Seventeen

Lucky Seven (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Lee Soo Hyuk’s POV

 

I was already on my usual bus ride home. Sun-ah was on the same bus too, though she was sitting somewhere closer to the front. I had opted to sit farther in the backseat so I could see everything. So I could see her.

 

She appeared to be nodding off, her head bounding back up only to nod off woozily to the side before her head settled to lean on the windows. A few minutes later, she jerked awake and – later on – fell back asleep.

 

I frowned. She was already that tired and she was still heading for her part-time?

 

It was the end of her second week since she came to our school. She had only started joining the just-formed MMA club for more than a couple of days and already I could tell that their daily regiment was quite exhausting. Since those boys head on home after club activities, of course they would have enough time to rest and have sufficient time for school work too. But she had her part-time after school, and knowing the fact that she took the same shifts as Young Kwang, she probably had to force herself to stay up late just to finish schoolwork. That was not including her daily hassles, since I had heard Jae Hyun mention to us that she was starting to get a bit lazy on doing her laundry.

 

I frowned even harder as I noticed that she had started to nod off again. Her head was close to hitting the window hard because the road we were on was not so smooth.

 

Quietly slipping out of my seat, I slid onto the seat next to hers and gently pushed her head so it would lean on my shoulder. Since she was shorter than I was, somehow the position of her head on my shoulder felt just right. She was just the right height. I did not know what else to do, so I just allowed my arms to stay on my lap.

 

I had been distant with her ever since I had that dream when I slept in class. It felt so realistic, with her slightly flirtatious smile and her body pressed up against mine. It did not really help that as the real Kim Sun got more comfortable on leaning her head on my shoulder, I could feel her hugging my arm as if it were a bolster. The same warmth, the same cotton flowers scent that engulfed me in my dream wafted through my nostrils and I had to control all the hormones in my body in order to not give in to my urges. I tried looking away and distracting my thoughts from all things sinful. All I have to do is to avoid looking at her up close, and I’ll forever forget that dream.

 

“Hmm…”

 

Automatically, my head whipped up to see if she was awake. Wrong move.

 

Even though I could not see every part of her face, the ones that I could see did strange things to me. I could not see her eyes, but I saw her eyelashes. They were surprisingly long and spiky, which would probably explain the reason they had been gone unnoticed. I could also see her chubby cheeks that were naturally rosy and pinkish from all the fitness routine in her club activities, and I had to freeze my muscles so I would not reach out and pinch them. I also had the perfect view of her full lips. They were pink, tantalizing and slightly open, as she was softly snoozing away the exhaustion in her body.

 

If only I could adjust my body and lean in just a bit without waking her up, maybe I could… kiss her.

 

It was strange, really. I had had this curiosity on how her lips would feel like ever since the boys told me of her first encounter with the president of the MMA club. Even though the gossip died out after the senior had clarified that he meant it as a joke, instead of being upset like Jong Suk and Jae Hyun were on that topic, I found myself wondering of something else.

 

I have had my fair share of kissing girls. There was no use of lying to myself, there. Some of them literally threw themselves at my feet and when I kissed them like they wanted me to, they were already content with it. But she was different.

 

Those girls had been mere presences in my life. She was the center of it.

 

I wanted to taste her lips, and maybe get to know the flavour of her favourite lip balm – since that was the only necessary make-up item she needed. I wanted to know what kind of kiss would make her blush, and which kind would make her scold me, if I ever were that daring. I wanted to know which kind of kisser she was; the shy and peck-on-the-lips type, or the type that gets more daring when the kiss gets prolonged?

 

It was getting harder to breathe as I suffocated myself with my own mental questions, that I had to loosen my necktie. As soon as I caught sight of the view outside the bus however, I knew that my time with her had come to an end. We were already near her stop where she could go to her part-time work.

 

I pressed the buzzer and gently nudged her awake. “Sun-ah, wake up.”

 

Just like magic, her eyelids fluttered open as her hands released my arm. She was rubbing on one eye when she squinted at me with the other. “Soo Hyuk?” her voice croaked.

 

 I smiled as I smoothened some locks of her hair that were astray and covered her face. “We’re near your stop. For your part-time job?”

 

She glanced at the window and nodded as she got up and pressed the buzzer. The bus driver then started to slow down so he could stop.

