Chapter 1

It all started with a misunderstanding, but ended as love instead

[1]

 

She hit him again for doing his killer move, standing behind a girl’s back while holding a white rose, trying to seduce her. As usual, their parents can only laugh whenever they do it again, which they do everyday. 

 

“Hiro, stop bothering your sister and Hami, let your brother win, just for once…” their father said with a sigh as their mother happily continues cooking their breakfast smiling while looking at them. Hiro happily agrees with their appa while Hami can only shake her head.

 

“Eomma, back me up!” Hami asks her mom by tugging her shirt which children usually do. Being eomma’s girl, she helps her by hitting the two boys’ with a rolling pin then smiling at her, indicating she did what she asked.

 

“Eomma, gomawo~” she happily replies as she watch the two men rolling on the floor due to the pain their eomma did. Hiro stood up leaving his appa still rolling while holding his head and walked towards Hami. When he was in front of her, he leaned towards her but Hami didn’t move an inch. He was a few centimeters away from her face but she still stood there calmly and even yawned after a few minutes passed, indicating she is not interested.

 

“WHY ARE YOU NOT GETTING NERVOUS??!!” he exclaimed while stomping his feet on the floor like a kid while Hami looked at him with a bored expression and continued yawning which really made him madder.

 

“Wanna know why oppa? First, let me tell you again, I am your twin sister. How can I get nervous when my big brother’s face is a few centimeters away from mine? And second, you do that everyday~” she replied saying “everyday” in a slow tone. Hiro can only look at her and smile after realizing she is right, and walked back to their room to get their things or else they will be late, again.

 

----

 

“Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

 

Small laughter can be heard everywhere whenever Hiro and Hami passes a street riding their bicycle with Hami seating behind her brother. It might look like a typical couple thing couples do whenever they go to school, but this time its Hiro and Hami. People always thought they are a couple because despite being twins, they don’t like each other at all. Hiro’s hair is black while Hami’s brown. But that’s not all, Hiro’s smile is calming while Hami has this energetic smile which can make you smile without knowing it. The only thing they have in common is their eyes, both of them have these normal calming eyes which you can gaze for hours and not get one bit bored. But of course, Hiro was black while Hami’s brown.

 

“Hami, are you still there? What if I’ve been on this bike for how many minutes already but I found out my passenger already fell?” Hiro jokes while trying to start a normal conversation with his sister who hit him when he said that but smiled at him. She knows that it’s tiring to use the bike just to drop her to her school, and her school is half an hour away from their house but Hiro still likes to drop her to school himself. He treasures her sister and doesn’t want anything bad happen to her, he is so protective of his sister he doesn’t want her to have a boyfriend.

 

“What will I do if one day you left me Hami?” he whispered to himself while Hami continued to hug him trying not to fall off the bike which he happily loves and eventually goes faster so that she’ll hug him much tighter.

 

“Ya oppa! Go slower or else I’m taking you with me!” she said in a serious voice still hugging to him which he followed, whenever she says something, she really mean it.

 

“Mian Mian…” he replied as he slower the bike, but the bike suddenly went very fast when the road was going down which made Hami scream in joy while Hiro was screaming in fear.

 

----

 

“Aigo, I need to find another path tomorrow…” he said as he stops the bike in front of Hami’s school, his school was further away because Hiro was admitted to a special school, a school for young artists. Hami went off the bike and looked everywhere to check if anyone is around and took her bag in front of Hiro and dashed off inside the empty school leaving Hiro on his own. Hiro felt his phone vibrate and read the message which made him smile.

 

“ To: my creepy twin

From: your adorable twin

 

Oppa thanks again for today! As usual, we are 5 minutes earlier than the other students so your secret is still safe! Good luck on your school oppa! Hwaiting!

 

-Ha Mi”

 

“Aish, I told her a lot of times her name is spelt Hami not Ha Mi…” He can only smile while he read the message forgetting that 5 minutes already passed and the students are already coming.

 

“Who are you?”

 

He was startled when he heard someone talk and he quickly dashed off leaving his handkerchief that fell on the ground when he took his phone out from his pocket. The girl who asked a question earlier walked towards where the handkerchief was and picked it up. She looked at the name below it and smiled when he saw a dog patch instead of a name.

 

“I guess I’ll call you gae-ah for now…” she whispered to herself and entered the school with Hami watching her from the side. Hami smiled when she saw her acting normally despite picking up a stranger’s handkerchief so she caught up to her and walked beside her.

 

“Annyeong!”

 

“Annyeong!!” she happily replied which made Hami smile. She is a transferee so she’s happy she can make a new friend on the first day. They happily went inside the school chatting about them making Hami forget that her brother’s handkerchief is missing.