Day 3

Honeymoon

“Hey I got your clothes,” Jongup said with his wife’s pyjama in his hand while walking out from the walk-in closet. But his path stopped when he saw his wife froze, unmoved as her eyes widen looking at something in front of her. “Honey…” he called.

He slowly took steps towards his wife with his shaking hand been held out to touch his wife’s shoulder. “Hyunmin…”

Once his hand made a contact with Hyunmin’s shoulder, his body jolted in fear when Hyunmin suddenly screamed like crazy with her whole body shaking, trembling.

“Ahhhhh!!!!”          

Jongup quickly embraced the younger, the girl’s hair softly. “Hey…hey… are you okay?”

Hyunmin buried her face on her husband, gripping tight on Jongup’s shirt and still shaking in fear. Jongup frowned with his wife’s action. ‘What is happening?’

“Are you okay honey?” he asked softly. Hyunmin kept her face hidden on Jongup’s broad chest while Jongup’s eyes wildly looking around but he frowned he realised there’s only him and his wife in room. Softly Jongup cupped Hyunmin’s chin, asking her to look at him. Hesitantly she looked at her husband and met her husband’s worried face.

“What’s wrong?” Jongup asked softly but instead of answering her husband, Hyunmin quickly looked at her surrounding and letting out a relief sigh. Jongup raised an eyebrow. “Are you okay honey?”

Hyunmin quickly nodded her head and grabbed the cloths that her husband already prepared for her and ran into the bathroom, leaving Jongup dumfounded.

“What just happened?” Jongup mumbled, asking himself before he shrugged and laying himself on the bed again but wide awake, can’t sleep. He kept on thinking about his wife. ‘Why is she screaming if there’s nothing happened?’ he thought as he letting out a heavy sighed.

“This is the fourth time she had been acting weirdly,” he murmured, glancing at the bathroom’s door.

 

...........

 

The next morning, Jongup woke up without his wife next to him. He stretched a little before got out from the bed and went to the kitchen. But once he stepped into the kitchen, surprisingly it was empty.

“Hyunmin…” he called, gazes wandering around the room.

He headed to the dining table and sighed a little as he took at the note that was pasted on the mug.

I went out for awhile. Enjoy your breakfast 

But instead of taking a seat at the dining room, Jongup went to the living room and taking out his phone from his Pj’s pocket and rang his wife. After a few rings, Hyunmin was finally picking up.

“Hello?”

Jongup sighed in relief when he heard his wife’s soft voice. “Hey, where are you?”

It took almost 10 seconds for Hyunmin to answer Jongup’s simple question. “Hmm, I’m at the store, buying some stuffs.”

Jongup furrowed when he heard his wife. ‘Buying stuffs? I thought we already had a complete shopping yesterday.’

“Oh, okay. When will you get home?” he asked, being lazy to carry on the topic.

“Noon maybe?”

“Noon? That long? Hmm, okay then. Ring me if you need anything.”

“Okay. Bye!” and without waiting for her husband to bid her back, Hyunmin ended the call, leaving Jongup hung alone.

Jongup sighed as he placed his phone at the side table before leaning hi back at the couch. “What exactly are you hiding from me Hyunnie?”

 


Hyunmin bit her lips a little, feeling guilty. She never meant to lie to her husband or suddenly ignored him on the other night. But the sentences that the girl recited last night kept on repeating in her mind.

He killed me.

“What does she mean? Who is he? And why she told me that?” she murmured as she got out from the car. Hyunmin stared at the building in front of her, taking a deep breath before stepped into the building.

“Welcome!”

Hyunmin nodded a little as she approached the girl. “Hey.”

The girl looked up and smiled widely to the other. “Oh hey! It’s nice to meet you again.”

Hyunmin smiled faintly. She bit her lips, wondering if she really has to do this.

“Is something wrong?” the girl asked. “Oh, no, no. everything is just fine, I guess.”

“You guess?” she repeated her words, smiling mischievously. Hyunmin chuckled a little as she shoved her bangs to the back before it went down back to the original position.

Hyunmin took a breath a bit, letting out slowly before she voiced out what was in her mind.

“Do you remember about the missing girl’s boyfriend? The one you told me about…” she said, earning nods from the girl. “Yeah.”

“Do you somehow know him?”

The girl raised an eyebrow before slowly she shook her head. “Apparently no. I just heard the story from others. Some of…” as the girl was talking, the bell at the mart rang again, signalling that there’s a new customer entered the mart.

The cashier girl was still talking but her gaze was already moved away to the new customer. “Oh!” she exclaimed, stopping all the talks. Hyunmin turned around and her eyes met a middle aged woman who was smiling at her.

Hyunmin bowed a little as a respect towards an adult. “New here?”

“Nah, she’s here with her husband for a honeymoon,” the cashier girl said, wiggling her eyebrows. Hyunmin giggled, slightly blushing before she introduced herself, “I’m Hyunmin. Kim…no…Moon Hyunmin.”

The lady laughed when she heard Hyunmin. “Newlywed huh? It’s okay to mention your new surname wrongly. Practice make perfect.”

“I kept mentioning Kim instead of Moon.”

The lady patted her shoulder, “Totally understand you.”

“Oh, by the way, Hyunmin right? This is Minsung and she knew about the boyfriend,” the girl said, winking. Hyunmin’s eyes widen as she quickly focused on the lady.

“You do?”

“What boyfriend?” the lady asked, frowning in confusing. “About Eunseo’s boyfriend,” the cashier girl explained.

“Her name is Eunseo?” Hyunmin asked for confirmation since it was her first time hearing the missing girl’s name. Her question earned nod from the other two before the lady spoke out.

“Eunseo’s boyfriend? That city boy? Why? What do you want to know about him?”

“Have you meet him before?” Hyunmin asked. The lady nodded her head, smiling. “I did and he’s a wonderful boy.”

Hyunmin smiled a little when she heard the lady. “Handsome?” the cashier asked, full of curiosity.

“Yup. Really handsome. He’s such a perfect guy. He has a look, money, great attitude and I believed he must be an educated person. It was just ashamed that Eunseo and him didn’t remained together forever. I still remember when I saw him crying, forcing the polices to look for Eunseo. He looked so… broken.”

“He must loved Eunseo so much,” Hyunmin said before she continued, “Do you know his name?”

“Of course, my dear. I often had these little chits chatting with him when he was here before.”

“Can I know his name?” Hyunmin asked in careful and felt relief when the lady nodded.

“Jongup. His name was Jongup.”

Once Hyunmin heard that familiar name, she felt like all the oxygen was suddenly gone. Jongup?

“Jongup?” she asked, hoping to hear a no from the other but unfortunately her hope wasn’t come to reality. The lady nodded and asked, “Why? Do you know him?”

“I don’t know. Maybe? What is his full name?”

“Hmmm… something like…m…moon? Moon Jongup. Yeah, yeah Moon Jongup! I still remembered that his friends used to call him Moon Angel before.”

Hyunmin froze before she gulped so hard. That nickname. Her husband’s best friends often call him that since he such a calm guy. Hyunmin brought her phone out from her pocket. She scrolled a little on the screen and clicked on a certain picture. “This Moon Jongup?” she asked, showing the lady her phone. The lady focused her gaze on the phone before a smile formed on her face.

“Yup. That’s him! That’s Jongup, Eunseo’s boyfriend,” she said, excitedly.

“Wait, how can you have Eunseo’s boyfriend picture?” the cashier asked. Hyunmin sighed as she showed her phone to the girl. The cashier girl gasped in shock once she saw the picture.

“Isn’t that the same guy that came the other day? The one who offered you to carry the groceries?” she asked, a little demanding.

Hyunmin unwillingly nodded. “Jongup is here? Like right now? Here in the town?” the lady asked.

Hyunmin letting out a heavy sigh. “Jongup is… He’s…my husband.”

The two women gasped disbelief. “Seriously?!”

Once again, Hyunmin unwillingly nodded her head but she also quickly stated the fact, “But I swear to god! I never knew about Jongup and Eunseo’s relationship. He never tells me anything.”

The lady patted her shoulder softly. “It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault or Jongup’s either. Sometimes, the past just let it be passed. You don’t have think about it anymore. Maybe for Jongup, Eunseo is just his past and you’re his present. You should be thankful to have that wonderful young man as your other half.”

Hyunmin forcefully formed a smile on her face and said, “I gotta go. Nice to meet you.”

The two women hesitantly bowed a little as they watched the other went out from the store. Hyunmin pressed her lips together, making her way to her car. She got into the car and instead of starting it, Hyunmin ended up sighed heavily as she leaned her forehead to the steering.

“Why he never mention anything about Eunseo? What does she mean by he killed me? Jongup….” She couldn’t finish her own sentences since the thought of her husband is a killer really ripping her apart.

A heavy sigh escaped from her as she threw herself onto the seat. Hyunmin shoved her hand into her pocket and took out her phone. After a few ringing, someone picked up her call.

“Hey…”

 

 


Jongup kept on glancing at the main door, thinking when his wife will get home. He titled his head as he forced himself to focus on the television. He just stared at the showing show, not even care to find out why the all the actors and actresses were laughing.

Crack…crack…crack….

Jongup turned to his left immediately when that sound came through his sense.

Crack…crack…crack…

Jongup raised an eyebrow as he slowly got up from his seat. Jongup when to the store room and took out a baseball bet and brought it together with him, following the sound.

Crack…crack…crack…

Jongup gulped hard as he can when he taking a closer step towards the sound. He can felt his hair stood still when he realised the sound was actually came from the backdoor. Jongup hesitantly twisted the door knob. “Who’s there?” Jongup asked, gripping the bet tightly in his hand and opened the back kitchen’s door carefully.

Empty….

Jongup frowned. “Stupid kids…” he cursed, thinking that it might the town kids who tried to scare him. He was about to close the door when he felt something tickles his earlobe. Jongup quickly turned and heard a slow whispered that came out of nowhere, “Don’t trust anyone.”

Jongup’s jumped from his spot and moving the circle, trying to figure out from where the voice came.

“Who’s there?!” Jongup shouted, threat the unknown voice owner with the bet.

“What are you doing?”

Jongup turned and froze when he saw Hyunmin was standing at the side of dining table, looking at him weirdly. Jongup gulped and hardly greeted his wife. “Hey.”

Hyunmin raised an eyebrow before she softly returned her husband greet. “Hey.”

Jongup sighed, placing the bet the corner of the kitchen and went towards the younger, pulling her into his embrace. He buried his face on the younger’s top hair and whispered, “I miss you.”

Hyunmin chuckled and titled her head up to face the elder’s face. She brushed their nose together and replied, “I miss you too.”

Jongup glanced down and raised his brow, “I thought you said you want to buy some stuffs?”

Hyunmin’s eyes widen as she mentally cursed herself, ‘Oh .’

She pressed her lips together, looking down on her feet and avoiding Jongup’s orbs. Jongup cupped her chin and titled her head. “Where have you been exactly Minnie? Please be honest with me?”

“To the mart,” she answered silently. “Then where are the stuffs?”

“I…I…”

“You what?”

Hyunmin sighed, shaking her head in disappointment before she finally asked the question that had been stuck in her mind, “Why you never told anything about her?”

“Her?”

“Eunseo…” she mentioned her name and at that exact time, a loud bum sound was heard from the upper floor causing the couple to jump in shock.

“What was that?” Hyunmin asked scaredly, gripping on Jongup’s sleeve. Jongup shrugged and lead his wife to the living room before he carefully went to the top floor.

To be honest, his whole body was actually trembling in fear, especially after what happened in the kitchen just now. But for his and Hyunmin’s safety, Jongup was still making his way to the sound source. He walked through the hallway with fear. The noise still sounds so clear into his sense. Jongup stopped in front of the bedroom door that was placed at the end of the hallway at the upper floor. He gulped hard the lump in his throat with hands shaking, trying to twist the door knob. He pushed the door opened but only silence greeted him. The bum sound gone already. But, just to make sure himself, Jongup encourage himself to enter the room.

Meanwhile in the living room, Hyunmin anxiously sitting on the sofa kept on glancing at stairs. She didn’t hear anything from the top floor causing her to be in a dead worried. She pressed her lips together, taking a deep breath and let it out.

“Argh!!”

Hyunmin jumped in shock and her feet immediately made a way to the top floor, running to find her husband. She stopped at the same bedroom where Jongup was and panted a little. “Uppie?”

Jongup turned around and grinned at her. “Sorry…”

“Why are you screaming?”

Jongup rose up his hand and showed the thing at his wife. “Wig?”

“The boys must leave it here,” he said as he placed the wig in the cupboard. “I didn’t mean to scare you. This stupid wig was just suddenly fell from the ceiling, making me screaming.”

Hyunmin chuckled, shaking her head. “I never knew you scare of….”

“I did not. I’m just s…shock okay,” he replied, pouting.

“But the sound….”

Jongup shrugged, “I found nothing in here. Maybe it was just some lost animal. A racoon maybe?”

“Maybe…” Hyunmin mumbled although her thought really against with her husband’s word.

 


After that event, the couple remain awkward. Hyunmin kept herself distant back away from Jongup, leaving Jongup in confuse state. The pair was watching TV when Jongup finally reached his limit. He moved himself closer to his loves one and noticed how tense Hyunmin was.

He reached out for the younger’s hand and gripped it tightly in care. Hyunmin still plastered her gaze on the television, didn’t have any intention to face her husband. Jongup sighed in frustration, letting go of Hyunmin’s hand. He leaned to the sofa and spoke up.

“She was my ex girlfriend.”

Hyunmin froze when she heard her husband. She slowly gulped and put on focus to Jongup although her eyes still glue on the TV. She wants to know and she needs to know. Why her? There are so many people in this town but why Eunseo must look out for her? She doesn’t even know or even hear about Eunseo before.

“We’re used to date but suddenly she went missing and still missing until now. That was the past…” Jongup said and he slowly leaned towards Hyunmin’s shoulder and continued, “…and you are my present. You’re my wife and I’m sorry for keeping this thing from you. I never mean too. I thought, some secrets should remain untold for the sake of happiness.”

Hyunmin glanced a little at Jongup, biting her lower lips. “I hate it when you treat me like this. Please talk to me sweetie.”

Jongup’s beg leaded to a heavy sigh to escape from the younger’s mouth.

“Are you really with her when she was missing?”

Jongup looked up for a better view of the person that he called wife and titling his head a bit. “Me?”

Hyunmin nodded. “Yes, you.”

Jongup quickly shook his head. “No! I don’t know why people kept saying that she was with me when she’s missing.”

“Then? Where were you during that time?”

“I was in here. Right here, in the middle of the living room. Laughing and enjoying myself together with the others.”

Hyunmin sighed, “Sorry for doubting you.”

Jongup shook his head as he pressed his forehead to the younger’s. “I love you and that’s all matter now.”

“Me too…” Hyunmin replied and mentally blamed herself. ‘I shouldn’t doubt Jongup.’

Jongup sealed their lips together, lacing their finger tightly before a sudden question came out from him. “How did you find out about Eunseo?”

Hyunmin sighed heavily as the beam of tears started to foam. The image of Eunseo, the same missing girl that she saw on the flyer made her trembeling in fear. All the incidents started t play back into her mind, leaving Hyunmin in nothing but insecure.

“I don’t know how tell you did but…”

“But?”

“I saw her….”

Jongup raised a brow and repeated his wife, “You saw her? Eunseo?”

Hyunmin nodded her head causing Jongup’s eyes widen in surprise. “Where did you see? Is she okay? Is sh…”

“I think she’s dead,” Hyunmin cut him off.

“Dead? So, you want to tell me that you saw a dead people?”

Hyunmin nodded and she immdately frowned when Jongup suddenly laughed. “Why are laughing?”

“Because there is no ghost.”

“But I saw her! She was in forest, backyards and even in our room! She…she… I don’t know! You didn’t feel what I felt. Like yesterday…”

“What do you mean?”

“The bathtub was suddenly filled up with mud, sand and stone. And something was ing pulled me deep into it! And if you didn’t pulled me out, I might die already.”

“You were dreaming okay. You’re propabaly fell asleep when taking bath or something,” Jongup said, trying stated the fact. Hyunmin sighed harshly, fuming with her husband who was refuse to trust her.

“Okay fine! I might be dreaming but I absouletely not dreaming or sleep walking or what ever the you want to when she told me that someone killed her!”

“That’s it, Hyunmin. No more jokes. If she really dead, it’s not nice to bad thing about her.”

“But…”

“No but enough is enough. You must be tired,” Jongup tried to be reasonable.

A heavy sigh escaped from Hyunmin as she stood up from her seat and walked away from the couch. “Where are you going?” 

Hyunmin turned and looked at her husband. “I thought you said that I was tired and such… So I want to go to the bed and trying to take myself away from this horrible imagination of mine,” Hyunmin sarcastically said.

With that, Hyunmin making her way to the bed, leaving Jongup dumfounded at the couch.

“This is supposed to be a sweet honeymoon…” he mumbled.

A sudden knock on the main door made Hyunmin’s track and Jongup’s thought to stop in the middle. Both of them glanced at the door before looking at one another.

The couple gulped a little when they realised the clock already struck to midnight which impossible for them to have a visitor.

“Uppie…” Hyunmin silently mentioned the elder’s name as the elder making his way to the door and twisted the knob. She watched moves that was made by her husband while Jongup hesitantly opened the door.

“You shouldn’t do this…” a sudden whispered causing Hyunmin to scream in fear causing Jongup to run towards the younger, leaving the door left opened to the unknown midnight guest.

 

 

 

 


Hey guys.. first of all, I wanted to say Im so sorry for the super late update.. I was so busy with school and finishing my other story. Thank god, I already completed my other story, It's Okay, I still love you and finally have sometime to update this fanfic... I hope you like this chapter and dont forget to leave a comment later...

see you in the next update... bye!