True Feeling

Brand New Breeze
Please log in to read the full chapter

The weekend passed quickly. It turned out that to think about that matter was not enough for just overnight. Kris changed his mind several times. When he was determined with his decision, certainly not long after that he would change his mind again.

Monday was finally here. That meant back to college and daily routines.

Kris had just gotten out of the shower with a towel hanging around his neck. He walked to his closet, but stopped when he passed the mirror. The water dripped from his wet hair to his bare upper body. Kris faced himself to the mirror and dried his hair with the towel while looking at his reflection in the mirror.

“I’m going to tell her today.” Kris said firmly.

Kris nervously bit his lower lip as he titled his head. For a moment, he thought about it but he shook his head to get rid of that crazy idea. He didn’t even know how to tell her. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and forced his corner lips to tugged upwards. “Kang Hayoung. Don’t you remember me? I am your childhood friend, Kris Wu. Wu Yi Fan is my real name. No, . It was weird as hell.” He facepalmed. He took a deep breath and tried again, “Xiao Mei,” he started. The Chinese words flew gracefully with his native tongue, “I am going to tell you the truth. It’s me, Wu Yi Fan. Did I just surprise you? Yeah. I missed you too. It’s been a long time. Now why the heck am I speaking in Chinese?! She won’t understand me!” he covered his face with both of his hands as he realized that he started to speak in Chinese unconsciously. He cannot believe that he felt nervous just by practicing like this. What will happen if he really tried to speak in front of her. Kris sighed with deflated shoulders.

This was never going to work.

But his intention was clear. He wanted her to recognize him as soon as possible.

And this time, he decided to put his ego away and made the first move. But the only problem here, he didn’t know how to tell her.

“That was fascinating, Fan.” Luhan suddenly spoke up as he leaned his body against the door frame with his hands crossed.

Kris whipped his head towards the voice with widened eyes. Sure, he was shock to find Luhan was smirking and Tao clearly try to hold his laughter by clearing his throat.

“Since when?” he asked, frowning.

“Long enough to hear you said her full name.”

Kris fumed and was about to stormed across the room to get him, but his mother suddenly showed up and it made him stop.

“Luhan? Tao? Why are you still standing here?” she asked while looking at both of them.

“Ma, what did you let this deer and panda upstairs? I thought you disliked animals.” He asked to his mom but his eyes still glared at Luhan and Tao. Tao pretended to be hurt by put his hand over his chest and Luhan gave his mother innocent look and blinked his eyes at her.

Seeing this, suddenly both of these boys in front of her looked much more like the victims of her son’s behavior.

“Wu Yi Fan, they are your friends! How come you are so rude to them. They are so nice to come here in the morning to get you.” She patted both of their cheeks and they beamed at her. Mrs. Wu smiled back at them before she averted her gaze again to her son. “And why are you still dress like that? It’s winter! You are going to catch a cold! Go put some clothes on!” she waved her hands at him with disapproving look. Luhan and Tao tried to hold their laughter as they hid their smile with the back of their hand.

“Ma!” he widened his eyes. He cannot believe his ears that his mother just defended someone else over him.

Mrs. Wu clucked he tongue and pointed at his closet, telling him to get dressed. “Both of you come downstairs. I already prepared the breakfast. Let’s eat together.” She smiled and gestured them to follow her.

“Yes, Wu Ma!” they chimed in chorus and happily followed her, left Kris behind. Kris rolled his eyes as he watched them go and prepared himself before he went downstairs to join for the breakfast.

--------

The initial plan about telling Hayoung who he is was not running smoothly. That day, he didn’t even see Hayoung, either in the cafeteria, at her department, or in the gym. Later he knew that Hayoung was absent from the club either as their manager. When Kris asked Jongjin, he said that Hayoung took a day off, but she didn’t explain why she had to permit herself. Hayoung just said to him that he had important matter.

“You didn’t see Hayoung today?” Luhan asked.

Kris shook his head, his eyes focused on his phone. Tao threw his body beside him and glanced towards his phone screen.

“Who is Hyemi, Hyung?”

Kris glared at Tao. He grinned innocently, showing a row of his perfect teeth. On the other hand, Luhan was also a bit curious about whom Hyemi was.

“Who, Hyung? Is she as kind as Hayoung? Introduce her to me.”

Kris raised an eyebrow, “How you could say that Hayoung is kind? I’ve never seen you talk to her, even in the gym though.”

“Hyung! You think I’m really that introverts?”

“Yes.” He said firmly. Luhan snickered at Tao.

“I met her yesterday. We talked a few things. Of course, aside from basketball topic.”

“Really?”

“In fact, I met her during her visit to our department.”

“To find Luhan?”

“What? I didn’t see her last weekend. Don’t be such a jealous kid.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“You wish.” Kris snickered. “So, why did she come to our building?”

“To find you.” said Tao.

“Me? Did she tell you why?”

Tao shrugged, “I asked. But she didn’t tell me anything. I even offered to be the messenger, but she denied.

It could be the same time when he had his first conversation with her friend, Hyemi. That was why he didn’t see Hayoung on her department. Because Hayoung was looking for him as well to his deparment. *It’s funny. I didn’t expect that we were going to look for each other like that.* he thought.

“Hyung?”

“Huh?”

“Have you met her? She seemed like there was something she wants to talk about.”

Kris shrugged, waved the question away. The boy was too curious, even for his own good. And Kris didn’t want to tell the truth to Tao, because he thought that this was not the right time. Tao caught the signal and he didn’t inquire any further.

Tao laid his back on the comfortable couch. This campus facility were luxurious, even they had a very nice sofa in their recreation room. Warm air generated by the heater in the room made it felt really comfortable. Looks like Luhan also enjoying it too. He sat down on the couch across from them and crossing his legs on top of the table, while playing with his phone.

“Oh, Hyung. You haven’t answered my first question. Who is Hyemi?” asked Tao again. Luhan didn’t avert his attention from his phone but he was listening.

“Hayoung’s friend.”

Tao nodded his head, “Then how did you get her number? Are you close with her?”

He shook his head, “No, she just helping me out.”

“About what?”

Kris sighed, crossing his hands in front of his chest, “You think?”

Tao thought for a moment, titling his head to the side. “I don’t know.” He said with a sigh. But he still tried to think of a reason. “Let’s see. She helps you to make Hayoung remember you?”

Kris didn’t answer, his eyes still focused on his phone.

“I guess I am right.” Tao said to himself, nodding his head. “Hyung! Why are you making all this becomes so complicated? Why didn’t you just say directly to her?”

*It’s the thing I am thinking about for this past few days, stupid!* He thought, annoyed, but he didn’t say it out loud. He was too lazy to argue with Tao.

“Zi Tao.” Luhan started to speak up after a long silence. “Let your Hyung thinking for his own decision. Don’t ask any further.” he said firmly.

Please log in to read the full chapter