puzzle

TWINING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghoon tried to find a plausible explanation to the thing in front of him. It was surreal. He saw Jinwoo moved closer to the board. He stared at the pictures and words written on it. He was actually afraid to be near it.

"It’s us." Jinwoo whispered. "What’s happening?" It was more of a question to himself since the eldest knows that Seunghoon does not have the answer too.

"Is this a prank?" He uttered but his voice was clearly shaking. Because if all of this was a prank it was not funny. It’s not funny at all. He found his courage to move in closer. He stared at the photos. It was really them. He saw himself in coffee shop writing on a piece of paper. There was Mino on the gym. Seungyoon playing with his skateboard. The pictures are their daily lives. It was like they were being watched. 

"How did whoever did this have this picture?" He eyed the picture Jinwoo was speaking about and his entire soul left. It was the three of them. Him, Mino and Seungyoon. They were in the balcony and this was just two days ago. The camera was aimed at them directly like it was filmed in front of them. He felt another lump on his throat. They needed to get out of here.

"Hyung!" The two of them looked at each other. The voice sounded like Taehyun. They wanted to answer but it was as if they were rooted on their spot. They heard him call again and louder this time, indicating that he was nearing them. They suddenly heard hurried footsteps coming from the stairs and they turned around to see a panting maknae.

"Hyung, come on. We found Seungyoon hyung. We should go." The youngest watched as Jinwoo slightly nod but Seunghoon remained on his spot. Taehyun noticed the whiteboard and his eyes widened.

"What is that?" His eyes widened more as he approached the board. And he gasped as he saw the photos and words all over it. Seunghoon took a deep breath and started collecting his thoughts.

"Is Seungyoon okay?" He heard himself ask. The youngest nodded a yes, his eyes still glued on the board.

"Taehyun." Taehyun faced Seunghoon. "Can you tell Mino and Seungyoon to be here?" He requested. Taehyun nodded and immediately ran his way up again. The two of them was still finding an explanation about everything that is going on. 

"What are we going to do?" Seunghoon heard jinwoo.

"We have to get out of here." Seunghoon knew that it is the most important thing right now. Not long after they heard hurried footsteps and he felt himself release a breath as he saw Seungyoon with just minor injuries like them. 

"Are you okay?" Jinwoo approached Seungyoon and the latter nodded in response. 

"Where did you find him?" Seunghoon questioned.

"He was on the second floor. He was actually opening all the doors." Mino answered.

"I was searching for all of you too." Seungyoon added. Jinwoo was the only one on the ground floor? He questioned himself. He did not voice it out though. Maybe he was just thinking too much. Plus, it’s Jinwoo. He convinced himself.

However, there eyes shifted to the whiteboard and they elicited the same reaction.

"What the is this?" Mino questioned and they obviously don’t have any answers.

"It’s us. I don’t really know what the hell is happening right now but all I know is that we have to get out of here. We’ll find a way." Seunghoon stated. The other four agreed. They started their way up again but he could not help but leave a lingering stare at the picture that was taken two nights ago.

They reached the first floor again and started ransacking all the rooms that they can find but just like what Jinwoo told them it was all locked out. They have tried looking for anything that would destroy the locks but nothing worked. They then went to the second floor hoping there might be an open window or something. Seunghoon can still feel the pain in his hip but he tried his best to ignore it. All he wants to do is get out of the damn place because every freaking minute that they stay feels like an eternity. They have opened almost every door there was for any possible escape at all. They were obviously tired too. Added by the fact that their wounds and bruises have not been properly tended. They went back to the first floor with hopes falling every second. They were running out of places to go. The basement is the only thing left to explore but it was so dark in there. Seunghoon recalled the basement and he knows that there were more rooms in their but the thought of going down to where they saw their own pictures does not sound so inviting at all. They gathered at the receiving area where Seunghoon slumped his way to the sofa. He saw Mino paced back and forth muttering perhaps every curse that he knows. Seungyoon sat at the other side of the sofa clearly in deep thought and Taehyun was sitting beside him clutching the older’s shoulder. Jinwoo was just standing near the door. He creased his eyebrow as he watched their eldest knock on the door. He repeated the same action and it seems like he was not contented since he started walking towards what he thinks is a storage bag for baseball bats. He carefully watched Jinwoo take one of the bats and made his way to the door once again. He winged the bat directly on the door and he heard an unfamiliar sound. Then realization dawned upon him. He stared at the other members and they exchanged horrified looks.

"These are not ordinary doors." Jinwoo spoke for all of them. "Basing upon the sound, it seems like it’s made of steel or something of that kind." He finished as he put the bat down. Seunghoon closed his eyes. He heard Mino released a train of curse.

"What the hell is this place?" Seungyoon stood up and started pacing back in forth, his eyes shifting from all the corners of the room. Hell. Seunghoon answered on his mind.

"We have to get out of here." Mino said aggressively. 

"But how?" Taehyun stood up stared at the ceiling. "This place is too big and it’s locked from the outside. The doors are even made out of steel. How are we going to escape here? Why are we even here? We had an accident right? Why are we not on the hospital or even in the ing road? How did we get here?" He sighed as he sat again, beside Seunghoon this time. They avoided each other’s gazes. Everything Taehyun has just said are the things that they could not answer or explain.

"Let’s go back to the basement." Seungyoon said with a firm voice. The four looked his way and saw a determined expression. "Let’s look at the pictures again. Maybe we’ll find something. And I think the basement is bigger than we think. We can try searching for an escape there." He continued.

"I really don’t want to go back there." Taehyun stated as he gripped Seunghoon’s left shoulder again. Seunghoon swallowed as the pain registered to him.

"I know." Seungyoon answered. "I don’t want to go there either. But we don’t have much choice. If we stay here… we would… I don’t know what would happen. Perhaps there, we can get some answers."

" this. Come on. Let’s go down. I want to get out of here." Mino expressed and started his way to the left side of the house where the basement is situated. Seungyoon and Jinwoo followed Mino silently. Seunghoon stood up dragging the maknae on the process. Taehyun was still holding unto him as they walked their way towards the basement. He felt his insides twitch. The basement does not look as a place of refuge at all. It was more of a prison waiting for them to enter it. They walked silently and only soft sighs were heard from everyone. They were clearly tired, thirsty, hungry, frustrated and afraid among

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter