Kai birthday special!

The Journey of True Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: This chapter is just an additonal thing I'm doing for our darling Kai oppa's birthday! This will not affect the rest of the storyline in any way. The events of this chaper are set in the sequel though. Therre will be no flashbacks in this chapter.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

PS: Listen to "Only U" by SNSD-TTS while reading this! Seriously, I melted!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Jay!" Kai called from the bedroom, his eyes not leaving the file that he was going through. He did not get any reply. "Jay!" he called in an even louder voice. Again he was met with silence. He finally looked up from his file, dumbfounded at this lack of response. Jay would always yell back from wherever she was in the house, unless she wasn't in the house itself. And she hadn't told him anything about going out.

He got off the bed and exited the bedroom. The house seemed to be empty. Where had everyone gone? Till yesterday the house had been full of guests! Where did everyone disappear? Now that he thought of it, Jay hadn't been next to him when he woke up either. But because today was an office day, he had not given that much thought, assuming that Jay way already up and preparing for the day. The others were probably sleeping in. Everyone was on a holiday, except for him.

As like on any other office day, he had gotten ready and was waiting for Jay to call him for breakfast. He had been going through one of the files when he had come across some error. SInce Jay was the one who had been handling the file, he called out to her. He was really bewildered at the complete absence of inhabitants in the house.  

He peeked into Jihyun's room to find the bed neatly made and the room completely empty. He walked over to Xiumin's room to find that empty as well. Luhan and Liang were missing from their room too, as were Kris and Ming. There was absolutely no one in the house! Kai made his way dwn to the kitchen. There was a covered plate waiting for him on the table, which he assumed was his breakfast. Nothing special. Plain toast and eggs, just what he had everyday.

But, every day Jay was there to serve it for him! Why was he getting this treatment today? He started feeling a little despondent, He didn't get his good morning kiss today, neither from Jay not from Jia. The house was empty. Everyone was probably out having fun because they were on a holiday. Jay must have gone with them because it would be rude to leave their guests alone. He was the only one who had to go work!

He pulled out his phone and dialled Jay's number, No answer. He dialled Luhan. No answer again. He dialled Kris. Nope. Suho. Nope. Chanyeol. Nope.

Kai sighed and gulped down his breakfast. He pondered on whether he should do the dishes, but he saw he was running late already. So he just left the dishes in the sink and rushed out of the house. The drive to office was uneventful.

As he stepped into his office, the employees gave him wierd looks, like he wasn't supposed to be there. His secretary looked at him curiously as he shrugged out of his coat and hung it neatly on the back of his chair and sat down. He placed his phone on the table and picked up the first file. He was sort of distracted by the fact that his employees kept looking at him like he was crazy. He shrugged it off and opened the file.

He hadn't gone halfway through it when his mind wandered off to Jay and the others. Where did they go? What were they doing? Did they all perhaps go shopping without him? He would have liked to go as well. He frowned as he thought of them having fun while he was stuck with these files.

Another thing bothering him was that he felt like he was forgetting something. Wasn't there supposed to be some event today? He remembered being excited about it a few days back. What was it again? He simply couldn't remember! Had the others gone to attend that event? Why didn't they call him, if so? Kai groaned and slammed the file back on the table. He was overworking himself. Jay was right! He needed a break!

He looked at the time. It had been nearly two hours since he had stepped into his office and he had hardy gotten any work done! This was not working! He got off his chair, put his coat back on and slipped his phone back into his pocket. He told his secretary not to disturb him for two days. Any files, any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter