the sofa.

  “…What are we supposed to do today?” It was all she could ask.

  “Crime scene analysis.”

  “Oh.”

  They were left in awkward silence as Kyuhyun continued to type away on his computer and Yoona kept completely silent. But as much as that silence had engulfed them, there were several things Kyuhyun was positive about.

  Kyuhyun, as quiet as he was being, he knew, and he understood, somewhat, what was going through her mind. He saw how troubled she was after that questioning, and he knew it wasn’t something simple either. But though he didn’t know the exact details, he knew that she was doing her best to solve the case, and he shouldn’t push her any further than sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter