Chapter two: Encounters of the fatal kind.

Will you love me, Mr. Huang?

 

(Chanyeol POV)

I sometimes think that the universe is out to get me. No, no, I know what your thinking; "oh he's just complaining about nothing." but seriously, I do think that the universe plays a HUGE roll in me always getting the short end of the stick when it comes to life.
What about my life? Well first of all my name is Park Chanyeol. I'm 25 years old and I live in one of the greatest cities in the world (well techincally it's the only city I've lived in since I left home when I was 18, but enough of that!) Seoul. I've been living here for the the past 7 years. But I techincally started living on my own about a year ago. Ya see, a year ago I was living with my annoying best friend/roommate at the time, Oh Sehun. Who by the way is a very sarcastic little ...don't tell him I said that! (But seriously he is a very sarcastic moody little that knows how to push peoples buttons with out saying much. Really! If you ever meet him, run away. Run far away!) Okay, so I moved out of Sehun's place (as he likes to call it "Fortress of the Hun"...he's a weirdo.) and into my own place, because well...
I got into a realtionship with this guy. Well, he's not just any guy, really. He's THE guy. He's...he's the best guy ever.  His name is Wu Yi Fan, but everyone calls him Kris, I call him my boyfriend! (can you feel the love? I hope you can! I love this guys so much!) We've been dating for well over a year now and after 3 months of dating and sleeping over,  he asked me to move out of Sehun's-oh wait sorry, Fortress of the Hun's and get a place of my own so that we can hang out more. But honestly,  I don't think he was really all that comfortable around Sehun. 
Don't get me wrong, Sehun is like a brother to me. Ya know that little brother that would rather burn ants with a magnify glass then own an ant farm. But still he's like my brother. Because underneath all that witty sarcasm and poker face that seems to always be in place; he's the most loyal, trust worthy, sweetest (don't tell him I said that.), and dependable guy I know. However, he can be a bit too much for people who don't know him that well. Example; Kris. 
Whenever those two were around each other, things always got a little out of hand. Basically, you kind of have to have a sense of humor (the sarcastic kind) in order to get some of Sehun's jokes, and also not take things so literal whenever he says something to you. Meanwhile Kris is someone who doesn't really joke around so much, and he means everythings he says. He's a serious guy basically. Several times I had to get Kris or Sehun out of the house before fist started flying, because Kris didn't get the joke or Sehun didn't get when to shut his pie hole when I told him to. 
I'll admit though, I miss living with Sehun. Taco Tuesday isn't the same, because for one thing I no longer have taco's on tuesday. Or tacos for that matter. Annd we can forget 6 beers up the river friday. (it's a game we play, we get a six pack of beer and a deck of cards and try and get the face down cards correct before we run out of beer, loser has to buy more beer...sounds boring but trust me, things get pretty interesting with a six pack of beer) 
Honestly all the unhealthy stuff I did with Sehun (beer and junk food oh and our weekly ritual of video game binging followed by a horrible case of truth and dare) I no longer do. Kris suggested that the lifestyle I was living, wasn't a healthy one (he's sort of a health nut), so I had to make a few adjustments. I know what your thinking, I sold out because of my boyfriend (a/n: and your prolly right haha) But you wouldn't think so if your in love like I am.
I love my boyfriend. He's changing me for the better.
So when he gave me the news that he was going back home for two weeks, I got this brillant idea to follow him to Canada so that we can spend a little quality time alone together. The thing is, I didn't technically tell him I was going to join him. I wanted it to be a surprise. But unfortunately, things didn't go according to plan. He wasn't in Canada. It was like he dropped off the face of the earth, or the northern peninsula. His phone was off, his office said that he was on vacation and that's all they were willing to share with me (bastards). So with no boyfriend to dote on or share a romantic vacation with, I returned home.
I called Sehun to see if he could cheer me up, but he only brought me more down by telling me that I had to return to work because a big project was coming up and we might be able to take a part in it. Although I am excited about that, I am still a little down that I haven't seen my boyfriend for about a month. As you can imagine, I was really looking forward to that trip. And you also guess that I've been very distracted the past few weeks, especially since I've return from Canada. Alone.
The universe has a weird sense of humor. Why does it like to see me suffer-?

(End of POV)



CRASH!!!    
Chanyeol sat upright in horror as he stared at the rear of the car he just bumped into smoke slightly from his front slamming into the bumper. He really wasn't watching where he was driving (not that the driver needed to know that)
"Aish!" he hissed as he unbuckled his seat belt. "What have I done?"
He gulped when he saw the driver of the white mitsubishi lancer open his door and slowly step out. Gathering his wits about him, Chanyeol opened up his door as well and stepped out of his old blue suzuki esteem. He was prepared to lie or bribe his way out of this! Considering he didn't techincally have car insurance at the moment (all his money for the month went to his 'would be' trip.). 
"Yah!" he said loudly "What are you thinking stopping in the middle of the road like a crazy person!"
Chanyeol immediately regretted using his 'mean' voice, as soon as he laid eyes on the man who got out of the car. The man that stood in front of him was breath taking. He was tall, (that was the first thing Chanyeol noticed about him) he had his black hair combed back and looked elegantly poofed on the top of his head that slanted slightly to the left. His eyes were a piercing blue which he assumed was not his actual eye color because it was far too blue to be his real eye color, but under his piercing eyes were the most alluring set of eye bags Chanyeol had ever seen in his life. Whether it was from lack of sleep or maybe he was sick, it looked good on the stranger. Chanyeol's eyes trailed down the man's face and was admitting to himself that he found the owner to the much nicer car then his, was very attractive. And he was even dressed so nicely that it only added to Chanyeol's attraction. He always was a er for a guy in a well fitted suit. The dark blue suit molded to the stranger perfectly and matched his eyes and hair harmoniously. 
Shaking his head, to get his wits about him again, Chanyeol inhaled and smiled as nicely as he could to the stranger.
"Why did you stop in the middle of the road?" he asked nicely
The stranger cocked an eyebrow at him, which made Chanyeol a little weak in the knees and pointed behind him where the front of his car was. Chanyeol looked around him and mentally face palmed when he saw it was a school crossing and there were little school children slowly but surely making their way across the road to the other side.
"Oh my god," he whispered to himself as his hand went up to cover his face.
The beautiful stranger muttered something in a foriegn language which caught Chanyeol's attention because sometimes he heard Kris mutter in that exact same language.
"Excuse me?" he asked meekly
"I'm late," the stranger said in perfect english "So give me your phone number so I can call you about the cost to the damage you did to my car."
"Eh?" said Chanyeol confused
"Your phone number," the stranger said slowly
Now, Chanyeol understood exactly what he said. He studied English in college, but that stranger didn't have to know that. Time to play the 'no speak english' act he thought to himself as he raised his hands in mock confusion.
"I don't speak any english." he said quickly shaking his head "No phone."
"Great." sighed the stranger running his fingers through his hair.
As luck would have it, Chanyeol's phone rang inside of his car. Blasting the rock ballad  "Don't Stop Believin'"that could be heard from outside. Dread washed over Chanyeol as he snuck a glance at the stranger in front of him who was glaring back at him, and ran to his car and grabbed his messenger bag and dumped it out on his seat till his phone fell out. His heart leaped when he thought he saw Kris's name on the caller I.D
"Hello, Kris?" he said as soon as he answered the call
The stranger watched the tall gangly big eared man in front of him face drop slightly and his excitement in his voice falter and he spoke in a monotone voice.  His eyes scanned the inside of the other's vehical and he saw an I.D. card dangling from the rear view mirror and that it looked vaguely familar to the EXO logo that is on every employee's card, his eyes trailed down till he saw the name on the I.D  followed by a profile picture of the man infront of him flashing a white teeth smile. Park Chanyeol. he read Okay then.
"Kyungsoo he didn't even show up!" whined Chanyeol on the phone "I dunno what to do about him! He won't call or answer any of my calls."
Chanyeol felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned in that direction only to have his phone snatched from his hand and to have a phone suddenly in his face. Blinking in confusion he heard a camera click and the stranger ending his call with his coworker Kyungsoo and starting to type into his phone.
"Hey what are you doing!?" he demanded and tried to reach for his phone but the stranger backed away.
He suddenly heard the stranger's phone ring in his hand and saw the stranger nod in approval before hung up and tossed  Chanyeol's phone back to him.
"There." said the stranger simply "Now I have your picture and I have your phone number. I'll call you with the bill."
Chanyeol stared in shock as he watched the stranger walk away from him and get into his car and sped away.
"AISH!" he cried out
Stomping back to his car, he slammed the car door harshly and glared as the white car drome out of sight. Sighing in frustration, Chanyeol his car finally decided to drive away as well but something stopped him. His eyes widen in horror as he saw a black horizontal line across his forehead from where he hit his head on his steering wheel.
"You've got to be kidding me!" he cried into his hands "Ah and he has my picture with this stupid thing on my face."



Chanyeol looked around the office and went into full ninja mode crawling, jumping and rolling as he snuck over to his desk that he shared with Sehun. He was almost in the clear when he heard his superior Jongdae call out his name
"Yah Park Chanyeol!" said the smaller man in his boisturous voice
Groaning Chanyeol straighten up and turned around to see Jongdae walking toward him with a little kick in his step.
"Good morning sir," mumbled Chanyeol politely as he bowed his head
"It's half past 9," said Jongdae standing in front of Chanyeol "Your late!"
"There was a bit of a traffic jam," replied Chanyeol quietly "I'm sorry."
"Call next time!" said Jongdae firmly "Anyway that's not why I want to talk to you."
"Sir?" asked Chanyeol tilting his head in confusion
"Meet me in my office in 15 minutes," said Jongdae "and please, don't be late."
"Yes sir." nodded Chanyeol
"And for the last time, stop calling me sir!" snapped Jongdae "I'm only a few years older then you!"
"Yes si- I mean," stuttered Chanyeol "yes Chen."
"Thank you!" 
Chanyeol turned back around dragged his feet to his desk and slumped in his seat before he laid his head on his desk. He felt tired all of a sudden.
He yelped when he felt a sharp smack to the back of his head.
"Yo." said a lispy voice 
"That hurt Sehun!" whined Chanyeol massaging his head
"It was suppose to, dork." smirked Sehun "When did you get here?"
"Just now," mumbled Chanyeol
"Cool." 
"Your drinking bubble tea again!" cried Chanyeol as he watched his best friend take his seat in front of him.
"Hey its better the the alternative." assured Sehun shaking his head while taking another sip of his morning beverage
"Which is?" wondered Chanyeol, eyeing the bubble tea wishing he had somethig to drink as well
"?" shot out Sehun
"No dude." said Chanyeol shaking his head.
"Okay fine," sighed Sehun sittig up and lowing his voice in case someone happened to over hear him "It's been weird with you not being around to have coffee and smoothies with, so I went to the bubbletea shop and I'm addicted, again."
"You need to kick that habit, again." said Chanyeol with a hint of worry "Your lisp is coming back."
"Don't remind me."  groaned Sehun "and bubble tea has nothing to do with my lisp, I was just born with it."
"No you weren't!" protested Chanyeol 
"Anyway," said Sehun changing the subject "Since you got here late, I'll tell you all the 'juicy' gossip you missed."
"Since when do you use the word 'juicy' and 'gossip' in that order?" asked Chanyeol out loud
"When I've had no one to hang out with except Jongin and you know how that guy talks sometimes." replied Sehun rolling his eyes "if I use that word again, please slap me."
"With pleasure." chirped Chanyeol
"Anyway," continued Sehun "The big bosses called me, Kyungsoo, Jongin, and you to the conference room. Since you weren't there, they told me to tell you; we got the job!"

"What job?" asked Chanyeol confused
"The job I was telling you about last night," said Sehun impatiently "You know the project for the new EXO mall?"
"Oh yeah," said Chanyeol remembering 
"Not the reaction I was looking for, but we'll get back to that later," said Sehun "Anyways, we will start working on the new project after the bosses get done talking to our new project manager."
"Is that all?" asked Chanyeol
"Of course not!" exclaimed Sehun "Who you take me for? Jongin?"
"Haha, I see what you did there," smirked Chanyeol
"Thanks," smiled Sehun "But the here's something you'll really like."
"Lay it on me my evil maknae of a friend." joked Chanyeol
"Before I left the conference room," started Sehun "I caught a glimpse of our new project manager, and word on the street is that it's the bosses son!"
"Our bosses are gay in case you've forgotten." said Chanyeol rolling his eyes 
"No, he's from Joonmyun-nim's previous marriage." said Sehun excitedly "Well, according to Minseok hyung anyway."
"Right."
"Dude I you not, this guys is freaking gorgeous!" said Sehun with a big smile on his face "Like it is a straight up a SIN for someone to be THAT good looking!"
"Your crazy!" said Chanyeol in disbelief
"You don't believe me?" 
"Not really." said Chanyeol non chalantly "I already got a freaking gorgeous guy who is a sin for being so good looking."
"Nah he's not." said Sehun shaking his head "You'll change your mind once you see this guy trust me. Your gonna be like Kris who?"
"PARK CHANYEOL!" 
Sehun and Chanyeol both jumped in their seats as they heard Jongdae shout out the latter's name from his office.
"Sheesh that guy." growled Sehun "How the hell did he become our superior anyway?" 
"I better go." said Chanyeol quickly getting up from his seat.
"What did you do now?" wondered Sehun 
"I dunno." admitted Chanyeol "See ya in a bit."
"Later."


Chanyeol met Jongdae in the hallway  by the smaller man's office as he adjusted his cardigan that was slightly out of place before he started to fiddle with his bow-tie.
"Stop fiddling with your clothes!" snapped Jongdae "And follow me to the conference room."
"Right," nodded Chanyeol. "But why the conference room?"
"Because it'll serve as our new boss's office till we get him a proper office." replied Jongdae
"Okay." mumbled Chanyeol
The younger man followed his boss into the big conference room at the end of the hallway, feeling a bit nervous. What did his new boss want with him?
Chanyeol came to a hault as Jongdae stood infront of the open door and gently tapped on the side glass wall before he quietly walked in and beckoned Chanyeol to follow suit. Bowing his head Chanyeol followed Jondgae into the slightly darken room, the only light being at the end of the room where the blinds were opening and he saw his new boss standing by the window talking on his phone.
"Yes, I know." said his boss nodding his head in agreement, speaking in english "No, that's okay, I don't need you to do that...Yes I'm sure Krystal...Sorry my mistake....Fine I will...I have go now...Bye mom."
"Mr. Huang?" asked Jongdae politely
The man in front of him turned around when he heard his name and Chanyeol's mouth dropped as he realized who his new boss was.
NO WAY! He shouted in his head The attractive guy from the school crossing!

Chanyeol quickly looked down when Mr. Huang walked over to them with a small polite smile on his face and outstretched his hand.
"Mr. Kim I presume?" he said in english
"Please call me Jongdae," replied Jongdae in broken english 
"I'm sorry do you speak english?" Mr. Huang asked politely 
"Not so much." admitted Jongdae in korean with a nervous laugh.
"Then please speak in whatever language you feel comfortable in, I understand Korean perfectly well, it's just speaking it I have a problem with." said Mr. Huang with another polite smile "and please call me Tao."
"I understand, Tao." smiled Jongdae the corners of his lips turning up
Chanyeol chewed on the inside of his mouth and glared down at the scoff on his brown leather oxfords, doing his best wishing he wasn't here. Maybe the universe was out to get him.
"This is my associate, Park Chanyeol," introduced Jongdae "he specializes in auditing. He will be one of the four men who will be helping you with the new EXO project. Chanyeol this is Huang Zitao."
Chanyeol mentally smacked his head  as he stared at the man who finally got a name to the attractive body he came across this morning before bowing his head slightly.
"Nice to meet you." said Chanyeol in a quiet voice not looking up from his feet.
"His korean isn't good so you can speak in korean if you want." said Jongdae quietly before speaking outloud "Chanyeol also speaks english as well, if that makes the situation more comfortable for you."
! I said I don't speak english when I met him this morning! Chanyeol cried in his head
"As long as he understands me we will make it work," smiled Tao at Jongdae before he reached down and grabbed a folder from his desk and opened it "Mr. Park, I heard you took a sick leave the last 5 days is this true?"
"Yes," said Chanyeol hesitantly "It was for my mother, she was sick..."
"With pancretitus?" inquired Tao
"...Yes." said Chanyeol with a nod
It was a complete lie, Chanyeol's mother was the perfectly healthy. But he had to lie somewhere right? If he wanted to leave the country for a few days.
"That's a shame, how is she?" asked Tao innocently
"She's fine thank you." said Chanyeol politely 
"Would you like to meet the rest of the team Tao?" asked Jongdae
"After lunch would be fine thank you." smiled Tao nicely "If you'll excuse me gentlemen I have a phone call I have to make."
"See you after lunch then," agreed Jongdae "Chanyeol, let's leave Tao to his work."
"By the way Mr. Park." called out Tao "I heard you were late coming to work?"
"Yes...traffic jam." said Chanyeol looking at his feet once again.
"It must of been some traffic jam." remarked Tao 
"Yes." nodded Chanyeol
Chanyeol turned around and quickly walked out of the conference room where to took off into a frantic run to the men's room where he called Sehun from, declaring he was never leaving the lavatory again.


(*A/N: YAY!!! They meet! SUCCESS!!! *throws confetti* I'm not sure about you, but an in charge bossy Tao is a rather y Tao! Yes I'm into that kind of stuff! 
As always thanks for reading! And Subscribe and comment! I like those kinds of things! HAHA I won't be uploading the next chapter til...50 subs and 10 comments! That's not greedy right? If it is...I'm not sorry! There I said it!
Next Chapter: Tao and Chanyeol take a little side trip into the night life of Seoul! 
Stay tuned! 
Yaminom out!*)