 

Before hopping down however, she squeezed my hands. Her hand was really warm. The act was a bit sudden and it reminded me so much of my dream that I literally had to chant, ‘Control your hormones’ over and over in my head.

 

When the bus finally stopped, she gave me a somewhat adorable smile, with her looking half-drowsy and half-awake as she said, “Thanks for waking me up. I’ll see you later, Hyuk-ah.” She then hopped off the bus.

 

I froze.

 

“Can you forgive me, Hyuk-ah?”

 

Damn damn damn. She called me Hyuk-ah, just like in that dream! Shut it, just shut it!

 

“Silly Soo Hyuk,” she playfully scolded. 

 

“No, no. Stop remembering!” I muttered under my breath as I covered my ears but to no avail. Why the hell can I not forget?!

 

“Because you love me, you idiot.”

 

 

Kim Sun’s POV

 

 Saturday morning came with a lot of rain and thunder. At first I was glad because it gave me an excuse to make a slightly heavier breakfast than usual – three large pieces of pancakes is a bigger portion than my usual sandwiches, aye? – but, when the rain extended till the afternoon and rolled onto early evening, I was restless.

 

My precious Saturday a.k.a my moneymaking day was gone because of the weather!

 

I stared dejectedly at the rain through my window while lazily strumming some random chords on my guitar. “Go away, rain~ Just go away~ I need to make some money, so just go awaaaaayyy~~”

 

The skies must have heard me because right at that moment, I heard a particularly loud crack of thunder and more pouring rain following after.

 

“Just great!” I groaned as I gave up.

 

After a few minutes of literally staring at the ceiling, I had grabbed my cellphone and  decided to randomly text some of my friends all at once.

 

To: Demon Jae Hyun

Yah! What are you doing at home now? >_>

 

To: Cutie Jong Sukkie~

Jong Sukkie~ I’m bored TT_TT

 

To: Young Kwangie

Kwangie-ah~ Are you working? Have you eaten? :)

 

To: Sung Joonie the Rocker

Bang Sung Joon! I am bored. ENTERTAIN MEEEE~~ >..<

 

To: Dinosaur Woo Bin

Oi! Are you cooking anything nice? :D

 

To: Hong Jong Hyun

Jjong~ Stop studying so hard or your brain will explode! Hehehehe >_<

 

To: Soo Hyuk

Hyuk-ah, what are you doing? I’m really bored nowww TT_TT

 

To: Han Eun Byul

Eun Byul-ah, what are you doing? :) Are you with the other girls?

 

Barely a few seconds had passed after I texted Eun Byul when I received some replies.

 

From: Cutie Jong Sukkie~

I know~! I’m bored too TT_TT I’m currently stuck at home, so I’m just testing out some moisturizers that I had gotten for free. Want some? :D

 

From: Sung Joonie the Rocker

Why should I entertain you? :P You’re the weekend busker, you should be entertaining me instead~ Puhahahaha

 

From: Demon Jae Hyun

Yah? You text me and say ‘Yah’?! And how in the name of all things holy did you know I’m lazing around at home?!!

 

I giggled as I read their texts while imagining their voices in my head. I was about to reply to their messages when I was swarmed with more texts.

 

From: Han Eun Byul

I’m on a movie marathon with the other girls at my house. They said hi :D

 

From: Dinosaur Woo Bin

Hey! Do you think I have nothing else better than cooking? I do other things aside from cooking, eating, sleeping and studying, okay! >_<”

 

From: Young Kwangie

Nah, I took the day off. Lucky call since it’s been raining non-stop. I’ve had my lunch already, thanks for asking :) Have you had yours?

 

I wasted no time in rapidly typing out my answers to all of them in case they started to think I was neglecting their messages.

 

To: Cutie Jong Sukkie~

Uwah~ I want to try some! You’re so lucky you get those precious freebies since you work at that salon TT_TT Gimme a small bottle or something!

 

To: Sung Joonie the Rocker

But you’re the one with the band! And and what’s the whole point of me letting you save your name in my contact list as ‘Sung Joonie the Rocker’ if I can’t hear you play? I should change it to ‘Sung Joonie the Slacker’ instead… ;D

 

To: Demon Jae Hyun

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter