Chapter 3

The Journey of True Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kai! Kai, wake up!", Jay groaned and stretched, sitting up next to her husband. Kai mumbled something incoherent, his voice still heavy with sleep. Jay smiled sleepily, observing how cute Kai looked in his sleep. At the same time he looked freakishly hot exposing his bronzed, adequately muscled arms and toned chest and abs.

Jay pushed herself closer to him and pecked his chest. Kai opened an eye blearily and looked at her.

"Morning babe!" Jay could have fainted at the y morning voice, even though she heard it everyday. She grinned at him, propping herself up on her elbow.

"Morning hon!" she smiled brightly and leaned in for a morning kiss. It started out as soft gentle pecks which in no time progressed to a heated passionate make out.

As they broke the kiss gasping for breath, Jay sat up on the bed, laughing and pulling Kai up with her. Kai reluctantly got up, whining like a little kid.

"We have guests in the house. Can't over sleep!" she told him, still grinning, "And Jia will be up soon! Go be a good daddy!" She pushed him off the bed.

"I'm always a good daddy!" Kai complained, swinging his feet off the bed and onto the ground. He trundled out of the room and to Jihhyun's room while Jay went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Kai slowly pushed open the door to Jihyun's room. His daughter was just starting to stir. She would be awake any moment now. He walked quietly into the room and sat down at the edge of her bed. He stretched his hand out and caressed her cheek.

Jihyun stirred and rubbed her sleepy eyes, as she slowly sat up on the bed. Kai smiled at the adorable sight.

"Daddy..." Jihyun called, groggily, "Is it time to wake up already?"

Kai chuckled and pulled Jihyun on to his lap. She snuggled against her father's strong, comfortable chest and closed her eyes again. Kai kissed her softly on the forehead and caressed her hair.

"Uncle Chanyeol will be here soon with Sujin." he told her gently "Don't you want to be awake and ready when they're here?"

Jihyun nodded sleepily and made to slip of Kai's lap. Kai set her down and she trotted adorably into the bathroom to brush her teeth. Kai followed her and helped her clean her teeth properly. After she was presentable, he scooped her up in his arms again and walked out of the room.

Kai really liked these moments with his daughter. Being the brains behind a highly successful company was a busy job even of he had Jay helping him in the business. He would insist that Jay take care of Jihyun while he managed the business. But Jay had strict ideas about equal division of labour. So they shared the responsibilities of taking care of Jihyun and the company.

"Oh baby, you're ready!" Jay exclaimed as Kai walked into the kitchen with Jihyun "Did you brush your teeth?"

"Yes mommy!" Jihyun said, and wriggled of Kai's lap to give her mother a kiss. Jay lifted her up and planted two fat kisses on her cheeks, making her giggle.

"Are you hungry?" Jay asked her, seating her down on the kitchen counter. Jihyun nodded watching her mother flip the pancakes on the pan.

"We'll wait for Uncle Chanyeol, auntie Yoora and Sujin, alright?" Jay told Jihyun, deftly flipping the pancakes on to a plate. Jihyun nodded and stretched her arms towards Kai again, asking to be lifted up. Kai chuckled and lifted her up again.

"Come on! Let's see whether uncle Xiumin, Suho , Luhan and Kris are awake!" Kai grinned at her, carrying her out of the kitchen.

"Can I play with Liang?" she asked, pouting.

"Sure you can, if uncle Luhan says he's awake and ready!" Kai said, kissing her cheek. Jihyun grinned and nodded at her father.

Kai knocked on Luhan's door. "Hyung, you up yet?" he called.

Luhan opened the door, fully dressed and an awake and hyperactive Liang in his arms. He smiled at Kai and Jihyun.

"Good morning Jia!" he said sweetly "Did you come looking for Liang?"

"Jia jiejie!" Liang called, bouncing in his father's arms. Jihyun grinned and slipped off Kai's arms. Luhan too put Liang down as well.

"Liang, let's go play!" Jihyun said, excited and sca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter